Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-05-2020, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

Default A Lot More *Crashes* Lately?

Twice this morning I crashed when I tried to loot my corpse. I've also seen lots of other reports of crashes lately, and just in general I've been having a ton more crashes lately (not "zoning issues" or any other sort of problem, but specifically the software failing mid-game wheneverything else was working fine).

Normally I never crash in the middle of playing the game. Is this just me, or did the devs inadvertently break something?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-05-2020, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

I've been playing 6-8 hours a day for the last couple weeks. No crashes for me. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I've even looted my corpse a couple times [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Isn't there a crash log or debug log? (may be wrong)
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 06-05-2020 at 03:53 PM..
Old 06-05-2020, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

Weird: I just restarted to see if that would help, and got another one. Might be a Linux issue though; I just tried updating WINE so maybe that will fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isn't there a crash log or debug log? (may be wrong)
Possibly, but if so I'm not sure which file to look at.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-05-2020, 06:19 PM
Kobold

I've never had much of a problem at all since I've played on this server, minus a random crash here or there. It's not EQ without it.

But as stated: Lately I've been crashing a lot. Like every time I play at least once. The big noticeable one for me is after a death and looting my corpse. It's 50/50 if I'll crash or not. I've never had this issue until recently. Less frequent, I'll crash when zoning. But I chalk that up to normal EQ.
Old 06-05-2020, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lately I've been crashing a lot. Like every time I play at least once. The big noticeable one for me is after a death and looting my corpse. It's 50/50 if I'll crash or not. I've never had this issue until recently.
Yes, this is exactly what I've noticed. What operating system are you on?

Old 06-07-2020, 12:34 PM
Kobold

I have been crashing a lot lately too. It seems to be happening when im going down, or looking at stairs while holding right click.

It just freezes the screen, but i can still move around and do things(like die).
Old 06-12-2020, 05:26 PM
Aviak

Same thing, mostly in Paineel. Screen freezes, game still running. Sometimes I can /camp desktop blind so at least I don't have to wait for the LD to resolve.
Old 06-13-2020, 11:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Twice this morning I crashed when I tried to loot my corpse. I've also seen lots of other reports of crashes lately, and just in general I've been having a ton more crashes lately
Played several hours today on one computer on Blue and another computer on Green - at the same time. No crashes. Linux here also. Maybe just lucky.
Old 06-13-2020, 11:10 PM
Planar Protector

player corpses were disappearing early this morning, maybe they were trying to fix the crash bug and bugged out the corpses.

maybe a sign of hope
Old 06-15-2020, 10:33 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Twice this morning I crashed when I tried to loot my corpse. I've also seen lots of other reports of crashes lately, and just in general I've been having a ton more crashes lately (not "zoning issues" or any other sort of problem, but specifically the software failing mid-game wheneverything else was working fine).

Normally I never crash in the middle of playing the game. Is this just me, or did the devs inadvertently break something?
I've had some issues but not exactly as you describe. I've narrowed my crashes down to two locations primarily, The Overthere (anywhere there) or when I'm on the South Karana aviak ramp. Happens every time. If there's something I can change, I'd sure like to know what it is. I've fallen off the aviak ramps twice now and went LD. Thanks