Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 01:46 AM
Fire Giant

oh lord, please dont get all this isnt classic or RMT bullshit on this. This is an emu server and this is an amazing way to spread the word about this great project and to help back it.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:48 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lots of stuff you can do in Velious even with raid mobs depopped to gain a distinct advantage. Off the top of my head:
  • Stormfeather.
  • Plank, etc. for BFG.
  • Log out a mage at WW/Zlandicar (or anywhere) to coth a raid force in when Velious launches for everyone.
  • Skyshrine key, CS portal key.
  • Make and distribute Thurg pots.
  • Camp valuable loot, including stuff like Holgresh Elder Beads and Velium Amulets.
  • Get your warriors/clerics in full quest gear to make day 1 raiding much easier.
  • Farm spells for your guild to have on day 1.

And so on. This is a pretty big advantage for something that doesn't even begin until the $100 price point.

I'm not a fan of exp pots and the raffle items at all, but I'm much more ok with them than the early Velious access.
Smart dude here. its obvious common sense but as we see from so many posters, sense is not so common.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh lord, please dont get all this isnt classic or RMT bullshit on this. This is an emu server and this is an amazing way to spread the word about this great project and to help back it.
Hardly a GREAT project, a decent idea at best. These motherfuckers are keen to promise a lot of things, but rarely deliver fully
Old 02-02-2014, 01:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do this, so it will be hilarious when you find out you're bound at EC tunnel on day 1 velious.
Devs never said this would happen. I can only go by what was said, and that was that only raid mobs would be depopped. Even that is nebulous, will Lodizal be up? Will HoT/PoG trash be up?

Even so, get a Druid and a Mage CS portal keys, and they can easily go set up a coth chain while the rest of your raid force moves towards WW, then coth straight to whatever raid mob you want (probably Zlandicar).
Last edited by Byrjun; 02-02-2014 at 01:54 AM..
Old 02-02-2014, 01:56 AM
Aviak

dat pay 2 win. Gotta love it. Def not classic. Smed Cash shop implemented WAY after release. ~12 years after.

Not classic.

Mabash <Straight Outta Oggok>
Madeline <Hand of Tonomar>
Old 02-02-2014, 01:58 AM
Orc

P1999 players are really complaining about this? Pantheon is going to be the thing we've all be clamoring for and it's great that the devs here are showing support for it. You don't want to get the XP bonuses because it feels like pay-to-win? Then don't login for that period. You won't be missed.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P1999 players are really complaining about this? Pantheon is going to be the thing we've all be clamoring for and it's great that the devs here are showing support for it. You don't want to get the XP bonuses because it feels like pay-to-win? Then don't login for that period. You won't be missed.
No one is saying that Pantheon sucks or that it doesn't deserve support. I'm all for P99 advertising for Pantheon, fuck it, put up a huge billboard of Brad McQuaid's face in Freeport.

But this is not the right way.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:01 AM
Sarnak

Stop crying there is no unfair advantages and you can always come here and cry for a tiered system rotation after if it dosent go the way to wanted.

Or call your mommy

whatever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-02-2014, 02:20 AM
Aviak

Love the idea. Getting spoiled by supporting a great game, I am in for all that. I dont see it as a pay 2 win. Besides, who won in EverQuest? We are all winners [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Raised my backing. Guise on a level 1 SK would actually make me level it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Bakaris; 02-02-2014 at 02:31 AM..
Old 02-02-2014, 02:23 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

EXP pots aren't too big of a deal as long as its a one-time thing
Raffles should only be for no-drop vanity/fun items and not insanely valuable sellable items
Early Velious access should only be for the beta server, or at worst a few hours head start for the release

Just my humble opinion
Closed Thread