Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 07-15-2023, 12:26 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Question Selling Loot Rights ? e.g. Quillmane

Hey all,
I happened to be in South Karana yesterday when Quillmane went down and the Loot Rights got sold - 9K wow !

If I ever get lucky with Quillmane I'd probably just sell the cloak (can already levitate), but I'm curious how it works ?

Do I take the coin, then invite buyer to group; or wait for loot timer? How ?

Seems like it could go wrong ? Risk of ripoff ? What if greedy others hang around clicking ?
Old 07-15-2023, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

With Quillmane being a short corpse there would likely be no time to take payment first. Payments often go either way with pay first or pay after with different situations

The GMs will discipline players that try to defraud players. Its #11 in the Play Nice Policy

Very rare that anyone would risk their account over something like that
Old 07-15-2023, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think there are any official rules, but in general with this sort of thing the buyer pays upon delivery of the item, often with a separate EC Tunnel character afterward (though for something like Quill paying ahead of time isn't unheard of). You then "lock" the corpse by looting it yourself, wait for the timer to pass enough for them to be able to loot it, and then you stop looting (and let them know to loot) at that point.

You don't really have to worry about other people looting your Quillmane, or a buyer looting it and not paying you, because both those things would get the player in trouble with the staff.

Of course, you want to get a very clear agreement of "X plat for cloak" ahead of time, and maybe screenshot it, but as long as you have that very few people would be stupid enough to loot the corpse without paying you.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-15-2023, 03:24 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks guys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll keep an eye out - 10,000pp would be beyond my wildest dreams as a non-twink newbie.

Actually the Play Nice is working well - I've had quite a few trading mistakes, and they have refunded my error. Only a couple of times my price ignorance was exploited.

All in all, I am having a blast in P99, better than it was 24 years ago - (almost) everyone is an EQ expert, and filthy rich [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I've had much generosity, and of course I repay it as I can...
Last edited by Findel; 07-15-2023 at 03:29 PM..
Old 07-16-2023, 07:15 PM
Kobold

What server are you playing? I've definitely got 10k you can just have on blue. Nobody would sell me my epic pieces anyway, so I'm never going to use it.
@EndorraFeyborne Discord
Old 07-16-2023, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Risk of ripoff ?
If a player tells you they will pay you for something, and then they do not, that constitutes fraud, which is against the server’s rules. I advise taking a screenshot of your agreement with the buyer. Also, that will not happen. It simply isn’t done. Players know there’s no way to avoid getting suspended or banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What if greedy others hang around clicking ?
Others looting an item from a mob you killed without your permission would constitute ninja-looting, which also against the rules.

I’ve played on P99 on and off for seven years. I’ve only seen fraud a couple of times. You can basically trust other players. But just take screenshots to cover your butt.
Old 07-17-2023, 09:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If a player tells you they will pay you for something, and then they do not, that constitutes fraud, which is against the server’s rules. I advise taking a screenshot of your agreement with the buyer. Also, that will not happen. It simply isn’t done. Players know there’s no way to avoid getting suspended or banned.

Others looting an item from a mob you killed without your permission would constitute ninja-looting, which also against the rules.

I’ve played on P99 on and off for seven years. I’ve only seen fraud a couple of times. You can basically trust other players. But just take screenshots to cover your butt.
This player would know, he stole my identity 3 years ago.
Old 07-18-2023, 03:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This player would know, he stole my identity 3 years ago.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-18-2023, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endorra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What server are you playing? I've definitely got 10k you can just have on blue. Nobody would sell me my epic pieces anyway, so I'm never going to use it.
I'll take your 10k