Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 07:02 AM
Planar Protector

GoT or GoT inspired names aren't so bad. The worst, most immersion breaking names are people that name their characters after their classes abilities. like Portsforu, Stabbzin, Nukesem etc etc etc. The sheer lack of creativity disgusts me.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion_Standing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GoT or GoT inspired names aren't so bad. The worst, most immersion breaking names are people that name their characters after their classes abilities. like Portsforu, Stabbzin, Nukesem etc etc etc. The sheer lack of creativity disgusts me.
My druid is named Teleports You
Old 04-23-2019, 08:12 AM
Planar Protector

Werent there NPCs that have GoT names or something? Cant imitate NPC names...
Old 04-23-2019, 08:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion_Standing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
+1

- Swish
Old 04-23-2019, 09:45 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's an NPC in NFP that is named in reference to Jason Voorhees from Friday the 13th.
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://wiki.project1999.com/Joffrey_Clay
http://wiki.project1999.com/Sansa_Nusk

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

Guilds have always been allowed to ignore the name policy for the most part. IB was one of the earliest P99 guilds and used the well-known name (and unique spelling) of the movie.

I dislike dumb names, but I don't typically report them. I regard a stupid name as a big neon sign advertising the player as a fool. I see it as an unintentional community service of sorts.

In-game EQ has a number of pop culture-related NPC names, but they're subtle for the most part. I can't think of any offhand that particularly stand out. The "games of thrones" player names probably fall into the same category. Since I don't watch that television show, I don't recognize any of the associated names. They otherwise largely fit within the game setting.

Danth
Old 04-23-2019, 12:14 PM
Banned

The opposite end of the spectrum are gnome wizards named Yaren and Filipus.

OBGYNs by trade.
Old 04-23-2019, 12:41 PM
Fire Giant

cleanse it all
Old 04-23-2019, 01:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenyo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cleanse it all
wipe Blue
Closed Thread