Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2019, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

respect the poop, people. the poop is sacred.
Old 12-30-2019, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Lol the "official word" is "about.."

There is no official word because if there was an official word it would be official. The only time limit that is defined in the play nice policy is a "reasonable amount of time" which can mean absolutely anything to the CSR who responds and depends who you are and whether you're a known asshole or someone cool.
Old 12-30-2019, 12:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischief419 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let's say someone's camping Hadden and Hadden is just chilling there in front of someone else that's AFK.

How long should I wait until I can take it myself?
Hadden might be a trickier example. If we were talking regular dungeon XP mobs on a 22 minute timer, then I'd say be a little generous because eventually people need to take a bathroom break and it may have just disrupted the spawn cycle. But if we are talking about a 6 hour single named spawn, and they haven't set an alarm or handled business literally any time in that 6 hours knowing it was coming...then 60s to engage or they've lost it.

And if we are talking Hadden, always tell them it was a fishing pole regardless of what you got. They'll be less likely to raise hell if they don't know you got the earring they've been waiting two days for.
Old 12-30-2019, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

2-3 mins, nothing shorter than that...i see many people saying 30 seconds...to me that's not enough time but the rules do not state a specific time
Old 12-30-2019, 03:53 PM
Sarnak

I love that people are talking about giving people in multi hour long camps an extra 2-3 mins for anything besides an LD which is usually pretty easy to tell because your tells aren't getting delivered. LDs which by the rules of "camping" make the camp open so LOL for all you bitch ass rule lawyers that would take that shit talking about courtesy - as I have seen done countless times in OoT for jboots.

Fuck these AFK people in window for long camps though, they sit on a camp for hours tell everyone else its taken after being there for multiple spawns, so its not like they don't know the damn timers or have an excuse after literal hours to handle their shit, and suddenly after driving away the competition with gentle "sorry its taken" responses between afks, or the more usual forcing them to sit alongside them for those many fruitless spawns where they actually do hold the camp for the 30 seconds after spawn that it matters, they should supposedly get even more benefit of the doubt while reserving the right to pass off the camp to whoever they damn well please if you don't take said action of parking alongside them at a 6 hour spawn.

My favorite story with Hadden on green so far has to be the 2 guildies sitting afk by each other with the spawn up - you just know that's some fucking entrapment. Head off /list contesting by having a perma afk guildy with you and then when that shit spawns and they both aren't there they still get to call in the GMs to ban others and "confiscate" items they didn't even farm for themselves when they were supposedly both holding the camp. Hadden is a hotly contested and easy to kill mob, and people swing by that spot constantly after having observed the timer themselves while some AFK shit heels gaming the system hard to screw everyone not afk get to keep their loots with GM intervention?

LOL.

Holy fuck you courtesy punks are ridiculous, fuck you all I'm becoming the Hazek / Nordork of this thread now.
Old 12-30-2019, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.J. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Holy fuck you courtesy punks are ridiculous, fuck you all I'm becoming the Hazek / Nordork of this thread now.
my friend, respecting the poop is no mere courtesy; it is the bar a man must meet to qualify as a thinking, civilized person.
Old 12-30-2019, 05:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my friend, respecting the poop is no mere courtesy; it is the bar a man must meet to qualify as a thinking, civilized person.
Sir, only halflings would consider respecting a 6 hour + poop a courtesy. Besides, at that point your bathroom should be a digital EQ oasis with a set up like those old school swivel desks, just with a built in keyboard, remember those desks? The ones that use to be common before Obama phased them out because they couldn't pass engineers stress tests from loading down grade schoolers with 15 pound books full of propaganda that earned him beach mansions.

I just think we can all agree that courtesy poop checks would be ideal, but Obama's beach house didn't buy itself.
Last edited by M.J.; 12-30-2019 at 05:11 PM.. Reason: edited for political agitation purposes
Old 12-30-2019, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.J. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sir, only halflings would consider respecting a 6 hour + poop a courtesy. Besides, at that point your bathroom should be a digital EQ oasis with a set up like those old school swivel desks, just with a built in keyboard, remember those desks? The ones that use to be common before Obama phased them out because they couldn't pass engineers stress tests from loading down grade schoolers with 15 pound books full of propaganda that earned him beach mansions.

I just think we can all agree that courtesy poop checks would be ideal, but Obama's beach house didn't buy itself.
BEHOLD the sort of madman who would refuse to respect the poop.
Old 01-01-2020, 01:14 PM
Fire Giant

I witnessed someone there for days at Hadden. He'd go afk on 5h50m hour timers. Right before he pops, I just so happened to magically see a level 1 pop beside the guy, main would kill Hadden, and the low level would log. Only one of them would move at the same time. Wasn't even being subtle about what appears to be blatant boxing to pass off lore drops for infinicamping.

Not sure if GMs would have an interest to revisit these PnP rules, but there's no way that's intended.

How come the active people don't get priority? I mean heck, I heard /list was 10m - that's crazy active. At Hadden, you can just stand there 24/7 and it'll ward off all campers because they'll think it's camped and no one would bother sticking around since timer is set. Some shady dealings I've seen.

Even with boxing rules, VPNs are too easy to use in 2019: I'm confident he's gonna get away with it and just 24/7 claim the camp one earring after another. This could be alleviated with afk check tells. Yea Hadden is 6hrs, but Manastone is 40hrs and has 10m afk checks. What's the difference? Why not port that same rule to PnP? Can do /time, /t and take a screenshot for proof. They could always afk check to reclaim if being a hypocrite.

Whoever is not afk for 5.9 hrs should get the camp, my 2cp.
Last edited by mischief419; 01-01-2020 at 01:25 PM..
Old 01-01-2020, 01:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischief419 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I witnessed someone there for days at Hadden. He'd go afk on 5h50m hour timers. Right before he pops, I just so happened to magically see a level 1 pop beside the guy, main would kill Hadden, and the low level would log. Only one of them would move at the same time. Wasn't even being subtle about what appears to be blatant boxing to pass off lore drops for infinicamping.

Not sure if GMs would have an interest to revisit these PnP rules, but there's no way that's intended.
u reported him right?????
Closed Thread