Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2020, 05:32 PM
Planar Protector

Imps is best IMO, easy to break and manage the whole entire area and all you gotta do is avoid walking around backwards. Super steady exp it's just like a flowing tap for a shaman with an epic.
Old 08-07-2020, 12:30 PM
Kobold

Default Exp

If you don't mind trashing your faction, Chardok is great experience, relatively safe, easy to get to, and you can make some decent money. I had a fungi and jbb, no epic and the rest of my gear was/is pretty poor. You can keep all pulls to 2 mobs or less with plenty of room to park. If you stick to the entrance/exit tunnels there are no casters.

A slow and face tanking while jbb spamming allowed me to fight non-stop. The mobs at the "castle entrance" are noticeably tougher, but dropped lvl ~54-57 spells.

The exp is not as good as the hole or bear pits, but I easily made 40-50k in drops while grinding 58 and 60. That largely funded my torpor. I found and endless supply of mobs since the zone is primarily farmed by factioned enchanters targeting the named camps further in the zone. This also results in almost always having clarity from the kind chanters who pass through the zone in regularly.
Old 08-08-2020, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinbillibnis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you stick to the entrance/exit tunnels there are no casters.
From what I learned with my time Nurga, root rotting casters isn't an issue if you have a corner to hide behind. No line of sight = no nukes/dots on you and no heals for themselves.

Not sure the layout of Chardok though, it's been ages.
Old 08-08-2020, 01:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hole exp is great but you specified solo exp
Neither Hole or Bear Pits can be broken into solo with a 57 shm, in my opinion.
Bear pits you just run by giants drop down hole camp immediately. Unless they fucked this up with the pathing changes you will be camped before giants get to you.
Old 08-08-2020, 06:02 PM
Kobold

Default Chardok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From what I learned with my time Nurga, root rotting casters isn't an issue if you have a corner to hide behind. No line of sight = no nukes/dots on you and no heals for themselves.

Not sure the layout of Chardok though, it's been ages.

True, if you're root rotting. I like to incorporate the pet damage, when hasted its certainly worth the mana a slow costs to allow him to melee. If you have a jbb, it's more efficient killing to chain cast and while you don't sit to gain mana you can canni enough for a slow per fight and incidental rebuffs. A regrowth on the pet usually keeps him alive well enough.
Old 08-10-2020, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

Might need Epic for it to be efficient but Howling Stones basement is hard to beat. I leveled my Necromancer there off and on from 54 to 60. Shamans were always down there root rotting stuff.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 08-10-2020, 03:34 PM
Kobold

I know you said solo, but if you wouldn't mind making friends with a monk or SK to duo, I've found that the rats in the jail area of the Hole are the best exp from 58-60. They are even better than the PoM rats and dark blue all the way through 60.

There are too many pathers to solo, but there also aren't enough rats for a full group, so this spot is/was open more frequently than the other camps in the Hole.
Old 08-11-2020, 03:43 PM
Banned

Rat jail in Hole
Old 08-14-2020, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Ogres and trolls in the neriak arena are badass xp. 7 min spawns, city zem. boom 60.
Closed Thread