Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 08:46 PM
Planar Protector

Plz get rid of unclassic pet window and unclassic custom UIs

Thanks devs!
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 09-11-2019, 09:52 PM
Sarnak

Ive used a few remade classic UIs that worked pretty well on widescreen. If we were limited to these it wouldnt be that bad. Although If they make only 1 chat window available its going to be rough. Im fine without pet windows but the clunky old UI is a no from me dawg.
Old 09-11-2019, 10:44 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I made hotkeys by clicking and dragging from the pet window, but when I zone they disappear. Is this intended?
Old 09-11-2019, 11:45 PM
Orc

The removal of the hotbars seems too drastic after years of having them. It was fine 20 years ago when most people probably clicked their skills and spells, but now it feels like we're being forced into playing a much crappier version of the game. When it comes to keeping things classic I don't think QOL things should apply when we're all playing on modern hardware.
Old 09-12-2019, 12:19 AM
Sarnak

Default This patch didn't bring back my menu button.

This patch didn't bring back my menu button. I think maybe the giant everquest logo that functioned as a menu button counts as a window? So since it's a non-classic window it's gone? However it is a titanium client window, and a window that does things like say, let you set the resolution of the game, something that a game cannot really work without... AND on top of that you can just hit alt-o and that still works...

Might wanna bring the menu button back?

Oh also totally unrelated to the patch, but on my new 1440p monitor I have to set everquest to 1280x800 resolution in order to get it to appear roughly 1080p in a window.

I used to have everquest set to 1600x900 on my old 1080p monitor (and choosing 1600x900 on p99 on my 1440p monitor ends up making the window roughly 1980x1360).

It's weird behavior, and it doesn't effect my negatively at all now that I'm aware of it, but it is very bizarre to me.

The only reason I mention the resolution issue at all is that massively decreasing my resolution setting in game has resulted in many of my ui's windows being moved around (default/velious/duxa/anyofthemonanycharacter). So it's possible the resolution change just hid my menu and I don't know how to get it back. It is quite weird though that getting a higher resolution monitor, 40% more lines caused me to have to set my in game resolution to roughly 20% fewer lines to take up roughly the same amount of screen space.... resulting in a massive magnification effect for all UI elements.... when every other UI element in every other software shrinks when you get a higher quality monitor....

If none of this makes sense, I do have a guess that microsoft windows text size scaling is what's effecting EQ, it doesn't effect any non-windows programs other than EQ though, that would be a pretty amazing feature, since I think the feature was added to windows after titanium came out...
Last edited by dbouya; 09-12-2019 at 12:22 AM..
Old 09-12-2019, 03:04 AM
Planar Protector

Press ALT-O to get to options.

It's not hard.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:07 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubyen13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
anyone else having issues unzipping it? i get error unknown format from winrar
Try 7zip mate and see if that works better for ya. Hope this helps. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.7-zip.org/
Old 09-12-2019, 03:13 AM
Orc

What classic UI did all you use? I am asking because I have only ever found two that actually half way worked and they both get xml errors and not all the windows even show up properly. lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-12-2019, 11:13 AM
Large Rat

I have one serious question. Why are some of you asking for the classic UI. The one where you have to stare at your spellbook while medding. WHY, WHY, WHY. This obsession with the classic era has gone beyond sensibility. The old ui SUCKED. Staring at your spellbook was HORRIBLE. It was a flat out miracle when they introduced velious ui.
Old 09-12-2019, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaartibartfast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have one serious question. Why are some of you asking for the classic UI. The one where you have to stare at your spellbook while medding. WHY, WHY, WHY. This obsession with the classic era has gone beyond sensibility. The old ui SUCKED. Staring at your spellbook was HORRIBLE. It was a flat out miracle when they introduced velious ui.
Sadomasochism. But one could just as easily ask the same question of other features. Why is there no MELODY for Bards? WHY, WHY, WHY. Having to twist songs actually has been shown to cause slight injuries IRL. What's the point of hybrid XP penalties? If anything, those penalties should have been applied to SOLO classes. You know, the ones that don't ever have to GROUP? The ones that can CHARM and GATE to avoid dying. This makes no logical sense whatsoever. And NIGHT BLINDNESS? What's the point of playing a game where I can't see half of the time?! It's like that terrible fight sequence in GoT season 8.
Last edited by Ennewi; 09-12-2019 at 11:46 AM..
Closed Thread