Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 08:20 PM
Kobold

Server is fine and the forums need to be nuked ASAP
Old 08-01-2012, 08:58 PM
Planar Protector

@toe, i know you haven't been around enough to know wtf you're talking about, but neither a merge or wipe or a "relaunch" are going to do shit. This server could use a lot of stuff, but most of the shit you see suggested by here are by trolls that are fuckin pissed they couldn't execute their will (to have a nonstop grief-fest and win the server), so they suggest everything under the sun to divert your attention away from what really matters. I, nor Trollborn, are against many of the suggestions here, we're just not stupid enough to concur with them all when they are minor, and much less important than fixing bugs, content, and staff participation.

You've been trolled sir.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
@toe, i know you haven't been around enough to know wtf you're talking about, but neither a merge or wipe or a "relaunch" are going to do shit. This server could use a lot of stuff, but most of the shit you see suggested by here are by trolls that are fuckin pissed they couldn't execute their will (to have a nonstop grief-fest and win the server), so they suggest everything under the sun to divert your attention away from what really matters. I, nor Trollborn, are against many of the suggestions here, we're just not stupid enough to concur with them all when they are minor, and much less important than fixing bugs, content, and staff participation.

You've been trolled sir.
completely haven't been trolled... far too smart for that. I left the server before: 1) hololost was banned 2) dragons were exploited (actually i left right after mage swords were used on first dragon) 3) server dipped below 150 pop

I have been around enough... since day one. Was one of the first ones to plow through level 1-20. I voluntarily came back AFTER holo had been banned and pop dropped low to see if it was really worth playing... and after 3 months or so of playing on a server where you could hear a pin drop... I don't think it is worth continuing. Although I am a masochist and will grind the last 5 levels.

But you are not actually talking towards any of my points, you are just saying, "i think therefore listen to me."

This server was built on shaky ground, and no matter how many patches you apply, it is still built on an unstable foundation. Why not start fresh and merge?

Also, trollborn is not a voice of logic, he is the mirror reflection of Lethdar/insert random hololost troll. He cycles on and off my ignore list.

The relaunch and merge idea came from me a while back (use search function), so I haven't been trolled by anyone. You do realize it is not just "Nihilum vs. Hololost forum trolls" right? Other people exist too...
Old 08-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Banned

Destin definitely caught up in a life mission to repeat the same shit on a random shitty forum forever.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:19 PM
Planar Protector

There isn't any opinion I haven't voiced on this forum without substantiation, so obviously as smart as you think you are, you've lost your own objectivity.

A merge at this point is pointless. The people who've played here for almost 10 months want something else. 100s of players that quit along the way after accomplishing everything they could, also would come back for content. So yes, suggesting we wait 4-5 months to create another server at this point, is foolish.

Furthermore, none of those ideas even have a remote chance of being implemented, so yes, wasting time discussing them is just that - waste of time. It doesn't serve to help the server in any way to entertain stuff like that.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There isn't any opinion I haven't voiced on this forum without substantiation, so obviously as smart as you think you are, you've lost your own objectivity.
what? I am not objective because I haven't read all your forum posts yet ask you to actually attack my statements if you think they are wrong?

Quote:
A merge at this point is pointless. The people who've played here for almost 10 months want something else. 100s of players that quit along the way after accomplishing everything they could, also would come back for content. So yes, suggesting we wait 4-5 months to create another server at this point, is foolish.
THE 100s who quit were not because of content... where are you getting your numbers. The only triple digits who quit were because of guard assist, resists, and disgust with exploits. Content (Kunark) will definitely bring back 50-100 people. But after a month or two (who knows maybe three?) it will be back under 100.

Whoever said waiting 4-5 months to create a server? I am saying create it now and merge with existing Red 99. No, not foolish.

Quote:
Furthermore, none of those ideas even have a remote chance of being implemented, so yes, wasting time discussing them is just that - waste of time. It doesn't serve to help the server in any way to entertain stuff like that.
They have a chance of happening because they are completely non-destructive to the server and if we keep talking about them, maybe someone will listen. They would bring in TONS of new players... don't you actually want that? A wipe is retarded. But a relaunch would refresh the player base which is Red 99's key problem.

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE the population to really pick up, but it is better to be proactive about it rather than sitting around saying, "hopefully kunark brings more people (/crosses fingers, /rubs rabbit foot)." I have recruited 3 people to play here, they all love the exp rate, but they have all quit after saying it is like a ghost town and that they wished they could play from a server launch!
Old 08-01-2012, 11:51 PM
Planar Protector

Didn't attack your statements, just sayin those ideas are a waste of time contemplating, shit isn't happening. There wont be a wipe. There wont be a parallel red99 do over server. There wont be a merge to said server.

In other news

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-01-2012, 11:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by uras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you think this is a sign that we need a wipe or serious changes? No rogean does not see a problem with a server with a high pop of 29 at peak hours.
it went from 300+ to nothing, and there is a reason for it. I laugh at all the people still playing on this server. I wont play unless there is a complete wipe.
this
Old 08-02-2012, 12:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Destin definitely caught up in a life mission to repeat the same shit on a random shitty forum forever.
Amuk (stasis) caught up in a life mission to find an EQ emu he can win.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:48 AM
Planar Protector

Unhappy

Quote:
For all your many scholarly accomplishments you frequently boast, you never mastered reading comprehension.

I never spoke against yt or any of those other features, only said they were manufactured reasons to pvp and unnecessary when theres content to compete over.
Pretty hilarious that you critique my comprehension then mistakenly infer from my comparison of your logic to wolframs logic regarding yt that you are against yt.