Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 12:35 AM
Sarnak

Default Can you claim an entire floor of Highkeep as a camp?

What are the camp rules about this? Dungeon camp rules seem to say you need to maintain visual on the mobs you are camping once camps become contested, with some exceptions.
Old 11-11-2019, 12:38 AM
Kobold

Did they post 1 person in each room on the floor and pull to a central location?
Old 11-11-2019, 12:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimstrike [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did they post 1 person in each room on the floor and pull to a central location?
No, one guy was running around pulling things back to the staircase and fighting them there.
Old 11-11-2019, 12:43 AM
Fire Giant

Read the rules say Highkeep is a dungeon so...

Dungeon Type Zones are characterized as a zone which has very few open areas. These types of zones may include Sebilis, City of Mist, Unrest or High Keep (See section 2 above). For the most part you can claim what's Line of Sight (LOS)/Aggro Range. A couple exemptions to the LOS/Aggro range guideline may be Sebilis Spore King and Karnor Captain where camping within LOS/Aggro is just not practical.

That being said, you can absolutely "camp" mobs, and you cannot steal another players 'camp'. In general, if the placeholder or placeholders for a spawn are being killed, that 'camp' can be considered held by the player doing the killing so long as they are keeping the placeholders (or the room if there are no placeholders) cleared, within the same zone, do not die or log off. You do not necessarily need to be at the spawn point to call it 'claimed' while it is uncontested, however, if someone else wishes to contest the 'camp' you do need to return to the 'camp' and maintain a presence at or very near the spawn(s) in order to hold it. You cannot hold multiple 'camps' if another group wishes to contest one that you are holding. The player holding multiple 'camps' retains the right to choose which 'camp' to give up.

Take what you may from these rules. I am of the belief that if you get back to the spawns on a single floor before they repop then you can. If not you can only hold what you can kill before it repops ect.

This has been debated over and over but it never say you have to them in view.
Old 11-11-2019, 01:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98bcobra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Read the rules say Highkeep is a dungeon so...

Dungeon Type Zones are characterized as a zone which has very few open areas. These types of zones may include Sebilis, City of Mist, Unrest or High Keep (See section 2 above). For the most part you can claim what's Line of Sight (LOS)/Aggro Range. A couple exemptions to the LOS/Aggro range guideline may be Sebilis Spore King and Karnor Captain where camping within LOS/Aggro is just not practical.

That being said, you can absolutely "camp" mobs, and you cannot steal another players 'camp'. In general, if the placeholder or placeholders for a spawn are being killed, that 'camp' can be considered held by the player doing the killing so long as they are keeping the placeholders (or the room if there are no placeholders) cleared, within the same zone, do not die or log off. You do not necessarily need to be at the spawn point to call it 'claimed' while it is uncontested, however, if someone else wishes to contest the 'camp' you do need to return to the 'camp' and maintain a presence at or very near the spawn(s) in order to hold it. You cannot hold multiple 'camps' if another group wishes to contest one that you are holding. The player holding multiple 'camps' retains the right to choose which 'camp' to give up.

Take what you may from these rules. I am of the belief that if you get back to the spawns on a single floor before they repop then you can. If not you can only hold what you can kill before it repops ect.

This has been debated over and over but it never say you have to them in view.
You just quoted the section that states the camp must be LOS/aggro range.

To answer OP's question: you can not claim an entire floor of HHK. I was petitioned more times than I can count for not abiding by someone's claim to an entire floor in HHK. Each time yielded the same result: the player can only claim spawn points within LOS/aggro range of their camp.
Old 11-11-2019, 01:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyborg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You just quoted the section that states the camp must be LOS/aggro range.

To answer OP's question: you can not claim an entire floor of HHK. I was petitioned more times than I can count for not abiding by someone's claim to an entire floor in HHK. Each time yielded the same result: the player can only claim spawn points within LOS/aggro range of their camp.
Ty, I thought claiming an entire floor seemed a bit much. The guy insisted it was within his right, and this being my first actual camping “dispute” I didn’t really press the issue.
Old 11-11-2019, 01:11 AM
Fire Giant

Name and shame!

Dudes like that are total chuds.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 11-11-2019, 01:20 AM
Fire Giant

You're right I did. Read it wrong. Personally I just respect peoples camp and move on if its camped or wait till they are done rather than /petition or fight about it.
Old 11-11-2019, 01:25 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Name and shame!

Dudes like that are total chuds.
I don’t think that’s necessary, the guy was implying I was an idiot but we never came to outright vitriol or training or anything over it.
Old 11-11-2019, 01:26 AM
Fire Giant

Back in my day we used to have 4 full groups in the HHK basement
Closed Thread