Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Raid Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 11:38 PM
Planar Protector

So we should get our first 'extra' noble on Wednesday.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 02-20-2014, 02:20 AM
Kobold

Wednesday - killed noble 2 OOA up
Old 02-20-2014, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

So if I understand this correctly: sometime between now and sunday, the original noble should pop and we should get 3 OOA. On Sunday the repop noble should repop and we should have 4 OOA.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:53 AM
Planar Protector

FE wants in on this Noble Party. Please send me a PM so we can work something out.

Thanks guys!
Old 02-21-2014, 01:16 AM
Fire Giant

So, We just watched TMO engage and kill Noble in Sky.. It's still Taken's sky night and we were waiting on the spawn then TMO rolls in and grabs him. Let's discuss or agree that this guild agreement was just nullified by TMO and it's time to resume the FTE fights on Noble et al.
-----------------------
Old 02-21-2014, 03:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, We just watched TMO engage and kill Noble in Sky.. It's still Taken's sky night and we were waiting on the spawn then TMO rolls in and grabs him. Let's discuss or agree that this guild agreement was just nullified by TMO and it's time to resume the FTE fights on Noble et al.
Well first let's just clarify that there was no leapfrogging or ganking of a pull from a ready raid force, because it sounds like that is being implied. Yes, you had 5ish people sitting on spawn and we had two tracking, and when it popped we ported up groups and it died.

Not really trying to nitpick here, because that's not really the point, but if it was your sky night and you were under the impression that a 'your night your kill' agreement was in place, why didn't you just have your force on 1.5 ready to go after your raid, or even up on a higher island with a person ready to pull it when it popped?

Either way, though, there was no continuing discussion about giving the mob to guilds who were in Sky that day and I don't believe every guild in the Sky schedule agreed to it. What I do know we all agreed too is that we were going to leave OoAs up so that we could get more Nobles. I personally think the assigning it days is a poor choice because it not only does it ultimately weigh in favor of whoever gets lucky on the dice roll for days (especially near the end), but there are multiple days where guild share Sky which just makes things even more difficult. I understand you can make the same argument about sitting there clicking, but when there are that many nobles I really doubt you can expect to see everybody up there every day waiting for every spawn. I know for one that we aren't that interested in Noble, but after a month and a half with never seeming it on our day, you can kind of see the flaw in assigning it that way (I'm sure every guild felt it the last month since the spawns never snowballed).

What I can say is that if you had a full presence up there in any manner that would have made it clear you were trying to lay claim to a kill on your sky day, it is almost certain we wouldn't have ported up. There were probably better ways to go about resolving the issue other than ooc banter (on both ends in the end, though), but like I said, the only agreement that I was certain on was leaving OoAs up to get more Nobles that everybody can try to get their hands on rather than have to deal with corpsing and/or pulling the harder mobs that drop the same loot.

I don't think anything was nullified by TMO. There has been over a month stretch where Nobles were just being killed by the same people and OoAs being reset by server crashes. Other people were obviously going up on other days since the beginning to kill Nobles (you can even see it in the kill logs posted here), and there had been more talk recently of blowing up this idea than sticking with it (until just a few days ago). I'm open to hammer out actual details, but I'm more for letting a lot of Nobles spawn and letting people come up to try and have a hack at it. It's not like it's a time commitment since you can track exact times, and it gives everybody a chance to score the kill rather than just leave it up to getting lucky on the day you were assigned, possibly having some guilds and days only get a couple in comparison with others, and have to deal with the split days in the schedule.
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro
Old 02-21-2014, 06:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Textwall
It doesn't matter how it went down Bizzum, we sure as shit had an agreement otherwise people would have been killing the overseers this entire time. Why is it so hard for you and your guild to keep your word on anything?? That novel outlining your position means nothing to me. Everyone agreed to not kill overseers and should a noble spawn during a skyday then that guild killed it. You and the rest of the TMO leadership ruined it because you can't even keep your word on a simple agreement.

If you want to distinguish this current TMO regime from the last you aren't doing a good job of it.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

we didnt know we had to "compete" for Noble so the mobilizing was slow

albiet he was pulled within 10 min of spawning and we did have people up there tracking as well

could we have poopsockd it with a raid force.. Yes. Did anyone think that was required with this agreement. No.

fact remains u guys knew which sky day he spawned on ( Taken / BDA), saw us with a group up there but still did not yield or communicate. Our leadership wasnt 100% sure he was popping last night as he died the night before. This is a new mechanic, people are not used to us doing it this way.

Asking 30 people to wait around for a "chance" he would b there didnt sit with me. However i did not think for one min another guild would go snipe him not even 10 min after showing up. There was even talk to let Noble remain up til the mornin so BDA could kill him at an earlier time for everyone else on the server.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:52 AM
Fire Giant

Chest and Eratani covered things quite nicely and I agree with everything they stated. I would add that the understanding was always that whomever had that day in sky, the Nobles which popped or were up were theirs as a part of their sky rotation. It was never agreed to be an opportunity to have another large click-fest with increased frequency. It was to be an end to that kind of bullshit, not-fun experience.

Taken and most other guilds interested in killing the efreeti have been waiting (with growing impatience) to see if the mechanics would work as stated and yes that means we have gone a long time without getting a shot at killing him (we were all in the same boat). We left up Noble many times when we knew he was up as a part of the agreement because we really wanted this to work and assumed that all other guilds were onboard. So yes, TMO did just shit all over the agreement (or at the absolute least, the spirit of it) We were all on the same page on this and the commentary made around this has always been clear that the Nobles belonged to whomever had sky that night. It was never intended to be an FTE type event.
-----------------------
Old 02-21-2014, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

At least from my perspective, the point of this was to spawn 5000 nobles so we don't have to fight like dogs over them.

We should have 3 OOAs up soon, 4 by the end of the weekend, and 5 if Rogean grants us another repop.
Closed Thread