Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

Isn't duping classic? People duped things on the original servers. Why would it be wiped? Part of the classic experience! (as is getting banned after the exploit is found and removed)
Old 07-24-2013, 04:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gadwen my friend....did someone shit in your cereal recently? You seem to be awfully negative lately on the forums =(
I must be spending too much time here.

I could elaborate in a more friendly way on the likelihood of the game being developed with honorable players in mind but It's just too much typing.
Last edited by Gadwen; 07-24-2013 at 04:07 PM..
Old 07-24-2013, 04:08 PM
Fire Giant

Remove all duped items (if possible)
Perma ban everyone found to have duped and item that did not report it, no second chances
Old 07-24-2013, 04:18 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Furinex

The trail leads from the toilet to the kitchen table.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:19 PM
Sarnak

I understand this is going to screw a lot of people over who have traded high end items as of late (if they are duped), but in the end if no plat is being created, I don't see how its *seriously* hurting the economy. And if the items are removed, even the worth of those items would go back up... so the people saying 'wipe it clean' aren't really saying that because of the damage the server's economy has taken, but because they suck and want to even the playing field. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-24-2013, 05:21 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Furinex

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulpher01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand this is going to screw a lot of people over who have traded high end items as of late (if they are duped), but in the end if no plat is being created, I don't see how its *seriously* hurting the economy. And if the items are removed, even the worth of those items would go back up... so the people saying 'wipe it clean' aren't really saying that because of the damage the server's economy has taken, but because they suck and want to even the playing field. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not saying a wipe is the answer at all, Im fairly happy with my character set... but what if plat was being duped? Cant say the economy wont be taking a hit.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:29 PM
Planar Protector

I don't see how they could remove all the duped items from the game without spending hundreds and hundreds of hours looking through logs investigating every trade that went on. A lot of legit players would end up getting screwed, I don't have enough plat to buy high end stuff yet but if I bought myself a fungi and then a month later it was gone with no type of reimbursement because it was a duped item...I would probably quit playing. Should every player be worried that any item they are buying might have been duped and may vanish sometime in the future? If so....that is really messed up.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:29 PM
Fire Giant

Seems like plat had been retaining its value this far. Hopefully if plat is being duped it will be RMT'd and those fuckers will get banned. Plat removed, hurray!
Old 07-24-2013, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

"Everything is gonna be okay."

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-24-2013, 05:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seems like plat had been retaining its value this far. Hopefully if plat is being duped it will be RMT'd and those fuckers will get banned. Plat removed, hurray!
for sure, hope they can check trade logs during lag spikes pinpointing some accounts to nuke
Closed Thread