Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2019, 06:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morratiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always find it so funny how unwilling both sides always are to compromise in these situations. Literally every time its either "you get fucked" or "I get fucked"
Its how the p99 badlands operate, wasteland rules!

But seriously I usually have no problem doing a fair compromise but sometimes you get a fedora mafia who won’t practice basic social skills.
Old 12-21-2019, 09:11 AM
Planar Protector

Conclusion:
-OP was kinda rude but was following the rules. Camp was open if the other dude logged.
-Other Dude seemed like he was probably genuinely trying to help a friend with an xfer, and figured it would be nbd as long as he returned before his mob spawned. He was wrong though since as soon as he logged out he forfeit the camp.

Tldr: you cant log out and expect to hold a camp. No matter what.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 12-21-2019, 01:50 PM
Fire Giant

Wow, I feel like this thread got away from me.

I clearly stated I was trolling this guy...I did not touch the mob when it spawned. I think people who think they have a right to something because they log off or leave, are pretty ridiculous. Again, his reactions made me want to post this here.
Old 12-21-2019, 01:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by reznor_ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I clearly stated I was trolling this guy
I mean I clearly stated it to you people here, not to him obviously [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-21-2019, 03:33 PM
Fire Giant

dude needs to know the rule, and come back humble hoping to continue the camp, not act like he deserves it. as long as you log off LD/camp whatever reason, camp is open.
Old 12-21-2019, 04:19 PM
Sarnak

if you log out to transfer, you lose camp.. EQ 101.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:19 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reznor is the dickhead in this case. If you're going to different camps trying to hold multiple then that's different. But obviously he was just logged out for a sec because he killed it last.
Is not lguk like 20+ respawn? He coulda been gone 1 min or 20 mins. He also could just been lying. Perhaps he got the drop on 1 toon and had another toon parked there which he swapped to in order to resume camp.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:21 AM
Kobold

I am happy we got this rule on P99 if you zone out forwhatever reason its forfeit if someone else there when you get back.

It made me loose camps myself. First you get pissed but you know you risked camp by swapping anf its a fair rule.

What does suck is going ld and loosing a camp.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by saftbudet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am happy we got this rule on P99 if you zone out forwhatever reason its forfeit if someone else there when you get back.

It made me loose camps myself. First you get pissed but you know you risked camp by swapping anf its a fair rule.

What does suck is going ld and loosing a camp.
That rule is dumb as fuck. Not only does it fuck people over who legitimately went LD, but it encourages training a variety of similar things to get the other person out of the camp.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you log out to transfer, you lose camp.. EQ 101.
indisputable too. log out? lost. die? lost. go afk and miss spawn cycle(s)? lost.

sucks, but thats the deal.
Closed Thread