Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 01:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This.
Any early thoughts on what likely needs to change with this encounter Big H

Prayin 2 god u aint out in Tanaris collecting buzzard beaks and shit
Old 03-18-2015, 03:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any early thoughts on what likely needs to change with this encounter Big H

Prayin 2 god u aint out in Tanaris collecting buzzard beaks and shit
Only saw one thing I can come out and directly and saw since I was AOW killed right at Luclin and on beta:

AC too low, rogues were consistently hitting for 80/90s on beta.

On Live, even with primal weps and epics, rogues weren't hitting that high. The DPS was SHIT.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:15 PM
Banned

Feels like all NPCs have the same AC here anyways tbqh
Old 03-18-2015, 05:02 PM
Fire Giant

Hes getting Zerged on day 1. Think about how much VP gear and sky gear is out there. Throw in all the players that are gonna come back. Anyway does BoC still have proc or they remove it?
Old 03-19-2015, 09:57 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_jon3s [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hes getting Zerged on day 1. Think about how much VP gear and sky gear is out there. Throw in all the players that are gonna come back. Anyway does BoC still have proc or they remove it?
VP and Sky gear shouldn't mean shit for Avatar of War

Obv something is wrong if he was killed already

AC/ATK probably needs to be revisited again for both PC's and NPC's

Honestly, KT/Dain/ST Key/ToV Dragons shouldn't be dying

Should do a test on King Tormax with and without Avatar -- This would probably reveal the underlying problems and how to go about fixing them so everything isn't destroyed on day one of Velious
Old 03-19-2015, 10:20 AM
Planar Protector

You guys have some seriously rose colored glasses about player knowledge/skill/average gear, even in the top raid guilds, in December 2000.

Every single thing in Velious should easily be able to die day one. What, you really think an extra +25 sv all and 250 hp/mana and maybe ~5-10% better dps from weapons, that people in top guilds had 6 months in vs day one would make a difference vs knowledge/more people/no lag?

We have years of people farming VP. The top classic guilds had cleared it maybe 3-4x. Everyone has an epic now. Back then, top guilds still had posts about people getting epics months into Velious. AoW is only hard if your tanks can't survive high damage rounds and your clerics are too laggy/disorganized to get off timely CHs. Otherwise it's cake and would have been back then too.
Last edited by koros; 03-19-2015 at 10:23 AM..
Old 03-19-2015, 10:41 AM
Banned

We had CH rotations and tanks wearing full Warlord and would get dropped by Yelinak at times on live

I'm totally on board with AoW/Tunare being a perfect reason for mob ac / damage getting a revisit

Then again, we DID have 130 people including tons of ragebringer'd rogues. I saw the tanks get absolutely f'ing pancaked even during defensive, I think only 1 survived his whole disc.

bur kek etc
Old 03-19-2015, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We had CH rotations and tanks wearing full Warlord and would get dropped by Yelinak at times on live

I'm totally on board with AoW/Tunare being a perfect reason for mob ac / damage getting a revisit

Then again, we DID have 130 people including tons of ragebringer'd rogues. I saw the tanks get absolutely f'ing pancaked even during defensive, I think only 1 survived his whole disc.

bur kek etc
Your clerics were lagging, or had a shitty CH chain... Yelinak hit for 100 DB, 25 DI it looks like. He did a max 350 a hit to a defensive warrior. The math doesn't lie. Ch chains aren't perfect and you're bound to get warriors dropping. Sometimes. But let's not pretend that there's something wrong with every single one of these mobs being killable with < 72 on day one. If they want to tune them to have just insane atk/ac go ahead, but let's not pretend it's classic.

Mobs didn't have insane AC until Luclin, and even then I was doing 60-80 dps to Arch Lich first few weeks of the expansion as a rogue.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
It doesnt matter, it was done with full kunark gear on fresh beta copies, no clickies, no velious spells/buffs, no boxing, no joint raids with others, no visitors and no help what so ever. With a new guild who has never raided together.

To me 47% looked absolutely fantastic with that in mind, a legitimate first day 47% possible is testament to the best team of clerics I've ever played with.
Something might be wrong
Old 03-22-2015, 12:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The bigger issue is people actually killing AoW.
With 160 epic'd people getting AOE rezzed by GMs.

Thats an issue? That Beta test was a wipe at 50%.