Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 01:43 PM
Sarnak

If you only got the courier to spawn 3 times you're not doing something right.

First, if you're a druid the courier can spawn, roam and get killed by a goblin before you even see him on track. You need to stay close to his spawn area and the area where he runs into danger near the corner of the lake.

Second, you're a druid, pull pretty much every roamer at once, and AE them down. It's easier just to kill everything that moves than remember what's a PH. This also makes it much easier to manage the first point above. You do the AE kill at the spawn point and then you won't miss it on track when stuff starts to repop.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by williestargell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you only got the courier to spawn 3 times you're not doing something right.

First, if you're a druid the courier can spawn, roam and get killed by a goblin before you even see him on track. You need to stay close to his spawn area and the area where he runs into danger near the corner of the lake.

Second, you're a druid, pull pretty much every roamer at once, and AE them down. It's easier just to kill everything that moves than remember what's a PH. This also makes it much easier to manage the first point above. You do the AE kill at the spawn point and then you won't miss it on track when stuff starts to repop.
The spawn time for this mob/ph is pretty fast. It might not be faster to gather everything for an AE then it would be to just track/kill the ph once you identify it.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The spawn time for this mob/ph is pretty fast. It might not be faster to gather everything for an AE then it would be to just track/kill the ph once you identify it.
He meant gather up all of the potential PH's, then aoe them down near the spawn points. Once something pops at the spawn, you know you have the right PH and can just kill that.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dethbringre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually I didn't mean to say that I was averaging one ring every 2-3hours, I meant to say I was averaging 2-3 couriers per hour [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was gonna say, teach me your magic

I spent about two weeks camping this guy every night after work for 2-5 hours and basically what I got was 1-3 couriers an hour, 1 ring after about 30-40 couriers, something like that. This was sitting down in front of a single spawn point, sending my necro's pet in to kill the spawns as soon as they popped.

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:38 PM
Sarnak

Ive camped this a few times recently and they def silent nerfed the spawn chance on this guy at some point. About 2 years ago i used to be able to get atleast 10 curiours to spawn per hour, every hour, no problem. Now im lucky if i get one an hour.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrux Bcrux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ive camped this a few times recently and they def silent nerfed the spawn chance on this guy at some point. About 2 years ago i used to be able to get atleast 10 curiours to spawn per hour, every hour, no problem. Now im lucky if i get one an hour.
Yeah I believe you are correct the first time I tried spawning this it took two days and about 8 or 10 hours to get the ring. In those two days I killed roughly 30 couriers to get this ring. Of course out of pure blind luck my second ring only took one LONG day to get him to pop and I got the ring after about 10 courier kills. So from what I would say is I got roughly triple the mobs the first attempt at a ring.

I camped courier all week long this week spending 1-2 hours each night working TWO spawn points killing the mobs within 10secs of pop and I managed to get roughly 12 couriers to spawn all week.

So what I'm thinking now is based on pure averages your going to average about 1 maybe 2 couriers per hour. The first time I camped the ring I averaged 3 maybe 4