Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2019, 08:01 PM
Planar Protector

Sorry you believe fake news [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
“Everyone was in the loop. It was no secret,” Sondland said in an email he sent to top administration officials ahead of the July 25 telephone call between Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy that triggered the impeachment inquiry.

Pompeo, Energy Secretary Rick Perry and White House acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney were among the recipients of the email in which Sondland discussed Zelenskiy’s willingness to “run a fully transparent investigation.”In the July 25 phone call, Trump asked Zelenskiy to carry out two investigations. One involved Biden and his son Hunter, who had worked for Ukrainian energy company Burisma. The other involved a debunked conspiracy theory promoted by some Trump allies that Ukraine, not Russia, interfered in the 2016 U.S. election.
Quote:
“We did not want to work with Mr. Giuliani. Simply put, we played the hand we were dealt. We all understood that if we refused to work with Mr. Giuliani, we would lose an important opportunity to cement relations between the United States and Ukraine. So we followed the president’s orders,” Sondland said.

Sondland said the three worked “at the express direction of the president of the United States” with Giuliani. The efforts by Giuliani to get Zelenskiy to investigate the Bidens “were a quid pro quo for arranging a White House visit” for the Ukrainian leader, Sondland said, using a Latin term meaning to exchange a favor for another favor.
Old 11-20-2019, 08:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccablack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so just to be clear on timelines:

sept 10: whistleblower complaint is requested by congress
sept 11: ukraines aid is released after being held up for 2 months
sept 13: ukraines prez is scheduled to appear on cnn to announce investigations, but cancels

and these events are completely unrelated?
Trump is guilty as sin, these people will answer to Christ for defending him
Old 11-20-2019, 08:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry you believe fake news [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You just ignored everything Sondland said in his testimony.

NOBODY told him ANYTHING about quid pro quo. His words. His testimony. He made it all up!

I feel sorry for you. You're just completely unable to comprehend facts due to your political blindness. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-20-2019, 08:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You just ignored everything Sondland said in his testimony.

NOBODY told him ANYTHING about quid pro quo. His words. His testimony. He made it all up!

I feel sorry for you. You're just completely unable to comprehend facts due to your political blindness. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trump said that 53 days after his extortion attempt. Hope that helps.
Old 11-20-2019, 08:18 PM
Planar Protector

Seems like democrats are grasping at straws here for impeachment. I heard a similar tune from republicans back in 2012 about repealing Obamacare - which was not likely to happen, yet they pushed for it because it made them look like they were doing something.

IMHO Democrats are struggling to find a purpose in 2019-2020. The economy is good, Trump is resisting the urge to go to war, China is starting to submit to fair trade policy, minorities are doing well economically.

Democrats also don't have a clear center left candidate besides Joe Biden, which if we are completely honest with ourselves, is way past his prime. Joe wont stand a chance against Trump, and the electorate knows that. He is only propped up in the polls because of his notoriety and campaign funding.

So democrats are left to choose between Warren, Buttigieg or Bernie:
-Warren is cringy, unauthentic and her voice constantly cracks with weakness. She doesnt come off like a true leader.

-Buttigieg is a limp wrister and doesnt come off as true leader either. His left of center approach appears to be garnering support, but its unlikely he will get past the primary unless Joe drops out or drops dead soon.

-Bernie is genuine and honest (for a politician). His problem is that he looks like hes on life support. I do not think he will live another 4 years. He also is a raging communist, which doesn't help in light of the current conditions of Venezuela, North Korea and Cuba.

Bottom line is that people in the swing states are moving towards Trump and away from the democratic party.
Old 11-20-2019, 08:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seems like democrats are grasping at straws here for impeachment. I heard a similar tune from republicans back in 2012 about repealing Obamacare - which was not likely to happen, yet they pushed for it because it made them look like they were doing something.

IMHO Democrats are struggling to find a purpose in 2019-2020. The economy is good, Trump is resisting the urge to go to war, China is starting to submit to fair trade policy, minorities are doing well economically.

Democrats also don't have a clear center left candidate besides Joe Biden, which if we are completely honest with ourselves, is way past his prime. Joe wont stand a chance against Trump, and the electorate knows that. He is only propped up in the polls because of his notoriety and campaign funding.

-Warren is cringy, unauthentic and her voice constantly cracks with weakness. She doesnt come off like a true leader.

-Buttigieg is a limp wrister and doesnt come off as true leader either. His left of center approach appears to be garnering support, but its unlikely he will get past the primary unless Joe drops out or drops dead soon.

-Bernie is genuine and honest (for a politician). His problem is that he looks like hes on life support. I do not think he will live another 4 years. He also is a raging communist, which doesn't help in light of the current conditions of Venezuela, North Korea and Cuba.

Bottom line is that people in the swing states are moving towards Trump and away from the democratic party.
Citation please.
Old 11-20-2019, 08:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Citation please.
Among other things

-November 8th 2016
Old 11-20-2019, 08:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks Obama
Old 11-20-2019, 08:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Among other things

-November 8th 2016
Oh, nothing to back it up - just how you "feel"

News flash: your feelings are irrelevant.

Quote:
Trump has said he did nothing wrong in the Ukraine matter and specifically denied any quid pro quo. On Wednesday, the president said he does not know Sondland - his own appointee - well but he seems like a “nice guy.”

Asked about testimony from another State Department official that Sondland had told Trump in a July 26 phone call that Zelenskiy “loves your ass,” Sondland suggested he and Trump had an easy-going relationship.

“It sounds like something I would say. That’s how President Trump and I communicate. A lot of four-letter words. In this case three letters,” he said, to laughter in the Capitol Hill hearing room.
Lots of three and four letter words sounds about right. Illiterate Donny use big words. best words.
Old 11-20-2019, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Oh, nothing to back it up - just how you "feel"

News flash: your feelings are irrelevant.

Lots of three and four letter words sounds about right. Illiterate Donny use big words. best words.
https://law.marquette.edu/poll/

This is a poll that was done within the past week. I didn't want to shame you, but now I see you have left me no choice.