Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 05:07 AM
Planar Protector

That's a mystery, but considering no matter how geared you are it is always difficult to mitigate yellows/reds I'd posit there is a cap that scales from level 1-50 too.

The link I posted suggests a couple of patterns the pre-51 caps might follow.
Old 08-20-2017, 03:18 AM
Fire Giant

Ok that means a warrior will have much better use of being twinked with ac than knight and rangers the first 50 levels
Old 08-20-2017, 03:27 AM
Planar Protector

I think it is more the case that after a while adding more AC doesn't really accomplish much. On a recent thread someone mentioned their nToV geared warrior they delevelled still struggled to mitigate against high cons.
Old 08-23-2017, 09:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
289 is just the cap for level 60. The cap is lower at lower levels, i.e you only needed 163 to cap out at 51.

We're in Velious now too. Skyshrine armor or better is not an unrealistic expectation at 60, needing only 35 more AC to cap spread across 9-12 slots. Even with cobalt/thurg tier 65 AC across 10 slots isn't hard to cap.
So do we know if this is how AC works on P99?
Old 08-24-2017, 02:55 AM
Planar Protector

For all that, I'm pretty sure a dev mentioned they use the eqemu system (i.e. with shield bonus, returns after cap, etc), because all the mobs in this sim had already been balanced around that system and it would be a lot of effort to overhaul...

Basically /shrug, dunno. Probably not.

Maybe search old threads and pm a dev that took an interest in the topic and see if they will disclose juicy deets?
Old 08-24-2017, 05:59 AM
Planar Protector

AC beyond the soft cap (if one exists) still yields returns well enough that, for routine play, it is still worth prioritizing. There are obvious cases of when to drop AC for resists. At the bleeding edge where mitigation rates are poor enough and complete heals require a chain, hp could be argued to be preferable. At that level of play the good hp items are also generally the good AC items ... so it's a moot point.

For the group game, more AC means less healing required. Complete heal is more efficient with higher hp pools but even in the low 50s tank classes with buffs have more than enough to get the job done with an aggressive AC focus. Damage intake relative to hp pools of tanks still make healing a "once in a while" thing to do for the tank with complete heal. For situations without a cleric - mitigation wins undeniably.

If there is no soft cap and only a hard cap (doubtful on p99) ... AC to the cap followed by hp focus beyond.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 08-24-2017 at 06:04 AM..
Old 08-24-2017, 06:17 AM
Fire Giant

Are there different damage mitigation tables for different classes, besides differences in gained AC?
Closed Thread