Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 03:34 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I'm an old time EQ player whose recently come back. I have a level 20 shaman which I started because its pretty much the only class I never leveled up in the old days. Good luck to everyone else!
Old 02-25-2017, 03:42 PM
Aviak

Nice one Ziggy. I could try that on the next raffle. But I will stick to this one this time round since it has already begun.
When Ashon helped me It was insane! Many did not believe me when I told them the story. He made me the Shiniest druid in Gfay! and I was level 13 or 14 at the time running around in cloth haha
Last edited by HouseTargaryen; 02-25-2017 at 03:47 PM..
Old 02-25-2017, 03:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanbunny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Greetings, I just returned to the game after a couple years and am starting over fresh. The only issue is that this time I have 2 newbies with me. My sister and my girlfriend are starting from scratch with me and its gonna be tough paying for spells, starter gear and ports for all 3 of us for a good while. I can attest this mask would be put to good use and I 110% would pay it forward since 10k is way more than enough to get the 3 of us on our feet. Honestly I would probably sell it and keep half and give away the other 5k in 500 plat chunks to deserving new players. As far as about myself, I played the game way back in 2001 and it has been my favorite game ever since. Whenever I play a buffing class I always buff almost every stranger I pass by without being asked. I always answer questions to those that I can answer and am always willing to lend a helping hand with corpse retrieval's or whatever else I may be capable of. Anyway, I am sure there are those who could use the help just as much. Good luck to the winner and thank you for giving back to the community!

PS: If anyone thinks that due to the age of my account I am just looking for a handout, if you check my post history you will see that there is a recent post gap from 2014 until now. So I am legit starting over fresh. Not to mention I owned just a few cheap caster items on my old account which I am transferring to my new Enchanter for use. So no I am not a completely new player in the sense that I have played before, but I have two BRAND new players I will be supporting this time around.
Your post history shows you have a character that is at LEAST level 30 which would give you a huge advantage over someone who is just starting out, even if your character is gearless. I think there are actual newbs who would be more deserving of this, but yeah, I'm not OP!
Old 02-25-2017, 04:13 PM
Fire Giant

Im Skew. Wood Elf . Female of course.
Iksar race are terrible but i need that mask to troll guildmates.
I like your name and think FoH are a great addition to the server.
Old 02-25-2017, 04:15 PM
Fire Giant

lol Skew the guy offering 175k for your Horn of Hsagra. cute.
Old 02-25-2017, 04:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dslaybac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol Skew the guy offering 175k for your Horn of Hsagra. cute.
Decent offer i thought. Id offer him 175 and an Iksar mask if i had an Iksar mask.
Old 02-25-2017, 04:34 PM
Aviak

/bonks Skew on the head.
Fire Giant

Good to see more people helping new players. DoF approved.
Planar Protector

I find giving items to new players I am grouping with on my lowbies works best. In the past 2 weeks I gave a warrior a full set of banded, 55hp rings, and a couple weapons and the guy is lvl 18 now, still playing, and going strong.

The second guy, a wizard of all classes to start with had cloth and a cracked staff. I gave him two 55hp rings, a cone of the mystics, 2 weapons and a robe. That wizard who i met at lvl 5 is now 16.

I just think it's more fulfilling giving items you know the player can use. Also, it's easier to judge what type of player they are when you group with them, so you can determine if you think they may continue playing and will use the items.

Too many scumbags and people looking for handouts will flock to this post now. I will never tell someone how or what they should give to other people, but I just think using the forums is not the best way to help those in need out.

***Let's be honest. Using forums isn't classic. Most of the people in most need won't be reading the server forums section anyway.
Old 02-25-2017, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

Well if skew is putting her name in the hat.

I am a multi faceted player whose bard is in dire need of the iksar illusion to run safely around in Cabilis. There are much needed quests that I cannot complete due to fear of getting jump by the many roamers of the city.

Please Sowgirl you are the only one that can save me.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Closed Thread