Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2019, 05:05 AM
Sarnak

Interesting to see some people dismiss Rangers, and others rep them.
Old 04-28-2019, 10:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Interesting to see some people dismiss Rangers, and others rep them.
It really depends on how long the fight is.

BFG + Trueshot + Good arrows should get you near the top on some fights that don't last long.
Old 04-28-2019, 12:12 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Lots of talking in this thread. The answer to your question - Rogue. They top every single fight in the game, period. Charmed pets are extremely situational and very dangerous / annoying. Enchanters can out damage Rogues on AoW, sure...if they're not dead. And what happens if they die? Their pet starts attacking Clerics. Super useful.

Rogue is the answer.
Last edited by Dark_Magic; 04-28-2019 at 12:16 PM..
Old 04-28-2019, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

The actual answer is who cares? Everyone is massively over geared. If you care about parses go play wow or something.
Old 04-29-2019, 01:23 PM
Sarnak

Rangers can be very high on parses where the can stand outside debilitating AOEs or there is wonky hitbox stuff/unstable mob positioning going on as well. I've seen a ranger parse at 6.8k damage in a sky queen bee fight where the next three were all rogues at 1.8 to 1.6k respectively. We had an early death touch and a bad pickup post DT, which resulted in a lot of movement and difficult to follow positioning as she buzzed around and killed her way through eight to ten people before the cheal chain stabilized on a tank that could handle her. All that movement combined with her floaty hit box messed with melee dps considerably, but was completely irrelevant to arrows.

You can also stand outside of dragon breath weapons and AOE fear with a ranger as long as you've got and exquisite velium bow or better. Depending on what that dragon is, that can matter a ton for DPS purposes.
Old 04-29-2019, 01:42 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomeCaptain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You asked for raid stuff, but here's a response based on general groups I've experienced while leveling (I don't have a 60).

Similar to the raid responses I reckon.

Charming Enchanters in first.
Rogues and twinked monks behind that.
Good Mages, and then
Melee twinks.
Never level with Wizzies?
Old 04-30-2019, 12:47 AM
Planar Protector

Has anyone ever posted about how precision never meant in classic 100% hit rate?
Old 04-30-2019, 02:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has anyone ever posted about how precision never meant in classic 100% hit rate?
I've heard precision disc is non-classic here, it was meant to be the opposite of evasive, not 100% hit rate. Might be worth another trip to the bug forum today.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1asdfasdf1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never level with Wizzies?
That's basically why I didn't mention them.

Wizard is my second favorite class I reckon, maybe most favorite.

But I haven't see many leveling.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I was curious so I double checked...there were 7 rogues and two charmed pets on that one, looks like it was 128 second fight. Wizard doesn't show on the parse, but topped the charmed wolf by 4k damage and the closest rogue by 6.
It's really easy to figure out your total damage on a bane target as a wizard. You just look in your bags and see how many peridots you burned through, then multiply that by 1000. Wizards may not show up on parses but they are doing a lot of damage behind the scenes.
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Closed Thread