Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2020, 01:51 PM
Fire Giant

Sorry you believe whats written down is enforced. You must be new here
Old 12-22-2020, 01:53 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry you believe whats written down is enforced. You must be new here

Now I did not say that. I have had a few instances where gms either dont respond or shrug it off. which is one of the reasons I dont really play anymore. once you watch the same people keep getting away with stuff over and over it gets annoying especially when you play by the rules.
Old 12-22-2020, 02:16 PM
Sarnak

Imagine stealing orc 1 on blue in 2020
Old 12-22-2020, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyman1022 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah that is pretty depraved.

Sorry Zaldaben you should play red but you can still get banned there for nonsense petitionquest reasons and just have to wonder WTF. I guess that is how alternate characters are born.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-22-2020, 04:32 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewinder47 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is not true. You need to be nearby a camp to claim it, as per: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2651

I wouldn't use the wiki as a source of server rules.
This is false.
Old 12-22-2020, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyman1022 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Especially considering the WC Orc camp was probably completely uncamped and has just as many spawns
Old 12-28-2020, 04:41 PM
Large Rat

Thank you for all the answers here even though it was just partially helpful because there are so many contradictory ideas around about the term "camp". Pointing out to the Guidebook I think explains it in the best way possible :

Quote:
"That being said, you can absolutely "camp" mobs, and you cannot steal another players 'camp'. In general, if the placeholder or placeholders for a spawn are being killed, that 'camp' can be considered held by the player doing the killing so long as they are keeping the placeholders (or the room if there are no placeholders) cleared, within the same zone, do not die or log off. You do not necessarily need to be at the spawn point to call it 'claimed' while it is uncontested, however, if someone else wishes to contest the 'camp' you do need to return to the 'camp' and maintain a presence at or very near the spawn(s) in order to hold it. You cannot hold multiple 'camps' if another group wishes to contest one that you are holding. The player holding multiple 'camps' retains the right to choose which 'camp' to give up."

So, it doesn´t even matter where you sit and btw. I was sitting right next to the camp just not in front and it is in no way neccesary to sit at a certain point to claim a camp.

Anyway, the anger about the situation eventually subsided. It is just sad how poorly some people handle such a situation and abuse their power (in this case a higher level character) to take what they want. I would, in any case, apologise and back off from such a situation but people are very different.
Old 12-29-2020, 01:04 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiseanne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you for all the answers here even though it was just partially helpful because there are so many contradictory ideas around about the term "camp". Pointing out to the Guidebook I think explains it in the best way possible :

Quote:
"That being said, you can absolutely "camp" mobs, and you cannot steal another players 'camp'. In general, if the placeholder or placeholders for a spawn are being killed, that 'camp' can be considered held by the player doing the killing so long as they are keeping the placeholders (or the room if there are no placeholders) cleared, within the same zone, do not die or log off. You do not necessarily need to be at the spawn point to call it 'claimed' while it is uncontested, however, if someone else wishes to contest the 'camp' you do need to return to the 'camp' and maintain a presence at or very near the spawn(s) in order to hold it. You cannot hold multiple 'camps' if another group wishes to contest one that you are holding. The player holding multiple 'camps' retains the right to choose which 'camp' to give up."

So, it doesn´t even matter where you sit and btw. I was sitting right next to the camp just not in front and it is in no way neccesary to sit at a certain point to claim a camp.

Anyway, the anger about the situation eventually subsided. It is just sad how poorly some people handle such a situation and abuse their power (in this case a higher level character) to take what they want. I would, in any case, apologise and back off from such a situation but people are very different.
your frustrations are exactly why I decided to leave p99. you have a clear rule book but its only half assed enforced. after months of watching people act like assholes with no repercussions and un answered petitions I would rather pay a monthly subscription than deal with a fairly apparent buddy system that's taking place on what's become a personal sand box.
Old 12-29-2020, 03:17 PM
Aviak

Why the P99 team continues to babysit some of you fine folks is a mystery that may never be solved.
Old 12-29-2020, 08:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiseanne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That was for Blue server. cant delete this message.
@kjs86z

Consider it
Closed Thread