Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2020, 03:53 PM
Banned

Default Druid Resistance Call To Action (No Firepot Ports)

An open letter to my fellow travelers for the coin

As many of you have probably noticed lately, you have most likely been receiving an increasing number of tells from trend seekers asking if we are bound at the firepots.

Obviously this is because said players followed the herd of sheep to stand in line to purchase the next gadget and are now realizing it was nothing more than a gimmick, especially for a non gating class. Now they are expecting us to provide service at this ridiculous location and cater to their needs.

The product we provide is unsurpassed in it's convenience and expediency. We provide Sows, Levs, Invis as well as great customer service. We work to earn the coin to gear our alts and the stampede we recently saw to bind at the pots was a direct attack upon our small businesses to survive and flourish. These ingrates truly believed they would no longer need us.

When I see the screenshots of the endless lines of people rushing to bind at firepots, I see an endless sea of middle fingers telling us they don't need our services any longer.

Now what we are currently seeing is the beginnings of "Buyer's Remorse". The forum salesmen have sold an impractical bind location to a great number of classes/players and they are beginning to realize it. The bread and butter of our business is EC Tunnel. Being bound in EC is extremely important to keep the coin flowing during peak hours of transportation.

My proposal is this:

Boycott ALL port requests from Firepots. If you are bound there immediately bind somewhere else.

We will only be able to achieve our objective of expanding our businesses if we unite and remain strong. We must be the ones to push our profit margins back to EC Tunnel where it belongs. This can only be achieved by not offering service at the firepots. If you see anyone offering service from the firepots, Name and Shame them. They are a crusty shit stain with no pride or decency chasing a quick buck, unable to see the long term damage they are causing to the market.

Secondary Proposal:

Corpse Recovery requests have completely gotten out of control. I see far more requests of people asking for CR Port requests than actual ports that provide profit. This needs to stop.

In the past there was a unionized ponzi scheme of a guild that has broken the port market where ports because you are naked have an expectation of being free. This crime syndicate needs to be broken up. This can be achieved by funneling all of the free ports to their members while we profit from the ports that are actually worth our time. Let them sink under the labor of providing services for free to players that bag all their gear claiming CR while we focus on profit.

We need to take a hard stance. We have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason. More and more we have stood idly by while players have flocked to gimmicks, slapping us in the face and then expecting us to go out of our way to accommodate them when they realize the error of their ways.

This will not be easy but we must act now to repair the dysfunctional market. We hold all the keys to all the doors for easy travel. Additional steps must be taken if our demands are not met including a freeze on all ports to DL if necessary.

Our Services are Essential

It's time to take our class defining role back
Attached Images
File Type: jpg on strike.jpg (99.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 11-25-2020, 03:56 PM
Banned

next thing you know druids are gonna demand 100pp a port
Old 11-25-2020, 04:01 PM
Kobold

HELL NO

WE WON'T SOW

HELL NO

WE WON'T SOW
Old 11-25-2020, 04:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG SiP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I already tell people if they want me to come to firepots to port them its going to cost 100pp. You want me to port you to DL then evac you in KC to EJ or SF? 50pp. Time is money baby.
Old 11-25-2020, 04:21 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG SiP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i wont even tip 10pp
Old 11-25-2020, 04:40 PM
Orc

Sounds like you're mad because your job has been replaced by a fire pot.

Firepot bind + Jboots = I'm a strong independent Enchanter who don't need no Druid
Old 11-25-2020, 04:44 PM
Sarnak

You sound like a disruptaphobe
Old 11-25-2020, 05:00 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by conoutoftrol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HELL NO

WE WON'T SOW

HELL NO

WE WON'T SOW
Old 11-25-2020, 05:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewinder47 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like you're mad because your job has been replaced by a fire pot.

Firepot bind + Jboots = I'm a strong independent Enchanter who don't need no Druid
I hope your class gets Donalin'd soon
Old 11-25-2020, 05:55 PM
Banned

Stopped reading at "druid"
Closed Thread