Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 12:03 AM
Aviak

Default Finding Groups in Unpopular Zones

The title might be self explanatory, but I wonder.

See, I was leveling my Erudite Wizard in Noxx, and the experience was wretched, with Kobolds just swarming constantly so I decided to head for Qeynos, but that zone has like 4 people on, all anon.

It's almost like finding a group is a chore sometimes or a matter of luck.

Am I wrong?
Old 06-09-2016, 12:15 AM
Kobold

What level are you bud? Sounds pretty low.
Old 06-09-2016, 12:18 AM
Kobold

Look up the guild Vita Infinita in game. They are a guild of brand new players who group and socialize together as they level up. The guy posts in the guild forums and on posts like these a lot.
Old 06-09-2016, 12:21 AM
Fire Giant

Everquest is one big chore if you really think about it : p

Personally, I soloed to level 5 in that region and then started grouping in Blackburrow, there's almost always people there

Everquest Mysteries http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=231587
Old 06-09-2016, 12:35 AM
Fire Giant

We don't currently have any players over in the Qeynos area I don't think but if you are willing to travel (and maybe bind) or roll up a new class in either the FP area or FoB area there is a lot of activity in both of those regions (even low level activity). Our guild also has a nice growing group of people that are below 30 and group up for stuff. Feel free to contact me in game and/or click the link in my sig to join our discord voice chat server.
Old 06-09-2016, 01:23 AM
Fire Giant

In general, I'd say most people don't end up grouping until at least level 4 or 5, even for brand new players. However, you are also in one of the least populated regions on the server. Qeynos, while an awesome place to level for a new player, doesn't have the population that the Greater Faydark or Freeport/West Commons area will have. The good news is, if the group experience is what you're after, you can always travel to one of those areas and get a bind, then level there instead. You should be tolerated (if not welcomed) by the NPCs in either of those areas.
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Old 06-09-2016, 01:41 AM
Planar Protector

If you make a human in freeport area, you lvl 1-10 quite easily, buffs from high lvls at tunnel, kill stuff quick to 5, then group on wolves ect, 8+, orc camps, from 12-18 alot are at oasis of marr, some actually group in dungeons around in antonica.

But peeps hit the main spots, for instance, 1-5 is always not easy, but doable. As list follows for popular spots, 5-10 orc hill in greater faydark, 10-15 crushbone, 15-25 unrest, 25-35 mistmoore, 35-40, not too certain, 40-50 com, 50+ Karnors, seb, charasis.

But as you lvl up, can find a leveling guild, and go to those nostalgic spots. I personally would say 35-40, great zone is splitpaw, I love that zone.

Antonica dungeons semi-popular, in southern antonica/eastern, guk, i see a group often there, and usually a pick up group for lower guk. Pickup for sol b.

Faydwer is always busy in the dungeons there for 10-30.

We do need a pickup for server population I think. Population 40+ isnt bad, but topic here is for those spots lvls 1-20.

This games a grind, so get some caffine, favorite music, and meet people along the way, dont forget to eat too =P. Lvling will happen. I like to look rather at the adventure along the way.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:23 AM
Planar Protector

You might not want to hear it, but I think you should: you picked possibly the worst grouping class in the game. Even if you were in "popular" area you might find your grouping options quite limited.

If you really want to group a lot. Change class. Tough love, best love.
Old 06-09-2016, 08:20 AM
Fire Giant

from my experience, the Qeynos area in general is under populated. many players choose to travel to free port or Kelethin for finding groups.
Old 06-09-2016, 08:24 AM
Orc

On Red server, where population is low everywhere, I made a habit of having several characters that I'm splitting my focus on. So far it's been working. Currently, I have a level 30 cleric camped in mistmoore, a newly 30 enchanter near mistmoore, a 36 bard I hop on and alternate soloing and grouping (currently in OT for farming), a 22 monk in kunark, and a 10 paladin in crushbone.

I'm debating starting a druid or wizard for porting ability, so I can travel anywhere there are groups. In my current set up, though, I advertise whatever character I feel like playing while LFG. If there are no groups, I hop on my bard or enchanter and solo.

I'm a bit of an altoholic, but I feel that this works for red server. I always have something to do.

On blue, I have an 18 Rogue that I'll sometimes LFG with. The problem, though, is that I only play during peak hours, so the "popular" leveling zones will often have full groups / full camps. So if I log on the rogue, I'll tend to farm greens or low blues until a spot opens - and that isn't always fun.
Closed Thread