Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2021, 08:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicanomip99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You mean the 3 guilds who have been close allies for the past year? Naw, they're going to get along just fine.

Worse than when ST's toxicity ruled the raid scene? Doubt it. No one wants to stare at a screen during a 16 hour window (except for ST). Things will be worked out amicably.
I mean, Kingdom was pretty toxic themselves iirc in a similar way to ST when they were on Teal and didn't have to compete with ST so it wouldn't surprise me. But hopefully this will still be a change for the better. It's hard for me to imagine this isn't just going to be a net positive change for the Green server, at least for the people who want to have a more cooperative community that tries to share the experience of the game instead of letting a few no-lifers monopolize it.
Last edited by TripSin; 02-07-2021 at 08:54 PM..
Old 02-07-2021, 08:54 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean, Kingdom was pretty toxic themselves iirc in a similar way to ST when they were on Teal and didn't have to compete with ST so it wouldn't surprise me. But hopefully this will still be a change for the better.
Kingdom’s toxic leadership was ingested by fake-competitive ST. Kingdom Leadership now is mad cool.
Old 02-07-2021, 09:05 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by nphixion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kingdom’s toxic leadership was ingested by fake-competitive ST. Kingdom Leadership now is mad cool.
This 100%.

"I mean, Kingdom was pretty toxic themselves iirc in a similar way to ST when they were on Teal..."

You are cherry picking back to almost a year ago. All of the toxic leadership long left Kingdom and joined ST. Birds of a feather, can't beat em join em, etc etc.
Old 02-07-2021, 09:09 PM
Sarnak

Yeah, I haven't been playing much at all for many months now, just recalling what I remember from yesteryear. I'm glad to hear things have changed positively [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-07-2021, 10:15 PM
Fire Giant

I think people talking about toxic Kingdom leadership may be thinking of Sodak, who tried to take over Kingdom in a failed coup, then tried to take a group to defect to ST, but ST rejected him. So I'm told.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 02-07-2021, 10:26 PM
Sarnak

lol

Maeraculous - 60 Enchanter
Old 02-07-2021, 11:06 PM
Fire Giant

Why is it so hard to perma ban a group of people? If there's a click that did shit perma ban them.

In the past people have been perma banned for far less drama caused on the server and to community.

Just perma ban the associated toons account and call it a day. If they feel like retooling I mean rerollin then they can start over. If they do it again ban again. Eventually they get tired of trying.

I'm sure 20 days from now we shall see many ST players on in diff tag doing same crap. Just catch the person and ban the person. Pixels go poof and feeling of power goes fizzle.

One time I ran a guild ranked 9 game wide and removed 38 players from my 190 members count. Lost another 30 or so because they didn't agree with me.

In the end the guild was healthier. I'd expect staff to do th same to secure their efforts for a nice server otherwise why run it.
Old 02-07-2021, 11:46 PM
Sarnak

Beyond just laughing at Seal Team trying to bring down the little shreds of civilization on this server like a Final Fantasy villain formed from semen-infused tissue-papier-mâché, there is something worth mention:

Having been in "Seal Team" in other games, and having run "Seal Team" in other games, there is a certain atmosphere that permeates guilds like this. Statistically, it isn't even a mean mindset, it's just.. a meme mindset. People like and gravitate to that goofy fucking toxic ego-fest, crystallizing into a bunch of piss-flavored snowflakes around nucleation points failed-to-defuse by the guild's leadership. Every little thing that is said and done without recompense contributes to it, whether it's calling camps you're not at, casually swiping mobs from other peoples', or just generally showing disregard for the well-being of others.

Suddenly, your entire guild identity is that of an unwashed locker room, and everyone NOT inside is on the other team and worthless. Certain individuals will absolutely do dumb shit, get booted, and become examples. Unfortunately, those examples *aren't* for the people in the guild to witness and be better than. They're for people *outside* the guild to bear witness. They're purely scapegoats, intentionally or otherwise, shoved out to slaughter by the leadership who either thinks, or is pretending that they have control of the guild.

Unfortunately, it's not about those individuals. The guild itself is radioactive, having existed for far too long as a repository for the depleted uranium ammunition that is their bloated, un-preened roster. You can ban individuals and punish individuals all you want, but until the numerous, decent people in that guild decide to form something new, this is going to happen over and over again. Their refusal to do so means they're either not that decent, or they're not that numerous.

Keep the raid ban on the guild and its leadership until EQNext is released. Lift the raid ban on the players before epics come out. Give them a chance to reorganize and do better. Otherwise.. they're just going to wait out the storm, crack open a cold one with the boys and get back to soaking the rest of the server in ball-sweat.

Maeraculous - 60 Enchanter
Last edited by xmaerx; 02-07-2021 at 11:49 PM..
Old 02-08-2021, 12:20 AM
Aviak

edited 5 more times to add big words
Old 02-08-2021, 12:24 AM
Sarnak

ST members were told to follow orders and followed them into a raid ban, and yet I am sure they will come out of this continuing to follow those same toxic individuals because pixels.
It's surprising the number trying to defend the actions despite their leadership being completely shut down by server staff.
All actions here were unprecedented through a 10 year experiment with blue server and it will be interesting to see if any positive change in attitude comes from this.
Closed Thread