Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

`It sucks that people aren't exploring Beta. One reason is because the bosses/Gods aren't there. TOV/Mischief isn't in yet at all. Many of the regular zone quests (and kills) there now can be done fairly quickly. It took me a few weeks to do what I wanted.`

I am not sure it sucks(well maybe) as much as being very predictable. Seems naiive assuming that players on p99 can afford the time to play test content VS do important RL stuff vs have fun on the reg server. I dont knwo the exact demograpics, but id bet that 60% of the server are 27-33 or older. eg Not not some bloated teenager sitting in mommys basement living their life in VR all day long. Now I know that many of us since 1999 have done this sometimeor another during our EQ addiction (in 2004 i played eq almost daily for 10months) But actually many of us have managed to control our habit and can set time limits.

this week ive rarely seen more than 10 in the beta. working as intended?

/endofwhine (for now)

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Old 04-01-2014, 04:53 PM
Kobold

I wouldn't want reward to play Beta as much as I would like direction... EQ savant I am not, so a little guidance as to what needs work would help... I actually look at server pop every time I log in and really wish I could help... Just don't know where to start...
Old 04-01-2014, 06:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddwin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldn't want reward to play Beta as much as I would like direction... EQ savant I am not, so a little guidance as to what needs work would help... I actually look at server pop every time I log in and really wish I could help... Just don't know where to start...
Just log in and check it out. Jump in the water. Cast some spells. Try to break the game. If you see something you know looks wrong, post in discussion. If you have historical proof, then post a Bug thread.

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Old 04-02-2014, 02:29 AM
Fire Giant

Started November and have a 50s char already ? That's pretty good going , i've been here since 2011 and only have a level 54 monk with 95 days played ha ha ha
Old 04-02-2014, 10:22 AM
Banned

Naw

We got bloated 27-40 year olds living with mom on here for sure
Old 04-02-2014, 10:29 AM
Sarnak

You just have to pick and choose the way you help. I hate soloing, so I nag my guild to do a friday night beta group every week instead. Am I living on the beta server? No. Am I doing something to help? Yes.
<Divinity>
Old 04-02-2014, 11:39 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Laugher

If you want Teams Velious must come first, consider a fresh start with a 50 cap possibly in the near future from Velious release your reward [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-03-2014, 01:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mouth chew [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
virtue is its own reward
OMG.... I never thought I would see this... from ... CHEWIE...

Dood.... .......................

lol

bwhahahahaha
Old 04-10-2014, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondeattk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a new player who joined p99 in nov, I cant afford the time to join the beta.

My main is low 50s and i generally have less than 1kpp to my name.

Any spare time cant be wasted on being a guinea pig. Quite frankly am being asked to work for nothing.

WOuld like to help out, but limited play time has to be spent on trying to move my main forward.

Theres no incentive for lowbie players to help out. SO imo dont complain about there being noone on beta. We just cant afford the time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Some people obnoxiousness surprises me to no end.
You play on a FREE server, which is run by people who TOO have RL issues, work, family, etc, and you want to be paid for helping them to give you free entertainment?

Please don't help. And don't play here neither.
K?Thx.Bye

[Zuranthium;1453395]
The people who invented the first space ships were brilliant. That doesn't mean anybody should actually want to use them 200 years later. Ideas are limited by means of execution. Everquest has amazing ideas that need to be completely reworked in their execution, in order for classic Everquest as it was envisioned to actually exist and continue to be relevant as things have evolved.
Closed Thread