Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 05:13 PM
Fire Giant

Default Has it been everything you've dreamed?

The question is simple: Has green been everything you thought it would be? Is it more? Is it less? Is it fulfilling or creating a bigger void?

I would love to hear. For me - it's been perfect!
Old 10-31-2019, 05:23 PM
Fire Giant

Made it to level 20 and got too bored to continue. The server itself is fine, I just thought my appetite for EQ was bigger than it turned out to be. The game is so mechanically primitive that it just isn't fun to play on a micro level. I can enjoy EQ when I can box so there's actually shit to do, but playing a single character is just too uneventful for me. That shit was fine around the turn of the millennium, but it doesn't hold up anymore. The knowledge that the endgame content will be 100% monopolized forever doesn't help, either.

On top of that, the anti-QoL features that were reinstated (book-medding, no tab-cycling, etc.) just made the gameplay even more tedious. These things simply make the game worse and have no redeeming qualities, so while I would never ask to have them removed, I will refrain from playing when they're there. They turned it into a game that I don't want to play, so I don't. It's just too much of a constant nuisance. The "true spirit of classic" isn't to my liking, for the same reason that I don't want to ride a horse to work.

In 1999, the game was innovative and had the magic of discovery. Those things are now gone, but with all the obstacles and tedium put back in, it just isn't a very good game twenty years later. It was briefly entertaining to see the old world again, but the endless hours of auto-attacking and frantically trying to click on the elbow of the right mob just wasn't fun for more than a week. It was fine when I was 14 and nothing better existed. Now I'm 34 and there's about 500 games I'd rather play.
Last edited by greatdane; 10-31-2019 at 05:40 PM..
Old 10-31-2019, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

level 25+,. but something else rings true...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the forumquest has been
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-01-2019, 04:56 AM
Kobold

I didn't expect Green to mirror the original EQ as much as it does. I'm surprised actually. Zoning into Crushbone right into a train and dying instantly is exactly what happened to me in 2000 when I first played Everquest...Green did not disappoint. I think having so many people in the world is the real difference. the unwritten social mechanics were a big part of the EQ experience. Guilds mattered, your reputation mattered, effort mattered, these things all involve people.
Old 11-01-2019, 05:30 AM
Fire Giant

never got to play classic. as primitive as it is, it's kind of cool to start a new server and see how the economy and playerbase ends up.

the Salt King <Ironborn>
Old 11-01-2019, 06:33 AM
Planar Protector

It is everything I dreamed it would be. However, I am the type of person that gets brought down by the actions and emotions of others and there are a lot of miserable people out there due to classes not taking a hybrid due to the experience penalty or people getting frustrated because they can't find a spawn due to the overpopulation of the server.
Old 11-01-2019, 06:40 AM
Sarnak

Loving green, and this is coming from a very salty mage.
Old 11-01-2019, 06:44 AM
Planar Protector

It's great. Lots of players in lots of groups at lots of cool camps. Everyone excited about cracked staves and patchwork and banded. Slowly progressing through the levels and growing in power along the way while visiting all the old places I remember playing in classic and on blue.
Old 11-01-2019, 08:00 AM
Aviak

It's really fun playing through the game as it was meant to be played. The highs are really high, and the lows are really low. Group exp really sucks though, so I've been sticking to mostly duo's and trio's.
Old 11-01-2019, 08:19 AM
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the forumquest has been
Closed Thread