Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2020, 08:34 AM
Planar Protector

I haven't played green, why can't you fear kite animals? Is that spell a later addition?
Old 03-13-2020, 11:20 AM
Sarnak

Velious spell
Old 03-16-2020, 01:28 PM
Kobold

i know this thread is old now but sola goblins at 40 are light/dark green and still give xp, and since the modifier is so massive the xp is still acceptable even on my monk with a 20% xp penalty, might be a problem geting singles though

still just group the majority of the time since its simply way better xp
Old 03-16-2020, 08:42 PM
Kobold

I’m the OP and had hit 50 a while ago. From other threads that I read (primarily Laratin’s) seems like the best solo options for rangers are:

40-45 HGs at rathe mountains
45+ Oggok guards

Soloing without harmony was a bit too much.
Old 03-16-2020, 09:12 PM
Kobold

in addition to rathe mts, there are hg's in east k, west k, sand giants in sro/oasis, and spectres in various places (which are easier by far than hill giants). griffons, including a 6 min spawn in a static point in east k, are also easier than hill giants.
It is insanely easy to solo on a level 40 ranger. a full mana bar, bow shots in between nukes, trotting backwards from a sowed critter, and then doing a meager amt of melee towards the 50-30% health mark of the critter, with a damage shield on yourself, no problem. random number generater screwing you even when the critter is at 30%? root and med, bowshot in between med tics.
Old 03-17-2020, 11:40 AM
Sarnak

HG were suggested back when I made the guide for best gains for your kills, spectres are lower hp than hg for sure, only issue with that is they are undead and your bow damage is like min 6 dmg every shot. They proc that stupid stun and can range life tap. If you got the mana around 45ish you can just dot and lightning strike em down. Ive been messing around recently looking for some other solo spots. Pretty limited on non casters if you don't want to kill guards. I'll let you guys know if I find something different since I'm skipping oggok guards this time around since I have a mask and they seem over camped. There is a rogue in lake rathe that can be soloed and I believe he's 37, hits kinda hard and seems a bit higher on resist. But bow lightning and dots do the trick. I just snared him since root seems to break way more and the island has limited room. Only downside is he doesn't drop anything, not even coin. He is an option though.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

You can solo lancers in the first room in Kedge until they stop giving XP (low to mid 40s?) Lull whatever you can see with Calm Animal (this one isn't like Harmony, it can and will resist, and even aggro), especially the piercer/impaler, and then pull a lancer to the zoneline. If more than one show up, root one and zone to split.

Ebony Bladed Swords are key here, so you can root-lock the lancer mana free in case you need to back off and heal. If you get into any trouble, the zoneline is right there.

Kind of mana intensive between Calm Animal, keeping EB up, etc.

I don't believe Kedge has the good ZEM on Green server (at least it doesn't seem like it), so probably not worth the hassle/tedium to solo... but you guys are talking about bowkiting shit -- in which case maybe you enjoy tedium so I thought I'd throw it out there... LOL

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 03-27-2020, 04:29 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenderizer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why are you trying to solo 40+ on the most inefficient solo class? I would suggest getting groups because its just as fast if not faster in most groups.
Cause of the stigma rangers got back in the day when no one understood XP penalties.

Choice 1... spend hours in LFG, paying for ports and finding out
1.your spot was taken enroute
2. the new guy won't group with hybrids
3. you already have a dru or war in the group

Choice 2... spend hours kiting high green, low blue mobs to try and catch up to your friends who will actually group with you?

-encopitt
Old 03-27-2020, 03:52 PM
Fire Giant

Don't solo, level up in groups...

Get planar, kunark then velious gear then continue grouping hehe
45 Dark Elf Wizard - Smurf PVP
41 Enchanter - Jeffery PVP
37 Iksar Monk - Buster PVP
26 Human Ranger - Kenny PVP
RED99
Old 04-09-2020, 02:48 PM
Sarnak

Default Solo spot

So I found an alright solo spot from like 40-44/45. Down the cooks hall in mistmoore, there is the 4 spawn gargs . Can Harmony and single em to that corner and it's a safe spot. They don't run because of proximity to other mobs, trains are minimal if non existent as long as noone is at servents. Main issues if the higher level ones hit kinda hard, the enchanter mob in noble room cast rune and j belive haste. One other mob can cast damage shield. Usually need to dispell before pulling till you get them broke. This is straight tank and spank spot. Easier gargs green out at 44, but still offer exp and eye money potential. I've moved on to specters and I'm about ready to finish 44.