Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2020, 11:36 AM
Sarnak

Default Spear of Fate CoM Reports turn in question

Hello guys,

I'v got another silly question for Shamans who've completed their epic:

I haven't killed Black Dire yet (hope I soon will), am amiable to True Spirit and managed to get all 6 reports in CoM yesterday soloing / duoing. Spent some more time today in CoM, and got 3 parts within 30 minutes at stables (could not loot them obviously)

So out of curiosity I went to EJ and started to talk to the Spirit Sentinel.
I asked for the booklet, and I got it. Combined the 6 reports and gave the journal back to SS, but did not get the expected result:

[Sun Jun 28 16:33:11 2020] Spirit Sentinel judges you amiably -- You could probably win this fight.
[Sun Jun 28 16:33:13 2020] You say, 'Hail, Spirit Sentinel'
[Sun Jun 28 16:33:15 2020] You think you are heading NorthEast.
[Sun Jun 28 16:33:24 2020] You say, 'i am heyokah'
[Sun Jun 28 16:33:24 2020] Spirit Sentinel says, 'Yes, you have walked the Path of the Heyokah to its end. You have become what few have and we will now call to you as Heyokah Xyhoz. From now on, you are a direct link between the spirits and man. Whether your goals are to help us or master us, you are welcomed. Though there is little time for celebration. Do you feel the darkness of this place, the forest? To eyes not trained to see beyond physical appearances, it seems like any other forest. But you know, as do we, of the mantle over the city threatening all of us. We must [rub it out].'
[Sun Jun 28 16:33:29 2020] You have no idea what direction you are facing.
[Sun Jun 28 16:33:40 2020] You say, 'i will find out how it all began'
[Sun Jun 28 16:33:40 2020] Spirit Sentinel says, 'Excellent! Go into the city and gather what evidence you can. The ghosts who still walk the streets may hoard precious memories that will aid us. Take this booklet and combine what you find in it. Then bring me the completed report. From there, we will know where to look next.'
[Sun Jun 28 16:33:42 2020] You think you are heading NorthEast.
[Sun Jun 28 16:34:03 2020] You have fashioned the items together to create something new!
[Sun Jun 28 16:34:06 2020] Spirit Sentinel says, 'This is a sad day. You have failed and strayed from the path set before you. Please try to live as close to the spirits as you are able, though this is the closest you will ever get.'

I suppose killing Black Dire & turning in its pelt will boost my faction to kindly+ and only then will I be able to repeat the CoM turn ins to get to max ally ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
Old 06-28-2020, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaarsuvius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello guys,

I'v got another silly question for Shamans who've completed their epic:

I haven't killed Black Dire yet (hope I soon will), am amiable to True Spirit and managed to get all 6 reports in CoM yesterday soloing / duoing. Spent some more time today in CoM, and got 3 parts within 30 minutes at stables (could not loot them obviously)

So out of curiosity I went to EJ and started to talk to the Spirit Sentinel.
I asked for the booklet, and I got it. Combined the 6 reports and gave the journal back to SS, but did not get the expected result:

[Sun Jun 28 16:33:11 2020] Spirit Sentinel judges you amiably -- You could probably win this fight.
[Sun Jun 28 16:33:13 2020] You say, 'Hail, Spirit Sentinel'
[Sun Jun 28 16:33:15 2020] You think you are heading NorthEast.
[Sun Jun 28 16:33:24 2020] You say, 'i am heyokah'
[Sun Jun 28 16:33:24 2020] Spirit Sentinel says, 'Yes, you have walked the Path of the Heyokah to its end. You have become what few have and we will now call to you as Heyokah Xyhoz. From now on, you are a direct link between the spirits and man. Whether your goals are to help us or master us, you are welcomed. Though there is little time for celebration. Do you feel the darkness of this place, the forest? To eyes not trained to see beyond physical appearances, it seems like any other forest. But you know, as do we, of the mantle over the city threatening all of us. We must [rub it out].'
[Sun Jun 28 16:33:29 2020] You have no idea what direction you are facing.
[Sun Jun 28 16:33:40 2020] You say, 'i will find out how it all began'
[Sun Jun 28 16:33:40 2020] Spirit Sentinel says, 'Excellent! Go into the city and gather what evidence you can. The ghosts who still walk the streets may hoard precious memories that will aid us. Take this booklet and combine what you find in it. Then bring me the completed report. From there, we will know where to look next.'
[Sun Jun 28 16:33:42 2020] You think you are heading NorthEast.
[Sun Jun 28 16:34:03 2020] You have fashioned the items together to create something new!
[Sun Jun 28 16:34:06 2020] Spirit Sentinel says, 'This is a sad day. You have failed and strayed from the path set before you. Please try to live as close to the spirits as you are able, though this is the closest you will ever get.'

I suppose killing Black Dire & turning in its pelt will boost my faction to kindly+ and only then will I be able to repeat the CoM turn ins to get to max ally ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
From the Shaman Epic guide https://wiki.project1999.com/Shaman_Epic_Quest , regarding the CoM reports:

"You receive a booklet which is a 6 slot container. (NOTE: it appears that the spirit can give you the container before your faction is good enough for him to accept it back when you have combined the product - apparently you should not try to do these hand ins before KINDLY faction)."

This doesn't suprise me that some of the quests aren't set up with a faction requirement. I am sure the developers weren't expecting people to figure out the quest was faction based, and farm certain parts of the quest over and over, instead of just going though the quest linearly.

When skipping parts of the Shaman Epic, you need to be sure you are at the right faction level.
Old 06-28-2020, 12:26 PM
Sarnak

You're absolutely right. Stupid me,

I must have read that part a good dozen times, but I sometimes get confused about those warmly |kindly | amiably faction standings like I also do with Yoda's Fear > Anger > Hate -> Suffering ^^

Guess I'll have to spend some more time in CoM then, grab those reports and wait to turn them in...
Old 06-28-2020, 04:56 PM
Kobold

I had luck by binding at Bondl and doing this circuit a few time: Rathe Mtns to do Marr's Promise, Envy, Woe, swinging around to kill Blinde while I was at it, running to WK to turn in to wandering spirit then gating back to Bondl to give him his gem. If you're going to CoM frequently to level anyway, hand the doggy the gem you get from the wandering spirit. A few of those, plus some Pegleg/Bondl turn-ins, put me at Kindly. I think I turned in 6 or so completed CoM reports to get to max ally. That part was a bit of a slog.
Last edited by Henlolizar; 06-28-2020 at 05:14 PM..
Old 07-01-2020, 06:26 AM
Sarnak

At effing last:

[Wed Jul 01 10:48:11 2020] Spirit Sentinel says, 'Ahhh good, let us hope what you have found will point us in the right direction. Hmmm...this is interesting. It appears the disappearance of the first queen may have caused Rak'Ashiir's faith to decline. From there, the first King Rak laid down the groundwork for the city's eventual demise. We need to learn what happened to the queen. Perhaps bringing this knowledge to the King's now cursed form will lift the mantle. We've learned that the last lord of Torsis, Ghiosk, was a bit of a historian. Find him and see what you can learn about the queen. Take what you find to my brother here In the jungle beneath the murky waters of a pond.'
[Wed Jul 01 10:48:11 2020] Your faction standing with TrueSpirit could not possibly get any better.

Part 1 -> Part 5 of the epic done. Major thanks to Weet who helped me with Black Dire a couple days ago and tanked the wolf like a boss with my minor help healing ( as if he needed any [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])

It took 7 report turn-ins to get from warmly to max ally... Worst part of that process is having all but 1 report and letting a lot of them rot (Lore) while you're looking for that one which won't drop... But at least, solo xp in CoM is very good as some of you guys mentionned in another thread.

Now I'm "just" looking for a Child's Tear MQ + Rak fight