Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwence [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1) if ventani is easier than yelinek it's coded wrong Ventani should be harder than LY by quite a bit, even Hraashna should be very tough since there will not be any resist boost from aa's or AE songs
I haven't done Sleeper's Tomb here, just going by my own memory from live. Always had a lot more difficulty with stuff like Yelinak and Vyemm. ST dragons were mostly about devising strategies to minimize the AEs. Ventani was one of the more difficult encounters, but it wasn't some "ultimate achievement" to clear ST. It was more like a side prize for farming enough keys.

That said, Yelinak might need some tuning but we haven't been back to mess with it recently. When we were testing it, it didn't really have melee "rounds" it was more like a rapid fire uzi of melee spam.
Last edited by Byrjun; 11-30-2014 at 10:50 AM..
Old 11-30-2014, 03:36 PM
Skeleton

AFAIK Gm's have said that waking the sleeper before anyone else has a chance to experience them and populate the world with their loot will be frowned upon... take that as you will.
Old 11-30-2014, 04:07 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to Menobank Send a message via Yahoo to Menobank

I remember doing ST on live when velious came out i hated when they woke sleeper as the wardens despawned and where not put back until SoL. And while the golems may still drop primal weapons. As it currently stands *well used to* that the trash has a chance to drop them as well as the other bosses.
Last edited by Menobank; 11-30-2014 at 06:52 PM..
Old 11-30-2014, 05:51 PM
Skeleton

Bosses always have 1 primal weapon on the loot table, all trash has a chance to drop exquisite and higher
Old 11-30-2014, 07:13 PM
Large Rat

If this were to happen, would it have to be permanent? I thought devs could do anything they wanted on this server - including resetting him if some group of neckbeards tried to screw over the rest of us forevermore.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:24 PM
Large Rat

If this were to happen - why would it have to be forever? Couldn't Rogean+company just reset it after the fact, and smack the peepee of whatever guild(s) did it?
Old 11-30-2014, 10:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There were quests and new warders with different loot but pretty sure they weren't released during velious.
revamped sleeper was launcher at luclin expansion in stormhammer server not sure if it was very late 2002 or early 2003 when it went normal servers.
Old 12-01-2014, 12:54 AM
Planar Protector

Somewhere around October 1st 2002. Ancient loot is still pretty good.
Old 12-01-2014, 02:22 AM
Large Rat

I think the main point that has the most relevance to me, and I would believe the vast majority of the server, is that once he is awoken, primal weapon drops slow to a trickle. A trickle that will likely be monopolized by the same people who woke him to begin with. If there was ever a definition of a dick move, this is it, in big bold red ten-foot high neon letters. Popping him, and attempting to take him down, could be a truely awesome event, and something that would make a great trophy for the case of the uber elites - as long as the horrendous downside could be corrected after the fact. Maybe make him fightable - but zone resets 24 hours later, and the guilds that awoke him are banned from ST for a couple weeks to prevent a repeat.

Awakening him, and screwing the server over forevermore, should (rightfully) destroy the guild/people involve in doing it. I would give zero tolerance, banning all accounts involved in it, forever. Permanently disbanding all guilds who had a member present.

I think all of this could be fixed with a few judicious lines of code - either do no allow the sleeper to be awoken at all, or, make the warders still spawn anyway, after the general nastiness has concluded. Not classic, but allows some guild the chance at mutual pixel masturbation and bragging rights, and at same time doesn't screw over the other 98% of the server.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

This will just be an inevitable product of being slaves to the silly `classic` mantra.

p99 paradox in a nutshell.

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Closed Thread