Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2020, 08:18 PM
Sarnak

If you are going to be staben and stuff wouldn't the silver chitin wraps be a good idea?
Old 10-25-2020, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I can't see it working very well past level 30, and definitely not in the latter half of Kunark content. People seem to vastly overestimate the tanking power of a character with like 6-700 AC and practically no defensive skills
I'm level 50, and I still tank. I can face tank ice giants, or dar ghouls ... or even go toe to toe with a belted frenzy in lower guk (it's how I fight them, sometimes they might get some good hits in... but I just gotta take a step back to let pet take over the agro and lifetap and then jump back in if they get too many strong shots off).

It's night and day my ability to tank compared to a "normal" necromancer. I was with a wizard down there once, who had what a normal necromancer would have in terms of armor... and the frogs shredded him.

The 51+ game is gonna be interesting though, but I think I can keep up with proper armor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natewest1987 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How bad is this going to suck when the low skill cap won’t hit anything and bone knights have capped max melee damage ? ?

Curious before I start down this path
My parses in plane of hate were showing my hit rate was about the same as full melees (hit rates seem to have a wide range per fight for everyone).

And my sustained melee DPS was going way over anyone elses (I was hitting 100+ DPS combined with my pet, and rogues were doing 30... that's the level of an enchanter charmed planar mob in terms of damage output).

And yea, there is capped max melee damage...of 146 damage per swing. I'd be ok meleeing for that much without a restriction on enemy type though. On top of the pet damage, that definitely would be enough to put bone knights at top DPS in kunark era.

Quote:
I always have been curious as to why necros start with more dex at character creation, and has green text on the number to indicate it's a recommended stat. Exactly why is that?
Is because of their vampiric embrace, a self buff that adds a lifetap proc to all of their attacks. And then also some pretty nice proc weapons too (staff of undead legions turns a bone knight into a top DPS against undead).

Quote:
If you are going to be staben and stuff wouldn't the silver chitin wraps be a good idea?
Those is no good, 22% haste isn't so great (and it's velious era!), with low AC. I'm aiming for high quality melee haste...so 41% in kunark.

Look at these potatoes!! https://wiki.project1999.com/Grey_Suede_Boots
Old 10-26-2020, 12:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natewest1987 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How bad is this going to suck when the low skill cap won’t hit anything and bone knights have capped max melee damage ? ?

Curious before I start down this path
actually, u don't need to hit anything, u just need to PROC with high DEX.

that compared with stacked leach spells works but yeah, noone confirmed yet if 50+ works too.
Mitic - Green - Dial a Port (yes, porting is more fun than raid-rotations) - 2020
Old 10-26-2020, 12:24 AM
Sarnak

Yeah, but proccing a 50pt DD 1.5 times a minute won't impress anyone.
Old 10-26-2020, 02:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noselacri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, but proccing a 50pt DD 1.5 times a minute won't impress anyone.
Vampiric embrace is 62 damage lifetap...

Staff of the undead legions is 585 DD to undead...

with a 2 proc per minute rate (average)

That's 1294 damage per minute, or 21.6 DPS....just in procs.

On a raid at level 50 in the planes, a rogue is doing about 30 DPS.

So suddenly a meleeing necro + pet can equal some pretty nice DPS. And the 2 proc per minute is average, that's why you see the damage goes from 40- 100 + DPS... because some fights you can get a couple procs in a row, making that fight spike up. And other fights maybe you only do your melee damage (which isn't nothing) and a couple vampiric embraces instead of the big ones.

But that's just procs. Necros at 50 can definitely land raw damage melee hits (with my staff, I can hit for 40-50 just in melee damage).

That's why I have hope for the rod of annihilation, I think with good haste and strength... I can get my sustained melee DPS up to a respectable level.
Old 10-26-2020, 04:18 AM
Sarnak

Ok. I’m trying it. Anyone have a shimmering orb or crookstinger for sale ? Have been in game sconce like a month after green / teal merge, but might as well join the legion of bone knights.
Old 10-26-2020, 04:38 AM
Sarnak

Ivory do you stream at all? Would love to watch how this build plays out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-26-2020, 11:34 AM
Kobold

Make a battle cleric next, call it a palabin!
Old 10-26-2020, 01:11 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxarcule [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ivory do you stream at all? Would love to watch how this build plays out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would love to see a stream or a recording too!
Old 10-26-2020, 05:18 PM
Banned

How would a Human perform with this spec
Closed Thread