Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2021, 01:21 AM
Aviak

This is my event, nobody can cancel it but me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-07-2021, 01:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zags [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is my event, nobody can cancel it but me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aren't you a member of Seal Team?

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 02-07-2021, 01:55 AM
Aviak

I am, but I am not sure how that is relevant to this event. I've put on multiple gnome races, sometimes my guild contributes prizes, sometimes other guilds contribute prizes. Individual members of my guild and others have contributed prizes, artwork or fantastic streams of the races. This event is meant to be something anyone can jump into and have fun with for an hour with no barrier to entry.

If people want to make it about the raid scene and avoid the event, that's fine, but for me I just want to give folks an opportunity to race and win some prizes regardless of the status of their other characters.
Old 02-07-2021, 01:57 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zags [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am, but I am not sure how that is relevant to this event. I've put on multiple gnome races, sometimes my guild contributes prizes, sometimes other guilds contribute prizes. This event is meant to be something anyone can jump into and have fun with for an hour with no barrier to entry.

If people want to make it about the raid scene and avoid the event, that's fine, but for me I just want to give folks an opportunity to race and win some prizes regardless of the status of their other characters.
so are open server raids.
Old 02-07-2021, 01:59 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaldaben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so are open server raids.
Open server raids are a player made agreement from the UN. They have no relation to this race.
Old 02-07-2021, 02:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I am, but I am not sure how that is relevant to this event. I've put on multiple gnome races, sometimes my guild contributes prizes, sometimes other guilds contribute prizes. This event is meant to be something anyone can jump into and have fun with for an hour with no barrier to entry.

I hate to be that guy, but if you are still a member of Seal Team after what your guild has done to the other raid guilds of this server over the past several hours, as well as the entirety of the level-appropriate player-base at the open Vox raid tonight, then the players of this server truly have no backbone at all if they do not boycott this event.

I apologize for being blunt, but I am being honest here... your guild is a bad look on you and counterproductive to the community events you work hard to put on. Hopefully, you understand where I am coming from. You can't have it both ways... you're either for the community or against it. Time to choose, man.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Last edited by YendorLootmonkey; 02-07-2021 at 02:05 AM..
Old 02-07-2021, 02:04 AM
Fire Giant

Idk, the last gnome race the rules changed last minute after the fact. People were supposed to die by cindreela and they changed it so even after 3rd place person died they said it wasn't fair and gave prize to ST member instead and the actual 3rd place got nothing
Old 02-07-2021, 02:09 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hate to be that guy, but if you are still a member of Seal Team after what your guild has done to the other raid guilds of this server over the past several hours, as well as the entirety of the level-appropriate player-base at the open Vox raid tonight, then the players of this server truly have no backbone at all if they do not boycott this event.

I apologize for being blunt, but I am being honest here... your guild is a bad look on you and counterproductive to the community events you work hard to put on. Hopefully, you understand where I am coming from. You can't have it both ways... you're either for the community or against it. Time to choose, man.
Perfectly said. If my guild leadership asked me to take a hot dump on the server, I'd tell them to fuck off.

Yall ST members need to grow a pair of balls and hold your leadership accountable. 95% of ST members are decent people, you're just lead by crackheads.
Old 02-07-2021, 02:11 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarkhan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Idk, the last gnome race the rules changed last minute after the fact. People were supposed to die by cindreela and they changed it so even after 3rd place person died they said it wasn't fair and gave prize to ST member instead and the actual 3rd place got nothing
That is partially accurate. The issue was that someone charmed Cindreela, resulting in nobody being able to die to her. The third place prize was awarded to the person who ran into the room 3rd.

That was a mistake on my part by having a murky finish line, notice this race the finish line is hailing me on top of the orb, something that is easily verifiable who came in 1st.
Old 02-07-2021, 02:19 AM
Sarnak

Support putting on events to bring the community together. God knows it needs it looking at this dumpster fire going on right now.
Closed Thread