Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2019, 01:17 PM
Banned

on green your raid role will be to just port people around to targets, sow, and then log off to your main cleric or rogue

you will mostly just power lvl gulid alts, and the above

after lvl 44 in classic druids just fall off hard

you will be somewhat viable in a year but not by much, druid isn't really a "main" class to play in a raid environment. You are a 3rd class citizen in your guild during raid time, play something else if you wanna feel like you contribute
Old 12-02-2019, 03:32 PM
Sarnak

you raid DPS with a charmed pet with savage spirit and nukes.
you heal when you see someone getting hit by a monster.
you cast skin like nature, the best hp/ac buff currently in the game.
you teleport, evacuate, and invis pullers.
you yourself pull with harmony
you cast spirit of wolf.

or you can just fucking sit there and pretend there is 'nothing to do' like some other people in this thread believe 'cause they're as dumb as a bag of rocks and think you're supposed to power level other people's alts

hahahahahaha what the fuck is that? what a stupid thing to say

"... I don't think I remember him digging for this long..."

The A-Team

twitch.tv/crexxus
Last edited by Waedawen; 12-02-2019 at 03:51 PM..
Old 12-02-2019, 09:22 PM
Sarnak

Roles for druids on raids are usually just buffing and spot healing. Most of the time your nukes get resisted by raid mobs so I learned a long time ago that it's just a waste of mana. Heals and buffs on the other hand can not get resisted.

It's kind of boring playing a Druid on raids but then again so is playing a Cleric. You stare at wall and cast CH over and over. One of these days I am going to level up a monk or rogue or something where I can really get in on the action at a raid.
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 12-02-2019, 10:01 PM
Planar Protector

Is skin like nature better than aego somehow
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 12-07-2019, 02:10 PM
Sarnak

yes. resolution is 250 hp 16 ac. skin like nature is 250 hp 16 ac and +2 regeneration. AND it lasts about 10 minutes longer. it is strictly better.

look at spell data. always read the fine print.

"... I don't think I remember him digging for this long..."

The A-Team

twitch.tv/crexxus
Old 12-07-2019, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is skin like nature better than aego somehow
Petros is probably talking about green and teal.
Old 12-07-2019, 03:46 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceMillis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello! Complete and total noob here. I leveled a Cleric in Blue to around 50~ thats about it.

I am currently leveling a Druid on Green and can't seem to find a good Druid Classic Raid Guide out there. Anyone knowledgeable on the specifics of Druids in Classic raids out there?

Thanks for your time!
Bruce
Mobilising a raid force quickly is very important, and druids do it best. Tracking raid targets will be part of your job. Play the game as you would, and camp out at a safe spot in range of a popular raid target that's in its window to spawn. Log in once in a while and track a few times just to check what's up. You will probably be one of the people with the ability to signal the batphone and get everyone logged in. Druids/rangers will often take shifts to track during open windows for raid targets and your guild will award you with points during the time spent tracking.

Druids enjoy plane of fear raids. POF is a wide open zone with plenty of places to invis and camp if things get bad. You will see druids do everything from buffing and healing, to charming pets and crowd control. Breaking into POF can be tricky and druids can kite the big train while the rest of the guild pull off of it.
Old 12-07-2019, 05:00 PM
Planar Protector

Ports are definitely important. Keeping chloro on everyone, spot healing the non-main assist/tank, resist spells on all, and thorns on the tanks should keep you busy though.

In general the rule is “best spell = person who buffs...in the DS example: mages. That said, some people slack. As a ranger when grouped with a Druid I’m always trying to DS the tank. Most the time my spell lands. It sucks compared to the optimal one but if that person isn’t putting forth the effort anything is better than nothing.

Just always look for ways to help. Kite and park adds and in general try to keep people alive. I get why druids want to DPS but their toolbox is so vast they probably can be more helpful when not burning down bosses.
Closed Thread