Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2020, 01:24 AM
Planar Protector

my understanding is that there were like 20 active petitions at the time of the suspensions, please correct me if I'm wrong. For those who have access to that stuff, could you let us know how many of those petitions are from ToV vs. zones like VP / kael / skyshrine etc.

And for the ToV petitions, are any involving Iki and Gozz (the two unrooted mobs who can be pulled to ent)? What I am obviously getting at is that rooted dragons are the problem. It's created a meta where huge train away strats are the ones that are needed to compete. 200+ people around a dragon with massive trains all over the place no wonder there are so many petitions and different opinions depending which guild you are in.
Old 10-22-2020, 01:47 AM
Planar Protector

Sure, mechanics can be blamed for people's behavior. But:

One of the corequisites of being an adult is accepting responsibilities for your actions.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 10-22-2020, 02:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure, mechanics can be blamed for people's behavior. But:

One of the corequisites of being an adult is accepting responsibilities for your actions.
where do you think we are?
Old 10-22-2020, 02:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And how many guilds caught themselves an indefinite ban prior to this?
Rogean banned ALL raiding prior to imposing the Class R system. That was mostly aimed at TMO, which utterly dominated VP & the 7-day content at the time due to being the most tightly organized zerg on the server, but by banning all raiding Rogean got the other guilds to (briefly) consider their own wannabe toxicity.
Old 10-22-2020, 02:11 AM
Decaying Skeleton

HI KAEV!!!!
Old 10-22-2020, 02:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoggren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The raid scene was civil for a year because one guild dominated all high end content. AG barely saw inner ring NToV or Vulak, and were beat time and again for city leaders in a system designed to favor those with the most experience with the current raid rule set. Freedom forms out of AG and Riot and (Aftermath) and suddenly the guild who had it nearly on lock must fight again for spawns. No guild with power like that is going to give it up easily, and the same could be said of Aftermath when Riot surpassed them. Riot decided to rules lawyer and Aftermath had their own response to suddenly being challenged. I think in the end it made it toxic, whether through 20 page petitions or cut throat play. Both guilds regularly fielded 125 plus during their height for mobs. The idea that either of them were zergs would be false, as each had knowledgeable playmakers that knew how to be successful inside a byzantine rule set that other guilds often didn't fully understand. I am sure Paradigm Shift and Core had a more difficult time under Aftermath than AG did under Riot, but in the end losing so many mobs to one guild brings the same feeling of animosity. No system will work here with one guild dominating again that will not lead to the creation of a toxic environment. Any solution that will work will have to result in Riot Freedom and AG all losing mobs, and opening up more raid content to Kittens, TSS and DB, plus any other alliances. Ideas of making a more punitive system are moot, we've already tried that. The idea that the GM's can be perfect arbitrators has already proven to be a false one, and they just don't want to anymore. You can have certain mobs on rotation while still having competition on other mobs. A system that can entice guilds to work together instead of creating a hyper partisan system, where people hate entire guilds because they must destroy them during cycle days. It needs to be a radical rethinking, for the better of the server. We all live here in the end. We're all p99'ers. The GM's are letting us decide which way to go and more than just the top 3 guilds should have a say in it.
Qft
Old 10-22-2020, 02:42 AM
Sarnak

I can't wait for rotations, that's gonna be so fun thanks Freedom.
Old 10-22-2020, 03:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The sad truth many of you are resistant to is that Everquest was not designed to be the hyper competitive gaming environment ya'll are trying to make it be. Easy solution is rotate all mobs. Can make an exception like Kael if you really need a janky ass mariokart experience to feel superior to other people.
Ding ding motherfucker! Ahahahahahaa!

Shit had me laughin brother. Kudos.
Old 10-22-2020, 05:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caball [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean... everyone has just as much a right to play this game as anyone else. Freedom formed because Riot leadership decided to play god and determine who can and can’t raid on P99. Wether you like someone or not isn’t relevant, no one here owns this server besides Rogean and Nilbog and outcasting or turning your back on people who want to be apart of the raid scene was a bad call. Freedom never would have formed if Riot leadership didn’t start kicking people and being the gatekeeper of 90% of raid content week after week. Rather not get into it more than that but Riot had basically free reign for a year and the only competition was internal and Arcler/Unicity decided to deal with it in a poor way and now you all wind up here. Stop blaming everyone else and realize it’s not someone else’s fault but everyone’s fault who has “power” in these top raiding guilds who decided to tell other people they can’t see the large majority of the raid content because they feel like it.
So you are saying instead we shoulda been forced to raid with people we don't even feel comfortable being around ? I'm fine with competition but you can't simply say if Riot accepted all assholes everything would be fine....
Old 10-22-2020, 05:43 AM
Sarnak

And I mean that in the most general way no one in particular.
Closed Thread