Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-13-2020, 08:12 AM
Fire Giant

Question Gfx freeze, but game continues?

I've been getting this a lot: The game will freeze >> I can still hear the sound and even type commands or cast spells.

Anyone else get this? In windowed mode on win10.

Come to think of it, I started getting this when I set compatibility mode to xp sp2 after crashing while camping or swapping chars repeatedly. While that was resolved, this is more serious ... gonna turn off comp mode to see if it goes away. If I'm already camped, I don't care as much since that doesn't cause deaths.
Old 01-13-2020, 03:52 PM
Aviak

I have the same problem since upgrading to Windows 10. I'm also running as admin and compatibility xp sp2 before and after upgrade.

Any program that has a popup that asks if you're sure you want to run them is what does it for me. Also most of the time the installer when installing a new program will do it.

I think there might be other things that can cause it, but haven't figured out what yet.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

It's the prompt for elevation from the secure desktop that does it. Easiest way I've found to resolve it is to ALT + Enter twice to toggle full screen and back.

You *could* disable that prompt - but it's one of the security features implemented to make it harder for programs to make unwanted changes to your system so I'd leave it be and just plan any changes that cause it to occur outside of your play schedule.

-Mcoy
Old 01-13-2020, 10:42 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's the prompt for elevation from the secure desktop that does it. Easiest way I've found to resolve it is to ALT + Enter twice to toggle full screen and back.

You *could* disable that prompt - but it's one of the security features implemented to make it harder for programs to make unwanted changes to your system so I'd leave it be and just plan any changes that cause it to occur outside of your play schedule.

-Mcoy
You don't have to disable it completely. Changing it to the 2nd lowest setting: "Notify me only when apps try to make changes to my computer (do not dim my desktop)" makes it stop crashing EQ. I went this route cause switching to full screen and back crashes me pretty frequently.