Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2021, 02:04 AM
Planar Protector

lets be honest, daybreak probably doesn't want to call attention to p99 just to distance itself from these forums.
Old 06-07-2021, 03:48 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Amazon.com Mace sales would increase 5000% over night
macequest refs get me every time
Old 06-07-2021, 04:12 AM
Banned

ITT people have never heard of Nostalrius
Old 06-07-2021, 04:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
daybreak is in texas bro
They're actually celebrating Pride month, which annoys me. I like to log into a game to escape real-life. Why are they forcing Pride month in our face? And this is coming from a member of the LGBT.

I also find it obnoxious that their idea of celebrating Pride month is by giving people rainbow rabbit pets. Insinuating that all gay people are fruity is not only racist, it's inaccurate. If they really want to be allies of LGBT they will makes gender changes free. Literally every other pro-gay MMO has done this.
Old 06-07-2021, 04:21 AM
Orc

beta server is over, shoulda started on green long ago.
Old 06-07-2021, 04:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerMage [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
beta server is over, shoulda started on green long ago.
Did no one tell him he will be dumped into the real server after green is reset in a short while?
Old 06-07-2021, 08:12 AM
Kobold

blue players just cant let go of their L60 of every class top tier geared to actually play the game on green is all, deleting it would cause rage
Old 06-07-2021, 08:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So it’s not really hurting greens pop that much as I think there are few blue players who don’t play on green at all and even fewer new players who play blue over green.
*raises hand*

Played Green opening week, it was the best EQ i have experienced since 2000, but after the first week it lost all its appeal to me when the player base began to spread out, when we were no longer fighting over a single skeleton spawn.. nor were so many noobs on doing dumb funny stuff for me to laugh at.

The EC Griffin is still my EQ Hero.
Old 06-07-2021, 08:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by putrid_plum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
blue players just cant let go of their L60 of every class top tier geared to actually play the game on green is all, deleting it would cause rage
Sure, I would quit P99 all together. Played here since 2011. Takes me a very long time to get up there since I am not a power gamer or l33t raider (nor do I ever care to be).

Like my friend said years ago, "Eq is a lifestyle". P99 became sometime always on the backburner, always there. Like comfort food.

I am thankful at least some Windows era games are still around. I am not with the social media meme driven, multiplatform mediocrity found out there today.
Old 06-07-2021, 08:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lets be honest, daybreak probably doesn't want to call attention to p99 just to distance itself from these forums.
Aside from a few weird sexual inclinations found here that I also distanced myself from, I would distance myself from daybreak or Global Enad 7.

Those people are not making anything I find interesting. Also the American counter culture got screwed up via social media with all the other countries chipping in with their 2 bits.

I had a sense of pride walking into oldschool VHS stores and seeing labels like "banned in 46 countries!". That is America. Those people out there are not making anything interesting to me.