Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2019, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgb65202 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which newbie zones will be me most open? The Erudite area? Warrens is hot, but most people like me don't want to be an Erudite. Same for gnomes, I dont like ugly little gnomes. I would imagine Befallen will be jampacked.
Maybe the Qeynos area will be best for finding mobs? Blackburrow will probably be packed too.
Which class can level the fastest in a saturated low level environment like this?
The Warrens won't be released until later. I predict Erudites will migrate North for the winter Blackburrow, just as they did in classic.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:44 PM
Fire Giant

Feerrott is actually an amazing newbie zone if it's crowded. All the dangerous shit is separated by the river and there's a bunch of great camps similar to the orc camps in EC. Just far away from everyone but Ogres and Trolls
Old 04-28-2019, 06:37 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Feerrott is actually an amazing newbie zone if it's crowded. All the dangerous shit is separated by the river and there's a bunch of great camps similar to the orc camps in EC. Just far away from everyone but Ogres and Trolls
I was leaning ogre shaman anyway, so it wont take much encouragement for to do that.
There will probably be a wait list to get into Guk, I am sure though.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:53 PM
Kobold

how many deaths will be caused by fatties blocking hallways in guk?
Old 04-29-2019, 11:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They really should take advantage of the massive pent-up demand for a new server by launching with some sort of PvP ruleset. Teams would be amazing, or even if they just had some sort of level 50+ PvP enabled to allow guilds to dispute raid issues through direct combat (the fact that so many people describe the current raid scene as "competition" is hilarious to me, it would be like people describing the idiotic behavior of camping out overnight on the street outside of stores before Black Friday as "competitive shopping").

A lot of people are hesitant to try PvP but would grudgingly do so if it meant they got to start on a fresh server. And they would find it's not so bad, and actually adds a huge amount of additional flavor to EQ, in addition to naturally alleviating a lot of the bullsh*t that occurs with a bottleneck of high-end content.

I would love a racial PvP server (I played on Tallon Zek Kunark to PoP) but but with some balance changes from classic, imo.

There would also need to be a mechanism to stop cross-racial (especially light + dark races) guilds from dominating the server (see: Pandemonium guild from Tallon Zek). The gear and progression that was opened up for those guilds made it very difficult to have balanced guild vs guild PvP as one guild just entirely dominated the rest because they were not following racial pvp rules and could progress faster through raid content than the other guilds. Another problem in classic was that PvP was not well balanced (casters, druids especially, dominated). Although I havent played on Red to know to what degree PvP has been balanced. Maybe these issues have been and will be addressed?

However, by far the best thing about Tallon Zek was the dynamic that PvP brought to end-game raiding. By far one of the best aspects of racial PvP servers was having to actually fight another guild for the ability to kill a raid mob). And even at the micro level, to fight another player over a camp or for the ability to level in a dungeon (you had many evil and non=evil leveling areas). I was in an Iksar only guild (Ancient Blood) which did weekly PvP raids into LoIO, which was an absolute blast and led to some extremely fun battles. It really broke the monotony of the xp grind and brings a whole new dynamic to the game.

If green were made racial PvP with better/additional balance than classic, I would be there in a heartbeat.
Last edited by walfreyydo; 04-29-2019 at 11:33 AM..
Old 04-29-2019, 11:22 AM
Large Bat

All these negative Nancies out here "waaahhh green won't be what you think it is, it will be what i think it is whaaaaaaaa". Is anyone else excited to hunt in Runneyeye rolling deep with a gang of halflings in cloth armor and rusty weapons?
Old 04-29-2019, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All these negative Nancies out here "waaahhh green won't be what you think it is, it will be what i think it is whaaaaaaaa". Is anyone else excited to hunt in Runneyeye rolling deep with a gang of halflings in cloth armor and rusty weapons?
I did that once as a young halfling. An experienced, but unequipped, veteran Leatherfoot Raider gathered a group of us young halflings. He stank of jum, but promised riches. Runnyeye Citadel.

We battled down through goblins, close to the king's throneroom. The veteran halfling was unerringly familiar with the dungeon as if he had made the trip many times before.

Suddenly we were ambushed by a group of elite goblins. I hid but the other young ones bravely fought and died. The naked veteran stinking of jum looked at the barrel behind which I as hiding and gave a wry grin before disappearing in a blue explosion which I now know indicates a resurrection.

The only evidence of the haggard old dog's sortie into runnyeye was graffiti left on the wall alongside the corpses of the youngsters. It read "Filbus was here".
Old 04-29-2019, 12:35 PM
Kobold

You are correct, but like the guy posted earlier those that want to just play fresh EQ are going to have fun.

Old 04-29-2019, 12:42 PM
Sarnak

People need to stop considering playing EQ a competition these days.
1) The only competition there is, is how much time you're willing to spend and nothing else. You don't amass riches and kill dragons because you're making science out of EQ and improving your skills. You do because you spend time.
2) Unless you're willing to quit real life, you will lose the time competition, because there are people around that did quit real life.

Thus, don't even join the competition. Just enjoy the game. Enjoy the orc camp groups, the crocodile quality time in Oasis. Cherrish the South Karana spire gnolls or the beauty of kiting that damn treant around the druid ring.

You'll have the best of your times by just not playing their game, but having fun.
Old 04-29-2019, 12:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Polished granite tomahawk / dragoon dirk or any of the blackened alloy from runnyeye and a full set of banded will be the business!
No blackened alloy until Runneye gets revamped. Really, lack of IBC, Blackened Alloy and racial armor blacksmithing are probably going to be the biggest changes between leveling up in ALS and leveling up on Green in the beginning.

Polished granite tomahawk/dragoon dirk is a solid combo though. Very classic. I myself used dragoon dirk/gladius as my weapons until the high 20's, and I'm looking forward to that feeling of finding gear like that again.

Brutechopper also a solid choice, will be amusing to see people do Lynuga for her common drop; a ~130 plat magic 0.32 ratio 2 hander is solid in classic for early leveling.
Last edited by 7thGate; 04-29-2019 at 12:54 PM..
Closed Thread