Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2020, 07:12 PM
Large Rat

A couple of things I'd like to ask those who had played warriors to 60 and maybe even end game. Will the Bonus AC and Regen make a significant difference versus Regen and Slam?

I have a level 34 Iksar Warrior on the Blue Server. I'm considering on rerolling to a Troll warrior mostly because Slam, Plate Gear, and most Warrior clickies aren't available to my Iksar as of now or even later.

I recently returned to p99 after a long hiatus and noticed Blue server isn't popping like it used to be. If I were to reroll, what server will I more likely be able to group level my Warrior?
Old 11-06-2020, 07:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenvann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A couple of things I'd like to ask those who had played warriors to 60 and maybe even end game. Will the Bonus AC and Regen make a significant difference versus Regen and Slam?

I have a level 34 Iksar Warrior on the Blue Server. I'm considering on rerolling to a Troll warrior mostly because Slam, Plate Gear, and most Warrior clickies aren't available to my Iksar as of now or even later.

I recently returned to p99 after a long hiatus and noticed Blue server isn't popping like it used to be. If I were to reroll, what server will I more likely be able to group level my Warrior?
Can't speak to ac bonus at 60. I hear for a monk it's like 12 ac; nothing huge either way in the realm of raid gear or even thurg stuff.

At 60, regen is helpful if farming greens and that's about it. For SK's it's nice since FD regen is a horrible way to get health back.

Your kick at 55 can stun like slam can. No loss there. Basically giving up clickies from Cobalt Armor (but also not needing to get a cobalt bracer for a ton of plat).

IMHO, if you are going to reroll go gnome. Goggle helm and 40% spell haste arms. As a racial perk on blue you cannot beat those by a longshot. The xp penalty with trolls, iksars, and ogres is the most noticable thing. Really just play what you like the look of; your class is defined by your disciplines and gear optimization.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:23 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your kick at 55 can stun like slam can.

IMHO, if you are going to reroll go gnome. Goggle helm and 40% spell haste arms. As a racial perk on blue you cannot beat those by a longshot. The xp penalty with trolls, iksars, and ogres is the most noticable thing. Really just play what you like the look of; your class is defined by your disciplines and gear optimization.
Did not know Kick eventually becomes what Slam is now. I guess the benefit of picking a large race allows you to tap into that power much earlier than small races. Does Slam and Kick push and/or interrupts spell caster mobs that use Complete Heal and Gate?

Gnome Warrior sounds very nice, although it involves a lot of plat to raise the skill necessary enough to make https://wiki.project1999.com/Clockwo...hman_Vambraces . I will admit, the goodies that Tinkering produces is very enticing.

Last but not least, which server is more active? Blue and Green? Thanks again for insight!
Old 11-07-2020, 01:35 AM
Fire Giant

[QUOTE=Grenvann;3206878]Did not know Kick eventually becomes what Slam is now. I guess the benefit of picking a large race allows you to tap into that power much earlier than small races. Does Slam and Kick push and/or interrupts spell caster mobs that use Complete Heal and Gate?

Gnome Warrior sounds very nice, although it involves a lot of plat to raise the skill necessary enough to make https://wiki.project1999.com/Clockwo...hman_Vambraces . I will admit, the goodies that Tinkering produces is very enticing.

Last but not least, which server is more active? Blue and Green? Thanks again for insight![/QUOTE

You dont have to tinker it yourself, I bought mine for 2k
Old 11-11-2020, 10:46 PM
Sarnak

Max stamina if you want to min-max, period. Dexterity is easy to cap due to buffs and charisma is literally nonsense. Contrary to what someone implied in this thread, stamina is *not* easy to cap through gear / buffs, especially in Kunark and ESPECIALLY as an Iksar.

Jesus, people. Charisma???
Old 11-12-2020, 11:45 AM
Fire Giant

Cha ultimate neck beard min max for divine intervention proc chance. Hype hype hype

One option for starting stats, look into gear you think is attainable for you in velious. You wanna get to 205 sta. Iksar is baller, I would have made one if I didn’t like dark elves so much. Dex is pretty easy to cap with gear and shaman buffs, I’d just do a little homework to see where you can get to.
Old 11-12-2020, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Besides moments of not having a stam buff handy another consideration is your gear kit is fairly fluid. Sure a raid MT will be running great tank gear and buffed; no problem. Also anyone with BiS gear. For the rest of the people depending on your weapons or resist gear it’s not likely a 24/7 scenario. Some of the best warrior aggro weapons have no hps or stamina at all, a reaver has none, etc.
Old 11-12-2020, 01:12 PM
Banned

Max dex
Old 11-15-2020, 04:21 AM
Planar Protector

As I understand it, every Warrior that is not an Ogre should dump all points into Sta, while Ogres should dump into Dex.
Old 11-16-2020, 01:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pelerin1182 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't intend to raid with this character, if that makes a difference.
that does make a huge difference that all previous posters have conveniently chosen to ignore.

you will never cap any of your attributes and you will never have a lvl 60 pocket shaman at your command.

So forget about what is easy to max or not. Everything is easy in EQ, it just takes a lot of time and commitment.

Casual non-raiding Green Iksar Warrior I would do +25 STR.
People on these forums have really lost the notion of "casual" lol.
My warrior alt has maybe more than 100,000pp(?) worth of equipment on her and that adds to a big whopping +69 STR (http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Nausicaa).
I am not aiming for STR, and I did +25 DEX at creation, but this is because I am a filthy twink on Blue, not a SSF hopeful on Green...

Charisma lol....
Last edited by Nagoya; 11-16-2020 at 01:34 AM..
Closed Thread