Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 06:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this weekend has been highly enjoyable to see guilds from all over take on content they didnt know they could succeed at and never really had the opportunity to learn - fully agree.

anyone who thinks A/A is sitting around gritting our teeth and pounding sand after each corpse is linked is way off base...

There is probably a middle ground somewhere where the two extremes co-exist bc it just seems laughable that making this server 'non competative' is what the vast majority want bc there will always be a tiny sense of selfishness within each and every entity we have here. They just have to realize the breaking points.
You can be greedy and non unhealthy tho with make believe competition and 4am batphones. you can also be fair and meet in the middle. there is no middle atm tho.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This weekend has done a lot to show just how disconnected a/a is from the rest of us. Do you realize that outside of a/a very few people have seen all of these mobs? I dont think you do.

You're seeing these 120+ zerg forces because the content has been monopolized since launch by a handful of players so there's a backed up demand, plus players not in a/a flat out arent as prepared for these encounters. Dont have the gear or the experience. The more the merrier imo as long as the server isnt crashing.

Nobody wants to race for anything. Its awful. How anyone can consider that to be an acceptable final solution to a problem is beyond my comprehension. You want me to stand, looking at a wall, spamming a pet macro, for 3-4 hours, against 10 other people? You think a brand new guild is going to provide a dozen people, working in shifts, to race against you for two months until they learn how to compete?** There is no reward high enough for FTE getters to pay them back for the work they are doing.

**Even if we learn to compete history shows it wont be fair. look back at the past year's raid suspensions. We're competing against people who get suspended several times a year for cheating.
Kinda ironic since all CSG wanted was to dungeon crawl, they had the opportunity to do it yesterday but even they couldn't get their 120+ people to commit to crawling. Considering that the racing implementation was directly because of CSG bitching about Cory pulling it's kinda funny that even the vocal, yet uninformed, CSG members are still complaining about racing. And you're not competeing, CSG has still never bothered to try and compete lol.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveeauxfour [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can we have the option at char creation to get full bis characters?
Clearly this is what everyone is arguing for and the inevitable conclusion. You saved everyone here and staff alike a great deal of time by cutting right to it. Thank you for your insightful suggestion.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:39 PM
Sarnak

Posted this elsewhere, posting it agian, cuz i think it would be fun and cater to all sorts.

So many 'solutions'. Soooo the ultimate solution = use all the solutions !

Every 3 months <or insert arbitrary number here> the raid scene changes:

Phase 1 : Race for FTE (current rules)
Phase 2 : DPS battle, No FTE - you get xp you get the loot
Phase 3 : Fighting to mobs on spawn spot only (remember leapfroggin? classic as fuck)
Phase 4 : Full on no CSR PvP Train wars (gms get a break after the insane lawyering from 1,2&3)
Phase 5 : Rotations (gms get a another break after the insane lawyering from 1,2&3)

No need for the silly long variance we currently have either. Win win !

ps fuck mage fte, that shits dumber than the rest of the dumb shit.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should we count the number of raid infractions that happened over the past few days? You act like A/A are the only ones who make mistakes. On the contrary, they are the only ones to petition each other.
you're also right about variance quakes.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugaman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, after greatly enjoying my time on P99 over this last weekend I figured I better come here and read the posts. Some of you know me, others Im sure don't have a clue who the hell I am or why they should even care about my opinion, I barely come to the Forums these days since they are generally toxic and cause division in our community via the RnFs section but I've been playing toons on P99 since Dec 2009 so I thought of it as my responsibility to come and absorb this post by reading everything, then give my two cents.

This weekend was a huge success for the community, content was even given out to guilds who weren't initially involved in the split, for those who think it was just 3 guilds controlling all the content you are wrong. CSG is an alliance of 3 guilds, FoH actually repesents Venerate and Anonymous as well on that list and Rustle stands alone but somtimes brings Infernus along for the ride and Big ups to them for doing so I say!

I've been in big / top guilds and competed here, tracked mobs and poopsocked for hours on end, sure there is a thrill in downing content as soon as it pops, being there first and claiming all the pixels for your guild, I can't deny that as someone who has partaken. However I don't think any of that can outweigh just hanging out and having fun with your friends, which is what happened this weekend for everyone in the endgame community with the exemption of our banned friends. Thats right, I call alot of A / A my friends.

If you don't think what happened this weekend was in the best interest of the server and our community I'm just befuddled by that train of thought, maybe I've been on P99 too long but its the only MMOrpg I want to play and I know I'm not the only one who feels that way. In short, I really don't understand why we can't make the server a better place where people without a competition mentality can enjoy the raid scene too.

Either way, see you at ToV next weekend mates ;D
Agreed!
Old 01-09-2017, 07:29 PM
Fire Giant

All of these people crying for a server split, go play Phinny.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugaman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, after greatly enjoying my time on P99 over this last weekend I figured I better come here and read the posts. Some of you know me, others Im sure don't have a clue who the hell I am or why they should even care about my opinion, I barely come to the Forums these days since they are generally toxic and cause division in our community via the RnFs section but I've been playing toons on P99 since Dec 2009 so I thought of it as my responsibility to come and absorb this post by reading everything, then give my two cents.

This weekend was a huge success for the community, content was even given out to guilds who weren't initially involved in the split, for those who think it was just 3 guilds controlling all the content you are wrong. CSG is an alliance of 3 guilds, FoH actually repesents Venerate and Anonymous as well on that list and Rustle stands alone but somtimes brings Infernus along for the ride and Big ups to them for doing so I say!

I've been in big / top guilds and competed here, tracked mobs and poopsocked for hours on end, sure there is a thrill in downing content as soon as it pops, being there first and claiming all the pixels for your guild, I can't deny that as someone who has partaken. However I don't think any of that can outweigh just hanging out and having fun with your friends, which is what happened this weekend for everyone in the endgame community with the exemption of our banned friends. Thats right, I call alot of A / A my friends.

If you don't think what happened this weekend was in the best interest of the server and our community I'm just befuddled by that train of thought, maybe I've been on P99 too long but its the only MMOrpg I want to play and I know I'm not the only one who feels that way. In short, I really don't understand why we can't make the server a better place where people without a competition mentality can enjoy the raid scene too.

Either way, see you at ToV next weekend mates ;D
Well said!
Old 01-09-2017, 07:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky_kc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All of these people crying for a server split, go play Phinny.
Time to make </A/>
Old 01-09-2017, 07:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is why random jury system is pretty fucked up - youll poll from people who have ingrained innate bias towards another group and allow their predetrmined emotions to filter into the case without even looking at the evidence.

If you think a 30 day raid ban for a free game is 'fair' for a minimum punishment here taking into consideration most these violations are made up after examining hours of recorded Everquest raiding footage frame by frame, then you need to adjust your morale compass.

10 Day blanket raid ban has been the harshest penalty to date and its insane this is not enough blood for the casuals lol
Agreed. However without knowing the full story or history of the p99 raid scene or how it's handled for anyone inquiring on what's 'in store' for them, all one has to do is just read guild and raid discussion. That's it. (RNF is just pure work comedy gold) It's the first thing I did. Nothing but raid suspension, more rule clarifications/verifications, surrendering, and conceding all from the same frequent flyers every time, all the time.

I understand the spirit of competition, we all do. No one is looking for handouts. You try, you fail, you learn. But after this weekends outcome, how in the fuck has there not been some sort of rotation? Not every guild can do ToV, some probably don't give a rats ass. I just don't understand the level of absurdity. I really don't.
Closed Thread