Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 09:45 AM
Aviak

This is great. If a new guild wants to take on a raid boss that your guild regularly kills. Let them have it.

It is good to share
Old 02-26-2017, 09:48 AM
Orc

Thumbs up Thumbs up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanshub [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's this kind of thing that will help us build a better server. Props to all the guilds who have agreed to this. I don't imagine that the support of kittens means as much as that of guilds that actively contest this kind of thing but KWSM would like to extend our best wishes to Auld Lang Syne in their attempts at raiding. The idea of a bunch of players trying to kill dragons in the most incredibly classic way possible give me hope for the future of P99. We can make of this server what we wish. Lets make it a better place to play classic Everquest.

Our meows are with you Auld Lang Syne! =^.^=
Your support is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Scaleway - Auld Lang Syne
Old 02-26-2017, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanshub [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's this kind of thing that will help us build a better server. Props to all the guilds who have agreed to this. I don't imagine that the support of kittens means as much as that of guilds that actively contest this kind of thing but KWSM would like to extend our best wishes to Auld Lang Syne in their attempts at raiding. The idea of a bunch of players trying to kill dragons in the most incredibly classic way possible give me hope for the future of P99. We can make of this server what we wish. Lets make it a better place to play classic Everquest.

Our meows are with you Auld Lang Syne! =^.^=
It's great guilds have acknowledged and agreed that they feel ALS should get a chance to take down some mid level dragons. Until it happens though, it's just talk. We will see.

It wasn't until a lot of heat came with a lot of pessimism and criticism early on in the thread that guilds started to agree to let ALS down raid mobs when the time came.

Notably, Awakened I believe was the first to pop into the thread and say as a guild, they were in full support of this. I mention this because typically this guild is always criticized by everyone as being one of the most tenaciously competitive guilds on the server, yet here they were the first to say they would not interfere if ALS wanted specific raid mobs.

Honestly it's mid tier raid guilds that seem sock these mobs the most and I suspect if there's any trouble for ALS it will be from these "casual raid" guilds more than it will be from A/A and the like.

Good luck ALS! At least some guilds have finally taken note of this thread and managed to acknowledge your interest in trying some raids on mobs that these guilds routinely gobble up for MQ sales and/or high end pixel sales.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Notably, Awakened I believe was the first to pop into the thread and say as a guild, they were in full support of this. I mention this because typically this guild is always criticized by everyone as being one of the most tenaciously competitive guilds on the server, yet here they were the first to say they would not interfere if ALS wanted specific raid mobs.
If you are here to make sure that anybody who violates their word has to pay for their hippocracy, then will you also be here to praise those who first signed on if it is ultimately a success?

I think that's called positive reinforcement. Supporting this kind of thing should be common sense. Realists should exist to give accountability to the rule lawyers. See through the BS and make sure this happens.
Old 02-26-2017, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
If you are here to make sure that anybody who violates their word has to pay for their hippocracy, then will you also be here to praise those who first signed on if it is ultimately a success?

I think that's called positive reinforcement. Supporting this kind of thing should be common sense. Realists should exist to give accountability to the rule lawyers. See through the BS and make sure this happens.
That's why I gave Awakened the true credit they deserve, they were in this thread long before you were. Glad you showed up though.

Hope you keep your word on letting ALS do their thing at least once.
Old 02-26-2017, 12:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's why I gave Awakened the true credit they deserve, they were in this thread long before you were. Glad you showed up though.

Hope you keep your word on letting ALS do their thing at least once.
Good. It sounds to me like, if they follow through, that they deserve the credit.
Old 02-26-2017, 12:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
It's great guilds have acknowledged and agreed that they feel ALS should get a chance to take down some mid level dragons. Until it happens though, it's just talk. We will see.

It wasn't until a lot of heat came with a lot of pessimism and criticism early on in the thread that guilds started to agree to let ALS down raid mobs when the time came.
You are totally clueless. Just leave this thread and let us have our fun. You've done nothing to help, you've been critical of this process every step of the way, and now that this event is set up you are here to be negative again. Go away.
Old 02-26-2017, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are totally clueless. Just leave this thread and let us have our fun. You've done nothing to help, you've been critical of this process every step of the way, and now that this event is set up you are here to be negative again. Go away.
If it were not for "negative" players like me, the neckbeards would continue to sock every low to mid tier raid mob with no regards to ALS and this thread would have gone unnoticed.

Criticism is a needed element to any operating system whether you like it or not. Just because the system here favors zerging raid guilds like yours doesn't necessarily mean it is quite as favorful to smaller guilds like ALS.

You should learn to differentiate between what is negative and what is critical, btw. You remind me of politicians that refer to any criticism towards them as negativity and lies whereas any praise is nothing but truth.

There are tons of wonderful, awesome stuffs on p99 but raiding is not one of them. That's due to player greed above all else.

If you feel insulted and sad by reading this, perhaps it's because the truth hurts and you feel guilty knowing that you are part of the problem regarding raids here on p99.
Old 02-26-2017, 02:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
If it were not for "negative" players like me, the neckbeards would continue to sock every low to mid tier raid mob with no regards to ALS and this thread would have gone unnoticed.
LOL take a look at this guy giving himself credit for ALS's diplomatic accomplishments.
Old 02-26-2017, 02:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:

Criticism is a needed element to any operating system whether you like it or not. Just because the system here favors zerging raid guilds like yours doesn't necessarily mean it is quite as favorful to smaller guilds like ALS.

You should learn to differentiate between what is negative and what is critical, btw. You remind me of politicians that refer to any criticism towards them as negativity and lies whereas any praise is nothing but truth.

There are tons of wonderful, awesome stuffs on p99 but raiding is not one of them. That's due to player greed above all else.

If you feel insulted and sad by reading this, perhaps it's because the truth hurts and you feel guilty knowing that you are part of the problem regarding raids here on p99.
Your like a politician who constantly has their mouth open - repeating yourself ad nauseam saying your tired line
Closed Thread