Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manticmuse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is a really weird troll. delusions of grandeur aside, it's just not that interesting with literally nothing but promises of updates. can you give us something? at this point, "soon" means no. who was the p99 player who always claimed he was bringing down p99...systolic? reminds me of that.
Proly a lazy construction crew that didn't call before they dug.
Old 08-26-2016, 11:34 AM
Fire Giant

OP is a bad troll.
Old 08-26-2016, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_ole_jpn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
L4/L5 are for quantum data transmission only, the lines are only laid between shops with behaviour & weather prediction engines
I beloved this for a moment.

Still not sure I don't.
Old 08-26-2016, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFlash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP is a bad troll.
Really sad you are still here detracting and spreading bad energy making bad posts.

I feel like I need that Persian mysticism thing, the Evil Eye-- to keep JackFlash away.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Go away.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 08-26-2016, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahldagor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Proly a lazy construction crew that didn't call before they dug.
Nice fucking try man. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Street construction backbone cuts happen all of the time. I work for the biggest carrier network in the world, we saw impact from this, but a single L3 DNS node is not the end of the world. We live and work in a redundant world of redundancy world.

Intentional? Possibly...that happens all of the time as well. We usually see 5-10 cases a year that we can pin and prove on sabotage.

Years like this year where the CWA strike, and then leave the picket line to drive home in their Mercedes, it can climb 10 fold..people are dumb.
gildor is a field tech, he sees 5-10 a year that are absolutely sabotage.

It will all come out when I publish my article with Vice. Fuck JackFlash Tenlaar Thulack and anyone bitching about lack of updates. You think journalists just post little tidbits while they are writing a big story? Fuck you.

When I'm paid and have a part time position doing something I love, writing articles, we'll see who is the troll then grandma's basement boys.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 08-26-2016, 05:06 PM
Planar Protector

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_ole_jpn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What exactly is L3. I understand it part of the internets, but which part? Where? How different from L1/L2 (am I irresponsible assuming they exist?) what about L4+, those exist?

L4/L5 are for quantum data transmission only, the lines are only laid between shops with behaviour & weather prediction engines

I believed this for a moment.

Still not sure I don't.
ftfm
Old 08-26-2016, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice fucking try man. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

gildor is a field tech, he sees 5-10 a year that are absolutely sabotage.

It will all come out when I publish my article with Vice. Fuck JackFlash Tenlaar Thulack and anyone bitching about lack of updates. You think journalists just post little tidbits while they are writing a big story? Fuck you.

When I'm paid and have a part time position doing something I love, writing articles, we'll see who is the troll then grandma's basement boys.
Vice? Lol People actually consider stuff like that journalism? I could write stories about garbage too. Grats on doing something you like though. That is everyones goal in life to enjoy themselves. Some people just seem to be so worried with that others are doing they dont have time to enjoy their lives.
Last edited by Thulack; 08-26-2016 at 05:30 PM..
Old 08-26-2016, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jarnauga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Daywolf just locked me up in his bunker with dial-up!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"I'm sorry; the number you have reached is not in service, or temporarily disconnected. The number you have reached is not in service at this time. This is a recording."
Old 08-26-2016, 10:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vice? Lol People actually consider stuff like that journalism? I could write stories about garbage too. Grats on doing something you like though. That is everyones goal in life to enjoy themselves. Some people just seem to be so worried with that others are doing they dont have time to enjoy their lives.
Vice pulls in $1.5 billion annually. Yes, it's mainstream media. Started as a punk magazine. I'm sure you've had equal success with your hobbies.
Old 08-26-2016, 10:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
What exactly is L3. I understand it part of the internets, but which part? Where? How different from L1/L2 (am I irresponsible assuming they exist?) what about L4+, those exist?
I'm pretty sure we're talking about Level3, which is an enterprise ISP like Verizon, AT&T and Sprint. Not tcp layers:

https://www.ischool.utexas.edu/~l386...onnection.html
Closed Thread