Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2020, 12:11 PM
Fire Giant

Items went up and they also went down...... They went up over the last 2 months in general on green. They went down for Teal players in the merger in some cases.

Example: I farmed 3 reed belts before I was 50. Like 3.5-4.5 weeks into launch. I sold one for 1.5k , one for 2k and one for 2.5k , all to level 50 druids and each one went up in value due to available plat those players had and not that many things to spend it on.

Reed belt now is 4.5k to 5.5k easy. From what the Teal players I talked to tell me it was like 8k on teal. More people camped it on green so supply was higher but more people will spend a shit ton on it due to having 10s of thousands in the bank three months in.

I'm sure this is similar for all items.
Old 01-22-2020, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Items went up and they also went down...... They went up over the last 2 months in general on green. They went down for Teal players in the merger in some cases.

Example: I farmed 3 reed belts before I was 50. Like 3.5-4.5 weeks into launch. I sold one for 1.5k , one for 2k and one for 2.5k , all to level 50 druids and each one went up in value due to available plat those players had and not that many things to spend it on.

Reed belt now is 4.5k to 5.5k easy. From what the Teal players I talked to tell me it was like 8k on teal. More people camped it on green so supply was higher but more people will spend a shit ton on it due to having 10s of thousands in the bank three months in.

I'm sure this is similar for all items.

The reality is people are hoping their items are worth more with the sudden merge.

It's worth a shot, all theyre doing is typing out a higher price and hoping.

More power to them, but the real power is with the consumer.
Old 01-22-2020, 01:26 PM
Aviak

I could not help but LOL at the guy trying to sell dwarven work boots for 1.2k
Old 01-22-2020, 01:37 PM
Sarnak

You know what kind of boggles my mind, and I'm being serious here - trying to imagine what it would be like if the people who waste their lives completely obsessed over accruing fake video game currency and pixels in an emulator of a 21-year-old game instead of being neets in their parents basement put that same energy and zeal towards acquiring actually useful real world currency.

Sure, it's not as easy to get real world currency but you can spend it on such better things. Most equipment in EQ isn't even noticeable. Reed belts? 5 wis, 10 hp, 6 AC? Like that's really going to do jack shit? Like most items, can't even see it on your character. You would need a LOT more than that to even cast one more spell and ONLY in the situation where you're going from FM to OOM. You would need a lot more than that to even survive a SINGLE more hit. Or what else do people waste ridiculous amount of pp on? Gonna drop tens and tens of thousands of plat on an FBSS and a bunch of other haste items so instead of being 1/10th the DPS of a charmed pet you can be 1/9th of one? When I see someone with a flaming sword sitting AFK in the EC am I admiring them? Not really, I'm wondering when the last time they went outside or took a shower was.

Our world is nonsensical [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-22-2020, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDerisgreat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I could not help but LOL at the guy trying to sell dwarven work boots for 1.2k
What a weird thing to laugh at. That's the regular asking price for the last month.
Old 01-22-2020, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know what kind of boggles my mind, and I'm being serious here - trying to imagine what it would be like if the people who waste their lives completely obsessed over accruing fake video game currency and pixels in an emulator of a 21-year-old game instead of being neets in their parents basement put that same energy and zeal towards acquiring actually useful real world currency.

Sure, it's not as easy to get real world currency but you can spend it on such better things. Most equipment in EQ isn't even noticeable. Reed belts? 5 wis, 10 hp, 6 AC? Like that's really going to do jack shit? Like most items, can't even see it on your character. You would need a LOT more than that to even cast one more spell and ONLY in the situation where you're going from FM to OOM. You would need a lot more than that to even survive a SINGLE more hit. Or what else do people waste ridiculous amount of pp on? Gonna drop tens and tens of thousands of plat on an FBSS and a bunch of other haste items so instead of being 1/10th the DPS of a charmed pet you can be 1/9th of one? When I see someone with a flaming sword sitting AFK in the EC am I admiring them? No, I'm wondering when the last time they went outside or took a shower was.

Our world is nonsensical [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Truly, you have found the answer to the meaning of life. Where has this wisdom been over the past thousands of years? Why have almost all of us been pointlessly pursuing our individual interests instead of the interests that some other, random person thinks we should pursue instead? OH GOD, ALL THE WASTED TIME!!!!
Old 01-22-2020, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sure, it's not as easy to get real world currency but you can spend it on such better things. Most equipment in EQ isn't even noticeable. Reed belts? 5 wis, 10 hp, 6 AC? Like that's really going to do jack shit? Like most items, can't even see it on your character. You would need a LOT more than that to even cast one more spell and ONLY in the situation where you're going from FM to OOM. You would need a lot more than that to even survive a SINGLE more hit. Or what else do people waste ridiculous amount of pp on? Gonna drop tens and tens of thousands of plat on an FBSS and a bunch of other haste items so instead of being 1/10th the DPS of a charmed pet you can be 1/9th of one? When I see someone with a flaming sword sitting AFK in the EC am I admiring them? Not really, I'm wondering when the last time they went outside or took a shower was.

hah 5 wis 10 hp on a belt is actually insane

get a load of this guy
Old 01-22-2020, 02:01 PM
Fire Giant

Reed Belt really isn't a great item for 5k but people are willing to pay a "BiS Tax." Also Druids have made a killing on ports and they do have some money to throw around. 5wis 6ac and 10hp is nowhere near worth 5k lol.

The one glaring factor that even the economics degree holders fail to mention is -inflation-

Platinum is decreasing in value by the second. These items are becoming increasingly abundant by the day. The economy as it stands is basically trading item-for-item at the top end (FBSS 20k, Mith 2 Hander 20k, Rubi BP 20k) and everything else is essentially junk. If you make 5k extra off a top item sale, that 5k will only buy you what is essentially "junk" and will inevitably crash in value (jewelry and not very rare droppables) That extra 5k isn't enough to get you another "good" item.

There are SO many more Rubi BPs farmed on this server than on Blue. The number of them has just doubled. They don't even sell for 20k. Monks can't even wear it. Fungi will render it completely obsolete. So let's say in November they sell for 50k (they won't) Even if you could get 50k in November....does that 50k have more buying power than 20k today? You could buy a whole Rubi set on Blue for 50k in 2012 plat.

You could buy a Manastone for around 250k in 2013 plat on Blue. There are TONS of them on this server today. I know at least one has sold for 60k. Everybody is holding out for essentially nothing. "250k" will buy you another top item....or more junk than you'd possibly know what to do with. Account sales are now banned so that's not an option like it once was.

People farm Fungis, they wanna trade Fungi for Manastone (even though manastone doesn't work outside old world). It could sell for "100k" or "200k" it doesn't matter. Without invis pull and the fact that people need levels and keys to farm Spore King it will be quite some time before Fungi is permafarmed. Here's the whole thing --- ~~~~~~~~manastone isn't even rare~~~~~~~~

It will always be top item for top item, everything else is junk. Platinum will inflate, item prices will rise but they wont outpace inflation. "Holding out" or trying to control the market is ridiculous, there's far too many of the items out there and far too much coin out there.

The only real price control going on is guild members of ~~~~~~~~~~~ rAiD gUiLdS~~~~~~~~~~~ price gouging their own guildies and everybody else sadly has to pay the price.

<The A-Team>
Last edited by Tuljin; 01-22-2020 at 02:07 PM..
Old 01-22-2020, 02:07 PM
Banned

Quote:

It's always made me SMH, the never-ending amount of hypocrisy from people who play the game and then chastise other people for doing the same.
Old 01-22-2020, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktoor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's always made me SMH, the never-ending amount of hypocrisy from people who play the game and then chastise other people for doing the same.
Lol
Closed Thread