Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2020, 03:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it wasn't an accident, because he knew or should have known that he had many many mobs on him.

Also other than the last golem race we did against AG (grats guys! that was a close one!) we haven't been in fear recently. Might be thinking of someone else?
Now you're laying onto him what you think he should have known, which is to say, you don't know if it was an accident or not. I would venture that it likely was because as a high end raider you know that training on purpose will net you a fine ban and there are not that many high end raiders who intentionally train raids with that consequence hanging out there.

And it seems that here in this thread there is mention of being in Fear quite recently per MaCtastic and that a mistaken train was pretty much laughed off and no one was petitioned.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...=370103&page=2
Old 10-26-2020, 03:14 PM
Sarnak

Well since we weren't in fear for anything this cycle, I'm guessing he is referring to two or more other guilds?

In this case, if you've seen the fraps of the train, you will know that the mobs behind Incubo were close enough that he FTE'd LTK before he even made it down the stairs to the exit room - he was almost certainly being cast on or getting AE'd before he made it that far. Whether or not he subjectively knew is besides the point, however- he should have. Not bothering to check was reckless, and generally people are held accountable for their reckless mistakes which result in damages to other.
Old 10-26-2020, 03:53 PM
Kobold

Getting back on topic to the OP's questions, I feel like it's all matter of perspective. This sounds so silly, but it's also extremely obvious and plain to see: every guild feels like they are the white night, the innocent ones, the server good-guys, mostly because they see their own good, and don't see much of their own bad. "Bias or Rose-colored classes" is a factor, but that's not all. In a lot of cases, it's a lot more straightforward than that: it's literally what you see vs what the other guild sees.

In real terms: most guild members at a raid aren't pullers, right? Let's say you're a cleric main, the person everyone in your guild loves and respects for being a cleric main. So, during raid incidents, when 2 raid forces are in different places, but going for the same mob, YOU actually witness first-hand when the other guild trains your raid force. Lets say you've been on the server for a long time, and you've even seen it happen with your own eyes, a few times, where the same pullers from the other guild have dropped mobs on you. It's human nature that's gonna lead to some hard feelings. The thing is, you do not see everything that's going on. You definitely didn't see, with your own eyes, all the times your pullers trained their raid. You were in your own camp, healing the tank/raid, buffing, rezzing, etc. The train imbalance might even be as bad as 2:1, where your pullers are the truly guilty/dirty ones, but that's not what YOU see, on a regular basis, month in and month out.

Perspective is everything. Like it or not, it's human nature to be biased.

Outside of raids, I personally have had more bad interactions with Kittens members in recent months. It'd be unfair to lump them all into that category though. For example, at the same time one of those horrible interactions was going on, a different Kittens member (let's call him Player A) was being really cool with me, we were helping each other out, being nice and friendly to each other, and then the other bad experience happened with another Kittens member (let's call her Player B), who took advantage of a situation when Player A accidentally trained me when I finally got a named to pop at a camp. Player B killed the mob before player A was able to apologize, log on a cleric, and rez me. And it was a pretty quick log-over + rez, too. I had no fraps, so there was no discipline for the incident, per GM's.

It would be SO easy for me to hate all Kittens. It would especially be easy if it was just player B that trained me and took the mob, and Player A wasn't around or involved at all. But is that right? I brushed shoulders with a rotten egg, or maybe they were just in a bad mood or made an honest mistake killing the mob, being overzealous and trying to "help me kill it" (I never saw the corpse), or whatever. Does that make them all bad? No. Not even close. In fact, I've had way more positive experiences and interactions with Kittens members than bad ones. It's the same thing with Freedom, Riot, Azure Guard, and pretty much all other guilds that have ever existed on p99.

We humans have a natural tendency to get all defensive when we feel we've been attacked, harmed, slighted, offended, maligned, etc. As part of that defense, we look at the situation and decide who our enemy is, and bam, slap a label on 'em. "You guys are now the bad guys."

I'm not gonna tell people how to live their lives, and attempt to mandate what everyone should do/think instead, but I feel that it's crucial to point out this kind of biased and defensive nature that we all have.

My whole point here: in reality, in mi estimation, most guilds are made up of 90% or more "good guys". Most people think their own guilds are more like 95-98% good guys. Most people think that the other competing guilds are more like 50-60% good guys, if that.

It's all perspective.
Old 10-26-2020, 03:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If it was an accident, why didn't you guys just send some tells, have a few chuckles and move on with your lives like the anecdotal account of the recent Fear raids you had? I mean, you're not the toxic and ridiculous sorts that would petition people for an accident or mistake in order to secure concessions and free loot, right?
Hi Nishoba,

Purpyl here. Happy to clear some things up for you.

AG/F's defense was that Incubo went against raiders leaders orders and therefore they should not be subject to raid suspension.

Here is your teams defense [verbatim from your team's defense papers]:
Incubo: Is it Safe to run out?
Furors: I would take a TL; I think hub is going to be dirty
Incubo: Nope, nah, I'm going.
Your leadership left the GM's no choice but to suspend Incubo with that defense that incubo did it on purpose and against the raid leaders orders.
Old 10-26-2020, 04:11 PM
Sarnak

that being said, i agree dooce is shady AF.
Old 10-26-2020, 04:15 PM
Fire Giant

That's it, time to revive Blackheart Pirates [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-26-2020, 04:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's it, time to revive Blackheart Pirates [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have found memories of being in <homeland (security)> and wiping to vindi with like 80 people with them!
Old 10-26-2020, 04:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogs4ever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi Nishoba,

Purpyl here. Happy to clear some things up for you.

AG/F's defense was that Incubo went against raiders leaders orders and therefore they should not be subject to raid suspension.

Here is your teams defense [verbatim from your team's defense papers]:
Incubo: Is it Safe to run out?
Furors: I would take a TL; I think hub is going to be dirty
Incubo: Nope, nah, I'm going.
Your leadership left the GM's no choice but to suspend Incubo with that defense that incubo did it on purpose and against the raid leaders orders.
Hi Purpyl. Thanks for shedding light on this. I admit I didn't know of that particular detail. I guess that I have to agree that he dun goofed. But I do believe there was a valiant attempt to make it right by both FR and AG which was declined by Kittens all around. What went on with that?

If things have changed over there since Dooce, great. It just seems that things are not as clear and clean RE Kittens as everyone is trying to portray it. The mud splatters on all things in ToV.
Old 10-26-2020, 04:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogs4ever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have found memories of being in <homeland (security)> and wiping to vindi with like 80 people with them!
Man I don't think i was ever part of raiding Vindi with Hydra.. Just sky.. Oh my god so much plane of sky.....
Old 10-26-2020, 05:10 PM
Kobold

Hey Nishoba,

I certainly recognize things got gross as we extricated ourselves from the Hydra alliance. Given the behavior of BHP's former guild leader Kittens had to take action in order to keep raids enjoyable for its members. I don't think that was the wrong decision.

At that time it was very frustrating to be having to leave an alliance where we thoroughly enjoyed 99.99% of the members involved. We made an open offer for anyone that wanted to transition to Kittens and continue raiding with us because we liked you guys. I don't regret doing that but it sounds like I could have done a better job communicating the intent.

I always enjoyed the interactions we've had and am a bit saddened to know I've been this negatively impactful on your experience of the game. Wish you all the best man and apologies for my contributions to the muck at the end of the Hydra alliance.

-Dooce
Closed Thread