Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2019, 05:38 AM
Sarnak

As most said, you're best melee'ing with some DoT damage support at your level. Once you hit 19 you get Affliction and Infectious Cloud. Pick up both. You can start Root/Rotting once you have these- Cast IC at a distance so you don't hit yourself with it, then stack the other 2 (TB and Affliction) and you'll finally have decent dps for root/rotting. I did a couple levels in Lavastorm at the Najena zoneline but other places work too.

Things obviously get much better at 24.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 12-18-2019, 12:08 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As most said, you're best melee'ing with some DoT damage support at your level. Once you hit 19 you get Affliction and Infectious Cloud. Pick up both. You can start Root/Rotting once you have these- Cast IC at a distance so you don't hit yourself with it, then stack the other 2 (TB and Affliction) and you'll finally have decent dps for root/rotting. I did a couple levels in Lavastorm at the Najena zoneline but other places work too.

Things obviously get much better at 24.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berendar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What level are you?

Edit: Ah 16 OK well I've found that the melee miss rates for Shaman on Green, for whatever reason, seem higher than blue (although this could just be the effect of everything feeling harder as we are not twinked). I used to melee on all my Shaman on blue even into the 50's but have found root/rotting to be more efficient, even with the low level DOT's. I even bought a Combine weapon and have hardly used it.

At your level the Karana's are your playground unless you want to group in dungeons. East Karana for the gorge hounds, gnolls, dark stalkers, war hounds, griffawns etc. Then you could move onto Crag Spiders. Also North Karana is good for the beetles such as borer etc.

Hang with it til 24 as your gameplay changes a lot when you get Cannibalise.
Thank you everyone for all the great advice. I'll hang around in EC until I find a weapon and then head out to, probably one of the Karana's, and start following some of this advice.
Old 12-18-2019, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

From 20-40 bouncing between Unrest and Mistmoore is what I did - great XP camps for literally that entire level range in both zones. If one doesn't have room, run to the other

Unrest basement seemed almost better XP than MM CE in the mid 30s
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 12-21-2019, 01:33 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Can quad beetles in NK with IC. Not sure it's any faster but it is safer and more relaxing. Round up 4 blues, cast IC, run ahead enough to med for a couple of tics. Pretty much back to full mana by the time IC wears off. Kite around the edge of the zone.
Closed Thread