Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 10:40 AM
Banned

There is a special place in Elf Hell for those that lawyerquest someone out of a camp for a brief LD in between a spawn timer.
Old 05-19-2019, 10:59 AM
Banned

The rules state you must have a physical presence at a camp if challenged. If you’re off line, it’s impossible to have a physical presence.
Old 05-19-2019, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is a special place in Elf Hell for those that lawyerquest someone out of a camp for a brief LD in between a spawn timer.
The problem isn't just the guy that refuses to give back the camps...

There are people who lie about an LD in order to talk someone else out of the camp. Unfortunately, I think there are actually more of these ppl than lawyers on the server.
Old 05-19-2019, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Killing the PH isn't the only requirement to "hold" a camp. You also have to be in the zone, you have to be reasonably nearby.
As Teppler noted, that's actually not true. It only applies:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if challenged.
So yeah if you're doing several spawns, and someone shows up and wants to share, you have to stay near the one spawn point you want to keep. But until that point you can kill mob A, run all the way to the other end of the zone, kill mobs B, C, and D, stop at some vendors, visit the bank, maybe get some buffs ... and as long as you get back to mob A's spawn point before A spawns, it's still your's.

From the latest revision of the Play Nice Policy ... which, BTW, I'm working on a more "fun" version of in the wiki (in hopes of getting a greater percentage of the server to read it) and would welcome any suggestions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Nice Policy
In general, if the placeholder or placeholders for a spawn are being killed, that 'camp' can be considered held by the player doing the killing so long as they are keeping the placeholders (or the room if there are no placeholders) cleared, within the same zone, do not die or log off. You do not necessarily need to be at the spawn point to call it 'claimed' while it is uncontested, however, if someone else wishes to contest the 'camp' you do need to return to the 'camp' and maintain a presence at or very near the spawn(s) in order to hold it.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-19-2019 at 11:16 AM..
Old 05-19-2019, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As Teppler noted, that's actually not true. It only applies:
What I said is true...obviously, you never lose a camp to someone else unless there is another player that wants it.

I do see what you are saying, that the mere act of running across the zone doesn't cause you to lose the camp unless someone wants to challenge it from you...in which case you get to pick (not lose it automatically).
Old 05-19-2019, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What I said is true...obviously, you never lose a camp to someone else unless there is another player that wants it.

I do see what you are saying, that the mere act of running across the zone doesn't cause you to lose the camp unless someone wants to challenge it from you...in which case you get to pick (not lose it automatically).
Exactly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Before anyone has challenged you, there is no obligation to sit around waiting at the camp for a mob to respawn. The only obligation is that you make it back before respawn (and not even technically that; technically it's "make it back and start in a reasonable amount of time" ... so even if you are two seconds late in getting back you still don't lose camp ... but 10 seconds? a minute? five minutes? Then it's a staff call as to how long is too long).

And I was less trying to call you out (apologies if it seemed that way) and more just trying to emphasize that point for other readers. I've seen multiple players misunderstand this in-game and think they could take a camp from someone (without even talking to them) simply because they showed up while the first player wasn't at the camp location (even though the first player originally cleared the spawn AND made it back in time for respawn).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-19-2019 at 11:55 AM..
Old 05-19-2019, 01:26 PM
Aviak

I was feeling very nice last night. Glad you got your ring!
Old 05-19-2019, 02:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldarian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They were kind, you lost the camp when you went LD
This.

/thread
Old 05-20-2019, 05:43 AM
Fire Giant

my SF camp was taken because I LDed from server crash (at least half the server were kicked, it was all over discord)

GMs don't care why - you LD, zone out, camp out, for whatever reason not in zone, the camp is ffa

you should thank the guy who lets you get your camp back
Old 05-20-2019, 08:30 AM
Planar Protector

They can't reasonably rule for LD's. You can 'fake' a LD very easily if you wanted a brief break and there's no way for a ruling other than you submitting all your personal info and having yourself recorded / sending in said recording.
Closed Thread