Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

IMO you should just allow the banishment spell for mages to give those sans epic pet a shot.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was really looking forward to competing in the mage BotB but now that you are allowing epic pets there is basically no reason for anyone without the epic to attempt to enter the competition. You had previously set the rules as not allowing the epic pet because of this very reason. For the last month I have gone ahead in good faith and been assiduously arming my mage accordingly.

Now suddenly they are allowed, and anyone without a spare 200,000pp or in one of the giant guilds need not apply. I would just like to say to you Ambrotos, there goes thousands and thousands of platinum and hours and days of work based on the rules you had originally posted. Not only have you cost me that, but now it's completely pointless to enter the competition that I had so been looking forward to.

Congratulations mage BotB winner, you're the best mage who owns an epic. Many others would have had a very good shot at it.
Although I would've expressed this more politely, I also disagree with allowing the epic pet. It gives an enormous advantage to whoever has it, and the majority of mages 54+ don't have access to it. It requires a drop from Innoruuk who's tracked 24/7 and killed within minutes of spawning. Some mages outside of the top two guilds have an epic, but that's because they were lucky enough to get the earth staff from inny kills before epics were released and the mob wasn't as highly contested. I can't imagine a mage without an epic winning against a mage who has one since they have no CC spells and the epic pet is clearly better than all the others.
I'm not just saying this because I'm in a smaller guild, since at least four of our mages have epics. I just think it would seriously imbalance the tournament, and if it wasn't allowed on Live, it shouldn't be allowed here.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 08-09-2012, 03:21 PM
VIP / Contributor

Good points. I will fall back in not allowing the epic pet to be used just like how it was on live. Although the time line for kunark on this server has been many months more than live, I will reverse my decision and keep that major aspect from the live Mage botb.
If every single mage that enters has their epic, I will most likely allow it.

No potions
Last edited by Ambrotos; 08-09-2012 at 03:33 PM..
Old 08-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Kobold

Default Monk BotB: Further consideration and clarification requested.

I am a little confused about the Monk BotB. No matter what rules you impose, some monks will have an advantage. That's just the way the world works. But I think some items need further consideration or clarification.

Fists vs. 1HBs vs. 2HBs: Allowing 1HBs but not 2HBs doesn't make much sense to me. Imho, you should just either keep it like the original BotB (fists only) or allow all weapon types and just say which weapons are specifically not allowed (i.e.: Tstaff). This will also allow monks more combat choices (joust vs. toe-to-toe). Fists put the monks on a mostly even weapon balance, 1HBs will weigh in favor of Wu Fists(rare)/stun weapons, 2HBs will weigh in favor of VP staff(rare)/IFS for jousting.
*Note - Bo Staff of Trorsmang: If you end up allowing 2HBs, will this be allowed? It is getting nerfed, but not by too much (unlike Blackstone Maul).
Epic proc: Monk epic is pretty available (i.e.: no specific guilds have a monopoly on this). Click was used in original BotB. I see no issue with allowing this. Also makes the fights go faster.

Robe of the whistling fists: Not sure about other servers, but on mine I don't think we knew about the effect stacking with epic so no one really got both. Which is probably why you don't see it in video. Odd to allow epic proc but not robe proc, though I don't see this as a big deal.

Range weapons: What will be the stance on this regardless of allowing 1HBs or 2HBS? Probably isn't a big deal, but 100 damage shurikens can hurt. I don't want to be disqualified if I toss one.
Chimeran - 36 DE Enchanter
<The Mystical Order>
Old 08-09-2012, 04:10 PM
VIP / Contributor

The weapons for monks was just fists during botb. There was some different view points with the few staff members I talked to. Like I said, it maybe just restricted to no weapons, just fists. I would rather this, since that is what it was on the live botb.

On the video there is no Robe. It was also stated that monks were allowed to use epic. This is why that is allowed. So I am going with no robe.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrotos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good points. I will fall back in not allowing the epic pet to be used just like how it was on live. Although the time line for kunark on this server has been many months more than live, I will reverse my decision and keep that major aspect from the live Mage botb.
If every single mage that enters has their epic, I will most likely allow it.

No potions
in order to be "The Arch Mage" i would THINK having an epic is a pre-req....non epic mages jelly!
Old 08-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekniq [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in order to be "The Arch Mage" i would THINK having an epic is a pre-req....non epic mages jelly!
I have to agree with this. It's best of the best - sometimes the best have things others don't. If you want it to be totally fair, you'd have to strip all the Mages and let them punch eachother to death.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

If you're truly the best, you should be able to beat the non-epic mages without using an epic pet. Also, you still benefit just from having the resists/hp/mana that the Orb gives, you just shouldn't be allowed to right click it because it creates an insurmountable advantage for (mostly) the people who happen to be in the guilds that are willing to track Inny 24/7 and kill him minutes after he spawns. There's nothing meritocratic about just having the epic, so it's not like you're discriminating against the most skilled mages. Also, I shouldn't have to repeat this but the Live botb didn't allow the epic pet. I'm not sure why this is even a question.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 08-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Orc

OK, I'll go along with that as long as focus staves aren't allowed as well. As Ambrotos said, epic Mages shouldn't be penalized for already turning these in to acquire their epic.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:53 AM
Orc

Default bard botb

Bard, Arentz Baboonheart, 59
Closed Thread