Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2020, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

I really want to read all of that but I can't. OP is there a TLDR summary? (asking that serious, not sarcastically)

I saw a couple of points that confused me. What spawn rates are you talking about? The faster spawn rates were only in place for a couple of days when the server launched because you had like 600 people in GFay for example (which never occurred on live) and it was unsustainable. The spawn rates are now back to normal and are what they were back in 1999.

Don't punish KSers or trainers? What are you talking about that's classic EQ? No it's not. There was a period of several months post-launch in 1999 when there wasn't anything like a Play Nice Policy/official rules...and that's only because we (speaking as someone who was part of the CSR at the time) had no idea that these types of things would go on. Remember, MMOs were new...we didn't even conceive that trains were things that players would create to abuse the mechanics and grief other players; we didn't think about kill stealing and that being a problem because we didn't realize how big jerks people could be on the Internet. That being said, GMs were still punishing people for these things on some servers, it just depended on the GM and the server. Things moved quickly from there to address these issues and apply uniform standards so that GMs were giving consistent rulings and punishments...thus the new rules were born and therefore absolutely existed beginning at some point in the classic era. Sorry to burst your bubble on that one.
Old 01-22-2020, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

For those who didn't notice, the post is a cut-and-paste of https://www.project1999.com/forums/s....php?t=337580& which was posted last fall.

Danth
Old 01-22-2020, 12:42 PM
Banned

thank you danth!
Old 01-22-2020, 01:11 PM
Kobold

this is my original post and is copy-writed, please dont libel me danth okay
Old 01-22-2020, 01:15 PM
Kobold

Not insane enough to be OP
Old 01-22-2020, 01:18 PM
Sarnak

Holy shit... Leeroy Jenkins was a wow thing, not eq.

This was a 10,000 word post of lies.
Old 01-22-2020, 01:21 PM
Sarnak

This post is Crap out of 10.
Old 01-22-2020, 02:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhairava [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, we were the original players. The first. I didn't do everything, but I did quite a bit. Friend of mine was the first to assemble the staff of the wheel. Friend of mine was the first to loot a weight reducing bag in high hold pass. Friend of mine was the first to get married in the game. Rival guild was the first to slay Lady Voxx. The first player to be pvp'ed was down the street from me. First person to kill the POD was in my guild. First person to make a guild I knew. First person to find the bone bladed claymore..

Etc.

We were original EQ, you are the guys wishing you were us.

Sorry)
One of the most pathetic things I’ve ever read.
Old 01-22-2020, 02:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For those who didn't notice, the post is a cut-and-paste of https://www.project1999.com/forums/s....php?t=337580& which was posted last fall.

Danth
Holy shit, epic find lol. Time to change your forum name again OP!
Old 01-22-2020, 02:19 PM
Banned

Question

Who lwt the simpleton outta the asylum? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread