Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2020, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamal2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i say that cuz the concept behind changing the list items droprate...at the end of the day that can only boil down to someone not wanting everyone to have it rather than "classic"

if something is classic, and you make it unclassic...there has to be a reason...and honestly what is the only reason to change it besides wanting to control the item count/not wanting others to have em?

i have my list items idc, the concept still remains unless im missing something
For someone who "has their list items and doesn't care" you sure seem to care a lot.
Old 01-21-2020, 01:03 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thank you Domisk. A simple copy and paste. No hassle. Thank you for being amazing.
Old 01-21-2020, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody is gonna actually go anywhere else and you're a fool if you think they will
Really? Because it's already happening. Saw two groups in Highpass last night, for example, which has been dead for awhile. Saw full groups in the Karanas killing bandits, which had been only duos or soloers for weeks now. Saw a group or two in Permafrost when it's been totally dead pre-merge. Saw Befallen way more populated than it has been in the past few weeks as well.

Also, pre-merge we saw this same thing. People grouping all over the place outside the high ZEM dungeons. People camping dervs in Ro, grouping to kill Centaurs in SK, hitting up Runnyeye, etc. etc.
Old 01-21-2020, 01:35 PM
Fire Giant

People crying cos no longer getting easy pixels
Cry moar dudez lol
Old 01-21-2020, 01:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanuvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol its simple really, there was never meant to be another server, never meant to be a "instance" for you to farm legacy items freely, classic eq is waiting in line for the best items so if you wanted free farming you should be paying a monthly subscription to daybreak games for retail

teal was simply a temporary congestion server, im surprised it lasted aslong as it did tbh
It seems like a lot of folks that went to Teal weren't treating it like that. We were all told it was going to be a temporary solution to alleviate congestion until the launch rush subsided. The launch rush has subsided. Maybe it would have helped if Rogean or someone had posted target numbers for re-merge? A lot of folks obviously have an idea as to what constitutes a full server that is in conflict with the admins and the rest of us.

I feel like there was a general feeling on Teal that Green is/was this horrible, uber-toxic train wreck, which was never the case. If anything the Teal folks on this forum are far more guilty of jackassy, elitist behavior than those from Green (poopsocker!), so there's a bit of projection there.

Teal is gone. It's all one server now. People need to figure out how to get along and compete with everyone else.
Old 01-21-2020, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordpazuzu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It seems like a lot of folks that went to Teal weren't treating it like that. We were all told it was going to be a temporary solution to alleviate congestion until the launch rush subsided. The launch rush has subsided. Maybe it would have helped if Rogean or someone had posted target numbers for re-merge? A lot of folks obviously have an idea as to what constitutes a full server that is in conflict with the admins and the rest of us.

I feel like there was a general feeling on Teal that Green is/was this horrible, uber-toxic train wreck, which was never the case. If anything the Teal folks on this forum are far more guilty of jackassy, elitist behavior than those from Green (poopsocker!), so there's a bit of projection there.

Teal is gone. It's all one server now. People need to figure out how to get along and compete with everyone else.
I think people misunderstood the whole congestion rationale and assumed that meant basically everywhere in the game, in particular the most popular spots. The congestion issue Teal was created to alleviate was when everyone was the same level early on such that you had level 2 characters camping single mob spawn points. Teal was created when the server was averaging 2k+ at prime time. We are nowhere even close to that now.

Teal was not created so that you can waltz into Unrest, Guk, Mistmoore, etc. and find an immediate group. Or so that you can plop your solo character down at the most lucrative camps in the game whenever you want.

The primary congestion issues no longer exist. Sorry that people are upset they can't group immediately in the ZEM highway zones or that their favorite and well-known plat camping spots are being taken by other players, but this isn't an instanced version of EQ and that's not why they had created Teal.
Old 01-21-2020, 03:28 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People crying cos no longer getting easy pixels
Cry moar dudez lol
Most people saying this are likely ultra casual and are still level 30 or have no intention on playing end game.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiingpin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All the goals the children set involve waiting in line for legacy items which got harder now since they are mad

the 2 new servers didnt attract any new players, just made the existing ones want literally the same overcamped items and they all went to exp in the same overcrowded zones.
Yup
Old 01-22-2020, 12:45 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Out of the hundreds of people playing this game right now, I think it is a small percentage of peeps complaining about how hard life is in this game. Of course I found this game again only about a month ago. I thought Teal was permanent and was surprised when I found myself unable to log on and Teal was gone. My fault for not reading back in time. I play for nostalgia and because it's difficult. The small percentage that want it easier or "more fair" ruined it back in the day and would ruin it now for the majority if these amazing server managers just gave in to every complaint. Hey, I appreciate what is being provided and the intent. Take a breath and enjoy the game and keep it in prospective, it's free and there's plenty of other games to play if you don't like this one. Just MHO.
Closed Thread