Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2019, 05:31 PM
Banned

chardok 2.0 should have never been included on p99. It existed solely to prep melee for luclin.
Old 07-06-2019, 09:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is a few numbers in an array though.

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob...tack.cpp#L4537

Also, the reason why the patches get delayed is purely political reasons imposed by Daybreak, as far as I know?
Exactly! If you read the patch notes, and the conversations on the boards from back then, they put knights onto warriors combat table (so things like 2hs don't cap at 235 but rather 255?) and monks got special 55 / 60 combat tables. So, basically, just give knights the warrior combat skill levels?

And for Loramin, telling me to be patient. Bro, look at my forum acct. 2010. I've been around here for 9 years. That is pretty damn patient, I would say.
Old 07-08-2019, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaroast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
chardok 2.0 should have never been included on p99. It existed solely to prep melee for luclin.
Agreed but it seems to be a very minority opinion around here. The whole thing seems totally out of place to me.
Old 07-08-2019, 11:43 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think you guys are overestimating just how much a minor change to knight offensives will do anything. It really isn't going to do as much as you are hoping it will.

Also, there are no spell changes coming. Those changes are already in the game per Nilbog (Mobs that need to be immune to something are already specifically immune to it without an artificially high MR to make it so).

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 07-08-2019, 11:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you guys are overestimating just how much a minor change to knight offensives will do anything. It really isn't going to do as much as you are hoping it will.

Also, there are no spell changes coming. Those changes are already in the game per Nilbog (Mobs that need to be immune to something are already specifically immune to it without an artificially high MR to make it so).
@Pint
Old 07-08-2019, 12:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkmarino [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
October 8, 2001 - Patch Notes

Please! Please! Please!

Melee Changes
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...26/unknown.png

Magic System Changes
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...96/unknown.png
I believe all weapons including rogue daggers have already been upgraded and spell crits was an AA from Luclin so won't be on p99.
Old 07-08-2019, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Honestly if anything the 'last patch' is just a nerf to rangers. They already mitigate well enough in one third decent gear. Upping their avoidance is just going to reduce the dps they do via damage shield!!
Old 07-08-2019, 02:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:

Most people I know are way more excited about triple attack for monks. Can you confirm/deny if that's coming? Monks are so dang weak right now... who would even want to play a monk without triple attack?! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also you said there's no spell changes coming but I think you misspoke because Target Group Buff is real and strong and my friend, and it'll be here any day now
Old 07-08-2019, 02:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
The patch notes mentioned a message about spell immunity if you cast a spell they're immune to. Is this already in and just incredibly rare?
Old 07-08-2019, 02:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DromalPhrenia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also you said there's no spell changes coming but I think you misspoke because Target Group Buff is real and strong and my friend, and it'll be here any day now
True, Target Group Buff was technically pre-luclin correct? Though it was not in the Chardok patch.
Closed Thread