Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Consider Phinny. Scheduled raiding has been a blessing.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:19 PM
Sarnak

Free mobs vs more mobs

Your attitude is exactly why so many people have been dissuaded from this game, more specifically high end raiding. By enforcing the metric you prevent change.

If you see yourself wall staring in shifts (lol) 2-3 years into Velious lol, have at it. Changes now preserve sanity later.

To be clear im not saying give out handouts, there should still be FTE races. Personally i dont like the 1hr rule, but meh. Increased repops and reduced variance dont really negatively impact the server and help alleviate the issue.

Though honestly it will take much more than that for the servers raid scene to improve.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If this was done, wouldn't the new server be for the neckbeards? If yesterday showed anything it's that the neckbeards are a very small minority of the would be raiding population.
This guy really hates neckbeards for being just a "bystander".

The problem is guilds dont want to slowly progress. They want everything bc they know they "could kill it" but when it comes to taking down a raid boss while others are contesting, all bets are off and they fold unwilling to try.

There are 1 hr locks on mobs - each time you secure one and suceed you gain a little bit of progress and knowledge but rather than focusing on specific targets to continually upwards progress, you kill a bit of this and that and feel you deserve that experience any time you like without putting in the effort to improve and grow.

Nemce will remember me making these gripes years ago in Class R forums-we lose sight of the significance of the carrot when the stick is snapped in two and a short stub is handed over with a carrot in trex arms reach.
Last edited by Erati; 01-09-2017 at 03:31 PM..
Old 01-09-2017, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litigator [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Link didnt work, attached a smaller version of the file
Check which guild those CSG are from.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Consider Phinny. Scheduled raiding has been a blessing.
go fuck yourself and stop posting on P99 forums. You don't play here because Core BDA broke the P99 server rules. Your kind are not really welcome around here.
Get over yourself and your p99 addiction shit head.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This may come as a shock to you, but literally pretty much every non-neckbeard hates neckbeards. It's hardly a term of endearment.

And yes I'm a bystander as in I refuse to participate in the raid scene in the state that it's been since I began playing p99. I hold out hope that the raiding scene will change and the majority will win the day, thus I am rooting for the casuals. If it doesn't change, that's fine too it's Nillbog's server.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The problem is guilds dont want to slowly progress. They want everything bc they know they "could kill it" but when it comes to taking down a raid boss while others are contesting, all bets are off and they fold unwilling to try.

There are 1 hr locks on mobs - each time you secure one and suceed you gain a little bit of progress and knowledge but rather than focusing on specific targets to continually upwards progress, you kill a bit of this and that and feel you deserve that experience any time you like without putting in the effort to improve and grow.

Nemce will remember me making these gripes years ago in Class R forums-we lose sight of the carrot when the stick is snapped in two and a short stub is handed over with a carrot in trex arms reach.
Sure they gain little bits of progress and knowledge but they also have to sink resources/time into these gains against two well oiled machines that play EQ like it's their jobs. Eventually the little bits of progress stop coming or are so few and far between that the progressing guild stops progressing. This is what always happens. Plenty of guilds just said "fuck it" and found more sane shit to do. I took BDA to Phinny, a lot of people retired to Rustle because they already have most of their pixels, and dozens of other guilds just dissolved entirely because the p99 raid scene is absolutely fucking terrible.

There are not enough pixels for the amount of guilds on p99 that are able to do the content and the staff does not give two fucks about the casual player base. Vote with your feet you idiots. Stop banging your heads against this stupid fucking wall. Leaving all my cool stuff behind on p99 for Phinny was really hard, it was 5+ years of work, but scheduling raids with my friends made EQ actually fun. I traded all that stress for fun and I've never been happier with eq.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Last edited by arsenalpow; 01-09-2017 at 03:40 PM..
Old 01-09-2017, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

^Dude you don't play here,. fuck off.
And your goat.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:47 PM
Fire Giant

I don't even play P99, but I logged into ToV yesterday and saw over half a dozen guilds having a great time, with virtually zero poopsocking required.

I hope GM staff do something ASAP, for the good of the server. Velious isn't new any more, heck the Sleeper aint even sleeping, it's time for some change!
Old 01-09-2017, 03:55 PM
Kobold

This weekend is probably the best argument for a server split. Take 300+ raiders out of the mix and everyone's amazed that they get a better chance at content. It's a population problem, doesn't matter what guilds are at the top.
Closed Thread