Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-15-2012, 10:42 PM
Banned

all joking aside if you plan on jumping on the server wait a couple days.

OFF TOPIC IF YOU HAVE AN EQMAC ACCOUNT YOU DO NOT USE PLEASE PM ME INFO SO I CAN TEST THE CLIENT ON WINDOWS THANKS
Old 02-15-2012, 11:02 PM
Aviak

this is a joke, right? or should i go post about this on those forums? c'mon man.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:15 PM
Banned

?
Old 02-15-2012, 11:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardNecro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why was PoT only recently broken into? I would imagine that with a fairly consistent population on EQMac, PoT would have been finished the same timeframe as other servers, and that everyone and their alts would be fully equipped in Quarm gear by now.
Tons of broken boss mobs that until recently were never fixed or required GM assistance to work.

Also, there really are no hardcore raid guilds on AK....Temerity is the guild that broke into time and they raid 2 - 3 days a week and with such a low population a lot of that time is spent back flagging new applicants (we dont not have the 85% rule, so every single person has to get every single flag before he/she has access to higher tiers...we are trying to get this to change soon with the addition of our new coder Hobart), and utilizing the times when you have the numbers for a tough PoP boss fight(Like someone previously mentioned, not only were some encounters broken, but were pre-nerf versions of PoP encounters most of us on EQPC never even saw).

All of us on EQmac would love to see a new guild show up that raids 5 nights a week or any casual player for that matter.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Found a workaround. Client seems kind of wonky but maybe that's because I need to change some settings, but downloading the browser client and then copying the files within the Resources folder it produces into my EQMac folder, THEN patching it with Secrets' patch has fixed this.
Hrmmm does this work on PC?
Old 02-16-2012, 12:40 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hrmmm does this work on PC?
Yes, that's the whole point.

Don't need to do any of that for mac.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:40 AM
Sarnak

so.. I DL'd client from launchpad. Moved contents of resource folder to c:/eqmac, then copied in secrets zip contents.. I ran EQW and got this...

http://imgur.com/YkEDv

also tried shortcutting egame patchme, and got same error. Anyone know what's up? tried it on both of my PCs and same result ><
Old 02-16-2012, 04:07 AM
Banned

Check your application logs but that looks super jacked.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:19 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tons of broken boss mobs that until recently were never fixed or required GM assistance to work.

Also, there really are no hardcore raid guilds on AK....Temerity is the guild that broke into time and they raid 2 - 3 days a week and with such a low population a lot of that time is spent back flagging new applicants (we dont not have the 85% rule, so every single person has to get every single flag before he/she has access to higher tiers...we are trying to get this to change soon with the addition of our new coder Hobart), and utilizing the times when you have the numbers for a tough PoP boss fight(Like someone previously mentioned, not only were some encounters broken, but were pre-nerf versions of PoP encounters most of us on EQPC never even saw).

All of us on EQmac would love to see a new guild show up that raids 5 nights a week or any casual player for that matter.
Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed explanation.

Would EQmac be free to play on for ex EQ players? My reading of Smed's post was that old players would be grandfathered into a silver account, but it's not clear to me if you can play EQmac on a silver account, or if you need gold.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:06 AM
VIP / Contributor

asaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Last edited by Secrets; 02-16-2012 at 11:56 AM..