Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2019, 08:58 PM
Sarnak

I'm not in the running for achievements of any kind, but I did buy all the wolf meat in the Misty Thicket newbie zone and Rivervale, and plan to use it so my gnome mage can run around Grobb using vendors w/o Dark Elf mask or Wolf Form.

Plenty of non "endgame" stuff you can do for fun or to enhance your play experience later, without chasing the EXP dragon or fighting over spawns that maximize exp. I haven't seen anyone selling small wisdom deities yet, or alchemy pots for that matter, you could make it a goal to be the first at either if you want to put yourself on the front lines of "the race."
Old 11-10-2019, 08:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guy soloing in a MMO is bored...

Go mingle my man
I was having similar issues before soloing, so it's not just that.
Zekdos - Troll SK
Old 11-10-2019, 09:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was having similar issues before soloing, so it's not just that.
Yeah I mean there’s no easy answer here IMO. The fact of the matter is that EQ classic gameplay is not engaging insofar as the mechanics and fighting go. It’s very simplistic. So it’s easy to get bored of, especially if you’ve leveled up many characters. What keeps me coming back is that the world itself feels more vibrant and alive (in large part due to the danger of death and different faction considerations) than any other MMO. Nothing wrong with being bored though. Take a break for several days and come back when you get the itch again.
Old 11-10-2019, 09:06 PM
Aviak

Why are you racing to level 50 if you feel this way? Level 29 means you've been grinding several hours a day since launch with no interruption.

This is a dumb post tbh. Go outside an take a walk you cave rat.
Old 11-10-2019, 09:30 PM
Banned

you've earned a huge break of just either not playing EQ or just farting around casually in game trying to have fun doing things other than exping

even with a huge break you will likely be 50 before the two month mark leaving months before the planes or alot of the more interesting content is released

you feel compelled to race when you really, dont need to
Old 11-10-2019, 09:48 PM
Planar Protector

I made a shaman to play now since grouping has been rough. Maybe I can get to 29 in a week if I ignore people ;D
Old 11-10-2019, 09:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I made a shaman to play now since grouping has been rough. Maybe I can get to 29 in a week if I ignore people ;D
Grouping was by far faster and less frustrating.
Zekdos - Troll SK
Old 11-10-2019, 10:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grouping was by far faster and less frustrating.
My main character's a ranger though ;D I got to level 10-11 in the first three days since launch, and tried to join groups every single day since that first weekend, and ive been in maybe 2-3, and 2 of those with a new guild I joined and i'm only level 14 tonight. I need to make a solo class bad or im going to go insane.. it is like 10 times harder then I ever could remember leveling anything.
Old 11-10-2019, 10:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you feel compelled to race when you really, dont need to
Bazia? more like ba-Zen Master! Great and wise tip. Now I feel better about only being level 18...
Old 11-10-2019, 10:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I'm the type of person that LOVES fresh servers. South ro being packed with 60 players and being in groups with all trolls/ogres was one of my favorite experiences. So that's mostly why I feel bad about quitting right now. I like being part of that initial rush.
Maybe one thing you can do to have the type fun you want to have is make an alt. Then, you can play whichever character has the most interesting group/solo opportunities at the moment you log in. What class? Teal or Green? Only you can answer these questions...
Closed Thread