Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Trading Hub

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

I am now the owner of this account...the guy somewhat scammed me, removing about half of the droppables on the account, including gebs, djarns ring, obulus death shroud, 4 tink bags (was only 3 on the account)....i talked on the phone with this guy for about 30 minutes before making the transaction. I dont know why he did what he did, but it happened. At least I was able to get the account and change all info over...he took about 40-50k worth of gear to sum it up...he lied to me and for that is a piece of shit.

The necro is awesome though, but the transaction left a bad taste in my mouth after what he did.

Oh yea there was no resist gear either on the toon...all i can say is karma is a biatch.
Last edited by skorge; 10-18-2011 at 09:46 AM..
Old 10-18-2011, 10:06 AM
Sarnak

That sucks to hear... I'd like to know the toons name if you wouldn't mind giving it out so I can maybe reference his alts to it.. Or if you know his alts or any other toons names please post
Old 10-18-2011, 11:13 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...he took about 40-50k worth of gear to sum it up...he lied to me and for that is a piece of shit.
I wonder why people think they can get away with stuff like this. I'd be more concerned with the type of reputation a person like this soils a char with than the plat loss though. Anyone who would attempt a scam like this is bound to have left a trail of also-scammed in his wake.
Eldest 60 Iksar
Old 10-18-2011, 11:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exeno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That sucks to hear... I'd like to know the toons name if you wouldn't mind giving it out so I can maybe reference his alts to it.. Or if you know his alts or any other toons names please post
Slapen was his name.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Slapen was his name.
Yea I wasn't going to say it but yea that's it; and to me, it's the whole principal of the situation behind it...

I guess he took it because he thought that I wouldn't be so upset about him taking 50k or so of value in items but it's the principal of the whole thing that matters the most to me. It's just lame and pathetic to pull that shit, I even tried calling him back a couple of times and no answer lol.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:43 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
to me, it's the whole principal of the situation behind it...
Principal schmincipal. Guy typed up a list of items, you put a plat offer on that list, guy delivered a different list. That's a bald-faced bait-and-switch, and if that's not a strip-your-ass-of-every-plat-you've-ever-made offense, it damn sure ought to be.
Eldest 60 Iksar
Old 10-18-2011, 11:50 AM
Kobold

Just post his number here, we'll take care of it.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:51 AM
Sarnak

Yeah, I had a run-in with this guy at some camp and he was a huge dickhead. He threatened to have me banned and asked "IF I KNEW WHO HE WAS"... the answer, according to him, was "the best necro on the server" whatever that means. Anyways, good luck to him on his guide application!
Old 10-18-2011, 11:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Principal schmincipal. Guy typed up a list of items, you put a plat offer on that list, guy delivered a different list. That's a bald-faced bait-and-switch, and if that's not a strip-your-ass-of-every-plat-you've-ever-made offense, it damn sure ought to be.
Easy enough to track: Since this was a trade for items/pp, the buyer gave the items to *some* toon ingame, right?
Old 10-18-2011, 12:11 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
I am now the owner of this account...the guy somewhat scammed me, removing about half of the droppables on the account, including gebs, djarns ring, obulus death shroud, 4 tink bags (was only 3 on the account)....i talked on the phone with this guy for about 30 minutes before making the transaction. I dont know why he did what he did, but it happened. At least I was able to get the account and change all info over...he took about 40-50k worth of gear to sum it up...he lied to me and for that is a piece of shit.

The necro is awesome though, but the transaction left a bad taste in my mouth after what he did.

Oh yea there was no resist gear either on the toon...all i can say is karma is a biatch.

was his number a CT area code? if so i bet its that RMTrader that got called out on this forum.
Closed Thread